Springbok Racer

2015 Qld Scale Auto And Oapr Lmp Endurance Championship.

Good idea Cam... there must be a bistro style pub not too far away. Trips to Sydney are great because of the Blu Gum. We need to send out an advance party.. how about the Redcliffe RSL.

Noel, you're an old Redcliffe Penninsular local". go check it out.. its got pokeys and you might get lucky

There is a pub with food less than 5 mins away not sure of the food quality though.

Do you guys think the Gold Coast guys should consider staying over on Saturday night? If so, where is a good place. I am sure our interstate visitors would like to know too.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

I think to even things up you should walk from the Gold Coast.. I will go for a drive around next week to see if I can find some accommodation. I will report back

Noel

Hi guys,

Received an email from Werner (Ace Hobbies) with a complete list of accommodation as used at the recent APC at North Lakes (just down the road from Red Racer). I have added this list to the first post on this thread. So I guess the only suggestion we still need is a Saturday night feed-and-yarn spot....

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

I've booked into the Waltzing Matilda Motel. 5 mins walk and beachfront. Looks ok.

Good on you Brucey....I think more of us locals will be doing the same...if only for Saturday night.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi guys,

The first post has now been updated with the latest information. After Noel and I did some testing today, Luke has made his nominions based on the results and given me all his entry and practice fees.

For those that may be interested, the Scale Auto laptimes were in the 8.2's and the OAPR LMP's in the 7.2's. So it would be reasonable to expect at least another 1/10th in the Scale Auto class and another 1 to 2/10's in the OAPR LMP's during practice on the Friday and Saturday. However, as we know with hand out motors, the laptimes during the start of racing will not be as good. But if your setup can handle a fast motor, it should be a breeze with a slightly slower one.

Another interesting revelation was the fact that there was no difference between different bodies in the Scale Auto GT's. The track is an extremely level platform across the range.

MAKE SURE YOU ENTER NOW - even if your team is entered on a reserve list, it may still translate into a racing spot.

Cheers,

Jan

Extreme jokers?

...you must be joking Chris.....

Great to see your coming up Brooksy...

...yeah, we had to find a driver that know the track.....

Extreme jokers?

Extremely joking

Extreme jokers?

Extremely joking

..that's funny mate...love it!

Hi Guys,

ONE TEAM SPOT HAS BECOME AVAILABLE IN THE 8 HOUR SCALEAUTO ENDURO ON SUNDAY - GRAB IT NOW!!

We can also still accept another few team entries for the LMP enduro on Saturday...

See ya at RedRacer.

Jan

Hi guys,

Team changes have been made (some still need confirmation). This all mean that we have opportunity for another team to enter in the main enduro on Sunday.

It would be very good if we could get a team from Toowoomba - come on Peter and Dave, how about joining in?

Not long now.....

Cheers,

Jan

Hi guys,

If any of our entrants would like to have some racing on the Friday night (1st of May) - Lucas has indicated that apart from his regular Friday night program, he will put on some Slotworx V8's too. This racing will be a sprint format and will be for practice and fun - the cars just need to be built according to the Slotworx ruleset, with both homologated motors allowed and the pinion choice being left to the drivers on the night.

Obviously this will show everyone who would like to race these cars at Red Racer in future, how to set them up and what choices are best.

We may be joined by Cam Nielson the creator, manufacturer and main distributor of these cars too. If so, it will to be great for as many of us as possible to support him in show casing this new class.

If you want to buy a car for this class, please contact Cam directly, otherwise, they are locally avaliable from Luke at Red Racer, Andrew at Narangba or myself on the Gold Coast.

......and of course, this will just wet everyones appetite for the OAPR LMP's on Saturday (2nd) and the BIG ONE on Sunday the 3rd with the Scaleauto GT's.

Make sure you have your leave pass organised and enter for a great weekend's racing at Red Racer.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi guys,

Only a week to go before the first racing starts. Organising for the build up races are taking shape with cars getting built and prepared. The V8's on Friday night will be a fun thing and Cam is planning to have a weekend long display going of this class. Then it will get more serious on Saturday afternoon with the OAPR LMP 1000 - teams are currently settling down with a few changes sorting themselves out. But when the start lights goes out it will be full on. Come Sunday morning the 3rd of May, every team and every driver will be fine tuned for the big race of the weekend - the Scaleauto GT's - 8 hours of concentration, careful consistent competitive driving and bags of fun.

Get there, come and watch, enter if you can still find a spot or join an entered team - but get there! The throphies are waiting, the handout motors are waiting and the racetrack is ready - come and have a go.

Can't wait, the Qld leg of this series is about to hit town.

Cheers,

Jan

Tomorrow the fun begins....looking forward to catching up with a great bunch of blokes.

Thank you Luke for making it possible.

Cheers,

Jan

Because I can't use harsh language, let's just say not too good.

I've been sitting on the tarmac at Brisbane airport for 1.5 hours.

Roads are flooded, trains are down...don't think we'll be racing V8's tonight.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Did you make it Cam ? Or are you settled into a few ales at the pub instead . Queensland beautiful one day, cyclonic the next !

Hope you have bed mate .

Cheers Pagey