2015 Qld Scale Auto And Oapr Lmp Endurance Championship.

Hi guys,

After years of trying to find the right big scale track and venue combination in QLD, Lucas de Bakker, owner of Red Racer Hobbies - at Unit 11, 300 Oxley Avenue, Margate QLD 4019, tel (07) 3284 4888 - has come to our rescue.

On the first weekend in May we will be hosted by Luke at his raceway super store for our annual Queensland event in this exciting national series. It will all be happening on this 8 lane track:

Studio_20150302_170736.png

The weekend racing format will follow our well proven way of doing things and all the detail will be published and updated here before the event. Don't let anything stop you from entering your team(s) for both enduro's NOW. The first 8 entries in the Scale Auto class and first 16 entries in the OAPR LMP class will be sure to race, after that entries will go on reserve lists.

THE WEEKEND RACE SCHEDULE WILL BE:(any teams that are late at any stage will have to wait until the race start to finish final check and scrutineering).

SATURDAY 2ND OF MAY

- OAPR LMP's 12.00pm to 6.00pm (schedule based on 16 teams, so a later start will be possible if less teams)

- Motor hand out and on track check out 12.00pm to 12.30pm

- Scrutineering 12.35pm

- Concourse 1.00pm

- Qualifying (any lane) for lane choice 1.10pm

- Drivers briefing 1.25pm

- Race start 1.30pm.

- SCALE AUTO 8 hour enduro motor hand out (30 minutes) will follow directly after the OAPR LMP enduro has finished.(It should not be later than 6.00pm, but could be earlier if all teams are happy to do so).

- Scale Auto scrutineering will follow 30 minutes after the motor handout and on track check out has finished.

- Scale Auto cars will go in to overnight parc ferme and lock down.

SUNDAY 3RD OF MAY

- Shop opens at 8.30am

- Scale Auto qualifying (any lane) for lane choice at 9.00am

- Scale Auto enduro will start immediately after qualifying.

All marshalling will be based on the lane colour a team is racing on at all times. CHECK THE COLOURS AS MARKED ON THE TRACK FOR YOUR TEAM MARSHALLING POSITION.

The OAPR LMP regulations are here:

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18049-2015-oapr-lmp-car-regulations/page__view__findpost__p__229892

- THE PINION TO BE USED WITH THE HAND OUT NSR 25Evo MOTOR IS A 12Tooth M50.

- 8 X 15 MINUTE BRACKETS, WITH DRIVERS DRIVING A COMPLETE BRACKET and ALTERNATING BRACKETS BETWEEN THEM. SO in 2 DRIVERS TEAMS, each driver will drive 4 lanes and in 3 DRIVER TEAMS, 2 drivers will drive 3 lanes and 1 driver will drive 2 lanes. The track may not be divided in two halves with drivers only driving one side thereof (ie. ajoining lanes).

The Scale Auto GT'S regulations are here:

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18050-2015-scale-auto-gt-car-regulations/page__view__findpost__p__228340

- THE HAND OUT MOTOR WILL BE THE SC-26 ENDURANCE MOTOR AND WILL NEED TO BE FITTED WITH A 12Tooth M50 pinion.

- 8 x 60 MINUTE BRACKETS, WITH ALL DRIVERS DRIVING ALL LANES EQUALLY. 3 DRIVER TEAMS WILL DRIVE 20 MINUTE STINTS and 4 DRIVER TEAMS WILL DRIVE 15 MINUTE STINTS.

Mark your diaries and organise your leave passes for the 2nd and 3rd of May - we will be racing the ever popular Scale Auto GT's and the super fast OAPR LMP's.

WEEKEND PRACTICE will be available on Friday from 10.00am to 6.00pm at $10.00 per driver and on Saturday from 10.00am until OAPR LMP's start at $5.00 per driver - payable directly to the raceway. On Saturday only one driver per team will be allowed on the track at any time.

ENTRY FEES will be $25 per driver for the OAPR LMP ENDURANCE and $50 per driver for the SCALE AUTO ENDURANCE - payable directly to the raceway.

LUNCH WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE RACEWAY ON SUNDAY. Snacks and drinks are available all weekend.

Suggestions for accommodation (by kind favour of Werner and Ace Hobbies);

- Kallangur Motel, 1517 Anzac Ave, Kallangur QLD 4503, ph 07 3886 2366, fax 07 3886 2355, Email info@kallangurmotel.com.au ,

Website http://www.kallangurmotel.com.au/

- Kipparing Village Motel, 418 Elizabeth Ave, Kippa-Ring QLD 4021, ph 07 3283 3933, fax 07 3283 2883, Email kipparingmotel@bigpond.com ,

Website http://www.kipparingvillagemotel.com.au/index.htm

- Gordon Motor Inn, 125 Anzac Ave, Redcliffe QLD 4020, ph 07 3283 4600, fax 07 3283 4700,

Website http://www.gordonmotorinn.com.au/main/page_home.html

- Ainslie Manor B&B, 42 Stevens Street, Redcliffe QLD 4020, ph 07 3885 8606, fax 07 3885 8297, Email info@ainsliemanor.com ,

Website http://www.ainsliemanor.com/

- Jan's B&B, 2 Teak Street, Rothwell, QLD 4022, ph 07 3204 1332 mob 041 207 1220

Email jan@jans-accommodation.com.au

Website http://www.jans-accommodation.com.au/index.php

- La Vida on Anzac, 41 Anzac Ave, Redcliffe QLD 4020, ph 07 3897 4700, fax 07 3897 4799, Email info@lavidaonanzac.com.au ,

Website http://www.lavidaonanzac.com.au/

- Redvue Appartments, 83 Marine Parade, Redcliffe QLD 4020, ph 07 3897 1500, fax 07 3897 1599, Email info@redvueapartments.com.au ,

Website http://www.redvueapartments.com.au/

- Waltzing Matilda Motel, 109 Margate Parade Margate Beach, Margate QLD 4019, ph 073283 7177, fax 07 3883 1006,

Email reservations@waltzingmatildamotel.com.au

Website http://www.waltzingmatildamotel.com.au/index.html

SEE YOU AT RED RACER IN MAY!!!

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is where all the team entries will be recorded and updated as they come in.

OAPR LMP's (2 or 3 drivers per team on the Saturday):

1. Narangba Team - (Simon and Cam).

2. Jokers Team #1 - (Jan and Tim).

3. Eagles Team - (Bruce and Ashley).

4. Team Kiwi #1 - (Gerald and Sean).

5. Team Phoenix - (Greg and Garry).

6. Team RedRacer - (Jacques, AJ and Jon).

7. Team Zimmer Racing - (Kim and Foxy).

8. Jokers Team #2 - (Mark and Andrew).

9. Team Kiwi #2 -(Grant and Paul W)

Scale Auto GT's (3 or 4 drivers per team on the Sunday):

1. Narangba Team #1 - (Andrew, Simon and Cam).

2. Jokers Team - (Jan, Tim and Mark).

3. Eagles Team - (Bruce, Ashley, Kim and Foxy).

4. Narangba Team #2 - (Allan, Sean and Jeremy).

5. Team Kiwi - (Grant, Gerald and Rick M).

6. Team Phoenix - (Greg, Garry and Lucas).

7. Team Red Racer - (Jacques, Gary and Jon).

8. The 3 Mongs - (Scooter, Andy and Pete).

...if you snooze you lose.

• 2 weeks later...

Cody, I don't know what team boss Greg or Noel will say but, IMHO, you'd be a great addition to the team if Shane can't make it. Regardless I'd be happy to team up for LMPs.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Jan, we can run round robin for the LMPs, limit is 16, or whatever you think is enough.

And please add Greg to Team Phoenix in both classes, he'll probably drive with Noel in LMP. Put him at the top please as he is our illustrious leader.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Guys,

Please check the team changes and let me know if I got it right. Noel phoned me and gave me a different scenario for NSR, Phoenix and JRS.....so not sure about all that. Maybe you guys can agree off-forum and just confirm with me.

For the OAPR LMP 1000 enduro, we will limit the entry to 16 teams. Therefor if any team with 3 drivers wish to find a 4th and split into two teams, that will be OKAY.

For the Scale Auto 8 hour enduro on Sunday, we want to suggest 4 driver teams. It is a very good format and allow drivers a decent break during the race. But it also allow for more drivers to get a drive AND should one drop out, the team is still good to race.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi guys,

Lucas from RedRacer has grabbed the last team spot on the Scale Auto GT list, so we will now start a reserve team entry list for the Scale Auto 8 hour enduro on Sunday. Please keep entering as you may get lucky and end up racing. Of course you may also 'talk' to teams that only have 3 or less drivers so far. A 4 driver format work very well.

As for the OAPR LMP's, we can still accept entries to race on Saturday as the entry limit has been increased to 16 teams.

Thanks for your great response, you will not be disappointed, our first event in this National Series was a massive success at HSC the past weekend and we would like to make the RedRacer QLD, event even bigger.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan..

obviously the format is different to last years... and more in line with what we ran at Hornsby - two separate races, and not adding the scores together like last years Qld event.

Correct.

Jan

Hi guys,

Please post your team changes and/or entries here on the forum. Lately I have been getting conflicting phone calls, WhatsApp messages, text messages and emails regarding these.

In order to reduce possible confusion (I am easily confused), or even misunderstandings leading to disappointment, your cooperation will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jan

Good idea Cam... there must be a bistro style pub not too far away. Trips to Sydney are great because of the Blu Gum. We need to send out an advance party.. how about the Redcliffe RSL.

Noel, you're an old Redcliffe Penninsular local". go check it out.. its got pokeys and you might get lucky