2015 Qld Scale Auto And Oapr Lmp Endurance Championship.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

This was a great event and I would like to extend my appreciation for it's success to the following people: Lucas, Jacques and the Red Racer ladies for a well organised venue and looking after all of us so well over the weekend; Phil Morrow for his race control and race direction; Garry and Cam for their help with scrutineering, Bruce and Andrew taking care of motor handout; Bruce for his help with concourse; Andrew and Simon for sorting track issues and allowing us the use of their (and Werner's) track. All our interstate competitors; Greg, Tim and Cam for making the trip under some difficult weather conditions. Tim endured a 2 and a half hour journey between Brisbane airport and Red Racer - normally a 21 minute trip, Cam sitting in the JetStar aircraft on the apron at Brisbane airport for 2.5 hours due to ground operations being suspended; Greg having to arrive only on Saturday morning. All because of the SE Qld cyclonic system that caused havoc allround. Each and every competitor and interested spectator - thank you, your effort and commitment to this series is an inspiration.

Qld%20RR%20LMP%20SA%20May%2015.jpg

The podium results were: - more detailed information will follow and I am sure so will the usual reports:

OAPR LMP's 1000

Concourse winner - Cam's MOMO Aston Martin LMP1

First - Team Narangba - Momo Aston Martin (JRS chassis)

Second - Team Jokers #1 - Play Station Pescarolo (JRS chassis)

Third - Team Phoenix - Peugeot LMP1 (JRS chassis)

Scaleauto GT's 8 hour

Concourse winner - Andrews Blue Viper

First - Team Phoenix - Viper

Second - Team Narangba #1 - Viper

Third - Team Jokers - Viper

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Well done Jan and Queensland boys . Sounds like a great event,any photos of event and cars ? Sounds like you were lucky only one Dapto boy showed up Jan ! Lol

JRS Chassis for the Lmp and Viper scaleauto are the weapons of choice for the two classes by the looks . How did the v8 class go? Maybe you can some how incorporate them in future events as well , even if it's just a quick sprint race if time is precious.

When and were is the next leg of series ? Do you keep a point score for the series ? This being the second round that I know of,Hornsby the first .Would be good to see overall driver , team , car combos etc . Thanks for up dates Jan keep the info coming please.

Cheers Pagey

Hi Glen,

Yes good event indeed. You are right, would be great if more Dapto guys could come to these and show the rest of us that Cam is not just a 'one-off'.

As for the next event in this series - you will have to watch this space. Each region basically organise and promote it's own.

The overall driver/team idea has been discussed previously and it was felt that the current format of 'event-by-event' is best. It promote individual regional and individual team performance, rather than super team creation which will lead to non-participation towards the end of the year.

I will provide as much information as I can on this past and future event(s), but it really is up to everyone to contribute.

On the question of including the V8's - good idea, but again, not my call. I spoke to Cam about that and he will no doubt take it up with organisers in other regions and hopefully they will find a gap for them as we did in Queensland.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Thanks Jan , as a new bloke to sport that helps a lot . Is there a standard that has to be meet to race at these events ? I hope to get involved down the track but I have health issues with my young bloke at the moment so can't commit yet . Would love to start gearing up though and be ready to jump in the big boys pool . Love the slot car scene and hope to be more involved . Thanks again for info

Cheers Pagey

And now, for the ScaleAuto happy snaps.

IMG_1340_zps7ayo6yqb.jpg

So many ScaleAutos, so few lanes... The starting eight are in the front two rows, with the Concours winner (Cam) leading the pack.

b351c79f-a473-4495-a2eb-71815c0103c4_zpsnx2qxqdk.jpg

ScaleAuto qualifying results

IMG_1355_zpslxqmmxpz.jpg

ScaleAuto race results. Only 9 laps in it after 8 hours!!!!

IMG_1357_zps1ze1tyw3.jpg

The winners: Team Phoenix. Greg, Garry and Lucas. They and Narangba obliterated the rest of the field.

Edited by Tim Tyler

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Thanks for the photo shots Tim, always good to see a little of what went on . Great looking cars in both grades , LMP especially look awesome. All the owners should be proud of the work that goes into the builds. Thought the drivers would have been in gum boots ?

Thanks for the vote on driving skills Cam, think I'm a better painter than driver . Hope to test the level one day .

Cheers Pagey.

This was the only track I thought would be running the V8's on last Friday...the BNE "carousel" track.

20150501_184731.jpg

It had long straights but I could only manage a time of 4 mins 35.38 secs in practice, couldn't get a clean lap in from the bloody bags in way.

20150501_184011.jpg

Hoo Roo

Did you try going with the flow of the belt, instead of against it?

After a lousy start to the weekend weather wise, it turned out to be a very successful and enjoyable event. Cam the V8's were awesome and I hope they continue to grow from strength to strength with all centres across Australia getting behind them. It would be fantastic to see them supported to achieve a truly national status and form a part of each endurance weekend.

The racing on the Saturday was awesome with Cam & Simon proving to be a class above the rest. The presentation of the car was outstanding and it went as quick as it looked. It was soooo stable to watch, could only have been a delight to drive i'm sure. I'd like to thank Andrew from Narangba for partnering me at late notice!! Sorry mate, I stole you from the winning team... :-(

Sunday was fantastic with a lot of newcomers to endurance racing taking away a wealth of experience. There were mixed fortunes across the teams but the cream rose to the surface, as it always tends to do. Phoenix taking a very well deserved second win for 2015. There's not much between the top 3-4 teams with anyone of them capable of snatching a win on any day. That's why these events are so good to take part in. The local factor always plays a part and the Red Racer team showed heaps of potential! If any of the top 3 teams faltered they were there to clean up!

A disappointing thing for the weekend was no Noel and Shane, nor our team mate Brooksey (who was hoping to make it), hope to see you all at the next one somewhere around Aus!

Thanks to Red Racer and thanks to Luke and family & Jacques for their outstanding efforts to make the weekend a success...

Mark

(Jokers)

Edited by 4orceracing

Great weekend.. in no particular order, big thanks to;

Cam for lending me Jimmy's V8 Commodore.. ( did'nt crash it Jimmy, honest)

Ashley for building a really fast Viper.. I got it to qualify 2nd fastest.. too bad we did'nt get a podium after 8 hours of serious racing.

The Red Racer "familly" for their great hospititality and venue

Phil Morrrow for 8 hours in the race directors chair

And.. most importantly all the racers, both local and interstate that came with one thing in mind.. just to race slotcars...

Looking foward to the MCN where we get to race these cars again!

I couldn't agree more, Kim. The Red Racer family really did look after us very well, especially their catering for us on Saturday night. Phil's considerable expertise in race control made the race run without a hitch, and we should all be very grateful to him.

In my opinion, these races produce the highest standard of racing in Australia. No other event brings together so many drivers and builders of such a high calibre. We are very fortunate that we can meet four times a year and measure ourselves against the very best. I have raced these cars in Europe and you can take it from me: Australian racers are equal to the best in the world.

Long may these events continue.

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Can only reiterate was has already been said, had a great weekend after an interesting start. Thanks to everyone involved especially Lucas at Red Racer, important that people patronise his facility as it is a fantastic setup with one of the best 8 lane tracks in Australia. I felt the track particularly suited the Scaleauto cars with just the right amount of traction.

I thought I'd post some pics of the most dominant LMP chassis of the weekend produced by Garry Johnson. Picking up 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, it is a real work of art and up there with the best in the world IMO.

A surprisingly soft setup, with only the carbon front tee plate offering front end suspension.

20150505_171456.jpg

Clever integration of the motor mount with the rear axle carrier and a simple yet strong gusseted "H" plate.

20150505_171520.jpg

A long forward facing extension on the rear motor box to aid alignment and chassis stops to prevent the box sucking to the main chassis due to oil and fluids building up over time.

20150505_171542.jpg

Looking at the underside, the side pans are also replaceable with smaller pans that can slide from front to back adding even more tuning options.

20150505_171609.jpg

Our team ran this chassis with the Lola Astin Martin body as it came from Garry. Just a basic alignment and the bearings glued in.

Beautiful Australian made gear, well done Garry.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

I couldn't agree more, Kim. The Red Racer family really did look after us very well, especially their catering for us on Saturday night. Phil's considerable expertise in race control made the race run without a hitch, and we should all be very grateful to him.

In my opinion, these races produce the highest standard of racing in Australia. No other event brings together so many drivers and builders of such a high calibre. We are very fortunate that we can meet four times a year and measure ourselves against the very best. I have raced these cars in Europe and you can take it from me: Australian racers are equal to the best in the world.

Long may these events continue. "

I agree Tim this series is the best for endurance racing but sprint racing all these guys got beaten at APC last year so it not the best event. Wish there was an event where everybody agreed on because I think we do have some world class drivers

A change of name hasn't helped you Jason. I see a lot of names who ran both events but not yours, so the lack of consensus starts and ends with you.

And to refresh your selective memory here are the 2014 APC Results

1/24 FLM - 1st Team Narangba

1/24 Formula 1 - 1st Simon Wakelin

1/24 Group C - 1st Team Narangba

1/24 GTJ - 1st Simon Wakelin

1/24 Historics - 1st Jason Kerr

MiniZ GT - 1st Paul Stevens

1/32 Div 1 - 1st Paul Stevens

1/32 Div 2 - 1st Paul Stevens

It's also interesting to check the results against the classes with hand out motors and those without. I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill