waytofast

No Bargains On Ebay

There aren't any bargains on ebay anymore, or if there is they are few and far between.

Everybody thinks and wants a million dollars for what they are trying to sell.

Have you picked up a bargain lately??

agreed v hard to find one.

Was a time during GFC I was getting everything from ebay Spain as exchange rate was so good.

The Spanish market was flooded with stuff then as well.

Not nowdays though.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

The number of people using eBay has increased so much in the last few years. The audience is bigger.

Every buyer expects to be able to get a bargain. Every seller expects to make a fortune.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

What I don't understand is that common as, recently released and readily available, cars are selling on ebay for more than a shop sells them.

Oh, and then you need to add shipping...

And the only good deal I've gotten recently was on a pair of damaged go karts.

Most my other ebay purchases lately have been for components (i.e. Diodes / Switches / LED's / etc.) which are harder to get locally at a good price...

I don't know what your talking about, every thing that I try to sell goes for peanuts. :wacko:

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

I've been propping up my slot car budget by selling on ebay for several years. In the past 6 months or so I've noticed i'm getting much better prices. Yes, more cars are going os so the dollar is a factor, another factor is the lack of private sellers.

I recently purchased an rc car body on ebay, of all the examples available, all were business sellers, and around 90% were from the same seller....

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Yes the bargains are few and far between, mainly due to exchange rates and unrealistic sellers.

I haven't been getting much there, only a few Aussie releases which I have found as the opposite of Shadow Rusty's experience (cheaper than the shops).

And really I find it a bit strange with the what I'll call an oversupply of models and makers, I would have thought people are struggling to sell them

The bargains are out there if you are lucky

5391 items on AU eBay in Slot Cars but only 496 are auctions...

Worldwide you get 65000 results and around 10000 auctions - way too many to look at :)

maybe folks are waking up to eBay

My experiences with purchasing ebay cars has not been good - in fact, it's been 100% negative - as I've only bought the one - and folk are still reading my comments on bringing the model up to any "race" condition....

Initially, I found all these great slot-car forums through looking for a much missed Scalextric AC Cobra.. and "almost" (phew) threw nearly $100 at one with a front axle assembly and the driver's head missing..... then I found Ged.. then I found Perth.. then I found Armchair.. and ultimately found the links to Auslot....

Ebay might be a treasure trove of bargains if you know what you want and are prepared to take the risk... but, as stated above - for often less than the "buy now" price plus shipping - just lob into one of our sponsors or send off an order....

I do know that there is some comfort to be taken in that "as new - never used" is supposed to mean just that - and I expect there to be rights of refusal to accept items in otherwise condition and return/refund rights... wonders of Australian Law...

I don't know if such conditions apply internationally... we are truly in a realm of relative sanctuary down here... compared to that of some of our foreign neighbors and international cousins.... end of rant.

To quote a well coined phrase - "you pays your money - and you takes your chance"... your LHS or supplier can offer you much, much more than this...

frats,

Rosco

Not a great user of E bay for slot cars mainly sot relate bits and pieces , but have bought a couple of cars I wanted but had been discontinued for a number of years , and price wise about the same as i would have paid with Pendle's for new one's , which these were reported to be NEW!!!!! one definitely was the other had dust and fluff inside it and definitely was not, and I had forgotten about the extras like tax, customs ( in one case ) and p&p , so a bargain they were not , but i wanted the cars so was prepared to pay more for them. :unsure:

E bay, Amazon..it's the way of the future and becoming more a primary sales channel rather than second hand. The lack or bargains might be tempered if people are more savvy in avoiding outright scams.

I still think there is magic in being a kid again nose pressed to the display cabinet of a real hobby shop.

I actually love Ebay, being a collector at heart it makes finding those cars missing from my collection that little bit easier.

In saying that, most sellers think their stuff I worth a million bucks.

I only ever bid thé amount I'm willing to pay, if I don't win it another one will come along another day.

• Upvote 1

How about this bargain. NOT

If it goes I guess I should have not taken mine out of the box to play with.

Personally I think he's dreaming, but good on him for trying, God loves a trying, or so I'm told.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Racer-Sideways-SWLE01-Capri-John-Player-Special-Andretti-Limited-Edition-JPS-/161627845609?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Slot_Cars&hash=item25a1c533e9

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

You can only ask.....

That seems to be around the money people are listing them for......

maybe I should buy a couple of the BMW ones while they are still available :)

thats cheap i saw one yesterday, the guy wanted 260 pounds :blink: :blink:

edit: here it is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCSWLE01-SIDEWAYS-Capri-Zakspeed-Gr5-Limited-Edition-JPS-NEW-RARE-/111607012751

Edited by Mobbzee

I still spend much time with my nose pressed to the ebay shop window.

Re-starting my garage from scratch - have previously only 'collected' Scalextric classics but am now looking at different brands as Ninco, Carrera, Fly, SCX at al seem to have both their fans and their critics.

I thought it best to buy a couple of each and see which appeal to me personally.

Went on a purchasing frenzy over easter on ebay.

7 cars in all - 5 cars all from the same seller in UK - postage would normally be an issue but when packed & sent together it equated to only $9 per car.

for the record 3 Scaleys, 2 Nincos, 1 Fly & 1 Carrera all listed as new.

Some hopefully worth keeping but was also happy to buy a couple of cheaper "thrashers" for track testing etc.

Now if only I hadn't gotten rid of all my track...

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)

Facebook is quite a good way of picking stuff up off individuals rather than bigger dealers

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Still enjoy trawling ebay.

Being a beginner, my plan was to 'stock up' on a few different brands to see what appealed. Always been a fan of karts.

Picked up this little lot recently...R5yBnc.jpg

QUu9cN.jpg

Only $95 for the whole lot + $35 postage - good starter set included dodgy controllers (now fixed), power supply & more track than our spare room floor could cope with.

Good to have a test track prior to building my own. Top 3 on right could do with new crown gears but otherwise all good.

Works out about $16 per vehicle & the track thrown in for free in effect.

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)