Round Seven- Wagburn Rally Sprint

90 replies to this topic

#41 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Interesting about drop arms on the Avant Alpine Curef99, Its all in the set up there is a sweet spot at about half way where they work just right and using a less powerful motor keeps the front end under control , have the same car as yours here and it nearly became my entry in the OZ but the motor was just to quick and at that time had nothing to put in it as I had already used up the more controllable motor in the RS , but since having a bit of time to breath on it have found the Slot it flat 6 to suit it very well nice and smooth all round. :)

#42 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Nice track GAS, I can defiantly see my old track in it. Your raid most certainly has some weight to it, it seems to work though.

Cure- The Ninco guide would defiantly help, might just be enough.

The 4.5min enduro for WRC cars happened yesterday on the longer stage 3.

Was easier to get into the cars as I have driven them so much recently. Most acted pretty much the same as stage 2.

Posted Image

Half the horsepower and it wont be a bad car.

Posted Image

Wider tyres didn't work for it this year unfortunately. At least I now no not to try it :)

Posted Image

Guide popped out too much on the undulations.

Posted Image

Was great over the bumps

Posted Image

Hated the tight section, deslotted every second or third lap. Going slow didn't help either as it would deslot then too.

Posted Image

Didn't like going over the hump

Posted Image

So sad to see this car struggle so much. The destroyer of stage 1 (even if it didn't win), struggled big time on the tight section and just didn't flow well on the rest of it. Like Gazza, the big tyres would bind up a bit.

Posted Image

Still too much power but as expected, liked the open track.

Posted Image

Still hopped but once again I could drive around it. Still went rather well, very well actually. What could have been........

Posted Image

Mr Consistency. Such an easy car to drive, should be a role model for all. Got fastest lap.

Posted Image

Didn't like the hump much and lacked a little grip. Still a nice car though.

Posted Image

So good, ill give it two photos.

Posted Image

So easy, exit the corner and smash the accelerator, back off, repeat. No tip toeing around, just smashing it the whole time. Well done GAS.

Posted Image

As you can see there wasn't much in it when it comes to fastest lap. It highlights the need for a consistent car that is easy to drive.

Miveson is going to post up the overall when he gets a chance. I'm not quite set up for it yet.
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#43 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Sorry about the purple beast Ben. I had it running beautifully here, but managed to break the chassis within an hour of having to take it to the post office, so had to revert to one that I used a couple of years ago.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#44 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

This just in from Miveson. Well done people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

Congrats GAS, Stu and the Grandkids for the Round podium.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#46 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostPeter Gunn, on 12 February 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Interesting about drop arms on the Avant Alpine Curef99, Its all in the set up there is a sweet spot at about half way where they work just right and using a less powerful motor keeps the front end under control , have the same car as yours here and it nearly became my entry in the OZ but the motor was just to quick and at that time had nothing to put in it as I had already used up the more controllable motor in the RS , but since having a bit of time to breath on it have found the Slot it flat 6 to suit it very well nice and smooth all round. :)
my advise, keep the green motor in... it is fun and give enouch braking, but four things to do for sure:
1/find the sweet point for the arm (to do)
2/get the inline kit (done)
3/glue the bearings
4/get the right tire

#47 aquakiwi

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

I repowered mine with a 20k NSR Shark which seems to be a little more manageable than the green beast tho its still in A/W configuration.

#48 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

Final Enduro stage for the Raids has been run and won.

The main drama was when Rusty's truck lost control and caused some damage.

Posted Image

My car didn't fair much better

Posted Image

The pinion was moving on the shaft and the rough section of the axle ended up in the bearing so the thing barley moved. Had a couple of goes at fixing it but as I was going to pull it out after this round (I'm not a quitter but it was kind of pointless and a waste of time for the hosts) so I didn't spend too much time on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For what ever reason the Mitzu team decided a from spoiler change would help. Sorry boys the troubles are much deeper than that. Too much grip and tired gears ensured a good time was not had.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

There has got to be potential with these buggies. It just that neither Mark or myself found it........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phils Beemer was on song. Was super consistent and was able to be pushed. Was it enough to send it to the top of the time sheets?

Posted Image

Posted Image

If it would have stopped doing this it could have gone much better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The man of the moment GAS. Could he go 2 from 2?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not much room here for the ute. A very quick car but once again the longer wheelbase caused a few deslots which were costly. Great car though.

So, to the results....

Posted Image

Fastest lap tells the story here once again. Not the fastest but defiantly the most consistent.

Posted Image

Overall results later tonight.

#49 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

Sorry that the big Ford decided to eat the scenery...

Thanks for still managing to place it on the podium once again, and congrats to Phil and Gas on the top spots.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#50 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

Thanks Ben. I know that my Beemer is just so slow it won't fall off!
Looks like bad luck for another two trucks?
This is starting to look like the Dakar with several mechanical problems for the Raids.
Looks like they need building more like a truck than a rally car.

Edited by kalbfellp, 19 February 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#51 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

Just keepin it real Phil, it wouldn't be a proper raid without cars breaking. I didn't spend much time prepping mine, I thought I would itsy chuck it in and see what happens. Apparently not ideal for this event. Will do better next year.

#52 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Ben
Great round
Congrats phil & shadow
😀😀😀😀

#53 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostBen_M, on 18 February 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Overall results later tonight.

Sorry, got distracted

Posted Image

2 from 2, well done GAS. Can he do 3 from 3???? The top 3 were in a class of their own.

The Raids were very interesting to drive, certainly not easy to drive. I think with some massaging of the rules and some better knowledge these things will go well.

#54 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

Well Done Gas. If I'm not lucky, my lead in the championship will be gone.
Well done Phil... You had a great final stage, and it cost me second place.

Thanks Ben for running the round. Pity you had to retire your truck.
Thanks to the other entrants too... Without them, there would be no championship.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#55 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Happy Friday all. Some WRC video highlights for your viewing pleasure. Apologies for the crap quality in the second half. Apparently the gopro needs more light.....

#56 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

1st class coverage

Posted Image

#57 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

That was awesome to watch there Ben...

Congrats on an extremely well run round...
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

#58 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

Bloody Brilliant Ben! Congrats on the great presentation and round so far. What you been doin for the past couple weeks!?
Congrats to the grandkids on 3rd, and Gas on 1st for the WRC. Congrats to all the other podiumites so far too.
Top job Ben, hope yer' havin' fun!! ;)
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#59 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

View Postslo1quick, on 20 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Bloody Brilliant Ben! Congrats on the great presentation and round so far. What you been doin for the past couple weeks!?

Cheers. Well, I've sat my first exam in over 12 years, sold a car, had a trip to Sydney, done some contract work, had two days off looking after my son, worked full time, aaaaand go back to post #1 and that is every other minute :) Sleeping is for the weak :D

#60 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

Ben has also put in a lot if work before this event, extending the track,getting timing sorted, I just hope he has enjoyed being part of this Proxy?
Thsnk Ben for all the work. Good news is that it all get easier the more you do it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users