90 replies to this topic

#21 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

Phils X5, was not a real fan of changing direction.

Posted Image

Miveson's Buggy was just plain tippy (needs more lead)

Posted Image

Team Red's poor mans Porsche had the front pop out....... a lot....... Had to back off lots to keep it in the slot.

Posted Image

The only non Ninco, was on the edge of tipping. Too much power to be able to steer it with the throttle which is kind of important around here. Less power and it would have been on the money (maybe :))

Posted Image

Nice one, I could actually start to push the limits with this one.

Posted Image

Great car, drives really well but was just a little inconsistent. A few deslots cost the stage wins.
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#22 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Ben...

Really think that 40shore urethanes would have been better on it, but I'm still glad that it's at the pointy end and people are having fun with it.
Still think that my BMW is the faster of the 2 cars, but no one else was running the truck, and there were already 2 bmw's, so the choice was easy.

Looking forward to what the rest of the stages brings.

Also, I'm very disappointed that I couldn't make it up there to give you a hand...
Damn busted 1:1 car...

Edited by shadow_rusty, 09 February 2015 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#23 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

View Postshadow_rusty, on 09 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Thanks Ben...
Also, I'm very disappointed that I couldn't make it up there to give you a hand...
Damn busted 1:1 car...

Not to worry, the help would be great but im running most of the stages when either everyone has gone to bed or everybody is still in bed so its not exactly Sunday afternoon racing.......

Anyhoo, on to the Historics.

A very tidy bunch of cars with most not making life too hard for me.

Posted Image

The Mini. The fans love it, especially the Mini Appreciation club. I was hoping this could be the stage where it jumps off the bottom of the ladder but not to be. Who cares really, look at it! I didnt realize how small it was until I unpacked it, it wasn't all that bad. It did struggle on the fast chicane section. It didn't come off, just couldn't go very fast.

Posted Image

Great fun to drive, but unfortunately that normally means no rear grip and slow times. And thats what went wrong here.

Posted Image

I think the Stratos wass hung over from the celebrations of being named one of the coolest cars! It was nice to drive and held the slot really well but it was just missing something to get it further up the leaderboard. Not sure what though.

Posted Image

Great car to drive, could really push it hard and get a good drift on and stay fast. Punched above its weight on this stage,

Posted Image

When I said wind back the turbo boost for this stage I didn't mean take it off! Lacked power and brakes and was a bit tippy. Also broke the timing system with ghost passes so had to re-run after the others.

Posted Image

Boss's Renault, or 'The Brick' as im calling it. It hopped on every single corner, had good pick up on the straights. If it could stay flat in the corners it would be much higher up.

Posted Image

Winner of the 037 battle, had some chatter in the corners, usually stayed in the slot but wanted to tip now and then.

Posted Image

Very noisy and lacked rear grip. Was nice to drive as were all of the others which lacked rear grip.

Posted Image

Tried to find a pun for JJJ and Rock and Roll cause the car liked to roll but it's not happening for me. :huh: Embs cars were consistent on stage 1, they both liked to tip. Stage 2 and 3 are a whole new ball game.

Posted Image

Charles Scaley RS was ok at everything, nothing really wrong just not the best car out there.

Posted Image

Meh. Could get into it. Try harder next time......

Posted Image

Very nice, just the right amount of everything. Good one Alexis.

Posted Image

A lot of tyre chatter. Its hard not to here as there are so many corners. Get the thing to sit flat and you are in for a good run.

Posted Image

GAS41T lacked a bit of Gas (power) but it was nice to drive. As were pretty much all of the MSC's.

Posted Image

I want to have this cars child!!! Seriously good car, the boy certainly can tune a car for this stage. Avants ruled this track.

To be honest though, when I picked this car up for its heat and saw the large rear tyres, I thought to myself this is not going to be fun. But it somehow allowed itself to drift while putting down heaps of grip. It did actually run a sub 9 second lap in practice as well.

Posted Image

Lacked power but seriously consistent which is very hard to be on this track. Puts you right up the order.

Posted Image

The final car, like most of the top runners an MSC. This one was fast but a little bouncy in the rear which tended to make it tip. Still fast though.

So to the results of stage 1 (still a long way to go)

Posted Image

Well done to all.

Stage 1 has been put away and stage 2 put back into its place. Will see how things go over the next few days to see what stages I get done.

#24 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

That's awesome
Great hosting 👍👍

#25 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Ben thank you for a very big weekend. Hope you enjoyed running the cars after a few years of entering and watching from the sidelines.

#26 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

That's awesome coverage.And how close the results 2-5 aprox 2" !!!!!!!!!!!
Great hosting.I think this is my 1st podium ever in historics

Edited by alexis in greece, 09 February 2015 - 10:51 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Fantastic work so far. Nice close results for Stage 1. Keep it up.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#28 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

Good job Ben,

Looks like you are having fun.
Alan Stubbings

#29 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

yes yes yes....you got a 39y old boy excited with the report.... i was reading car after car and could not find mine. THANKS a lot for run the stage. Again a pro report that everybody enjoy to read. And tanks for the compliment. For information, the rear weight + the tyre was a very good mix on our race track at FPR but it lack the finess of some other cars in tight unbalanced corner. this stage beeing flat, it was all good for the alpine. My first stage victory in a proxy ever for my birthday, great!

#30 aquakiwi

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for running the round Ben.

#31 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Nice work Ben looking like another great round on the OZ rally has really kicked of , bet you are having fun with this!!!!!, envy you the chance to run a great bunch of car's, congrats to curef99 on your first stage win picked your car as a real good one at the start, and Alexis for his first top 3 finish, and to all who take part pretty close in places, on the Mini love it investing in a SCX one and a Scaley and all down to you Miverson. :)

#32 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

So remember stage 1 and how your car went? Well forget about it because its a whole new ball game, plus we are only 90secs into an 8 minute event!

A bit of a shortened report for stage 2 as I dont have the time for it. Most of the cars handled the track fine, but those that didn't were in for a bad evening of racing. Being such a short track there were plenty of laps, 25 in fact, so if you had a problem with one corner on the track, you had 25 problems over the stage.

One that happened a few times which I had not had happen to me, was cars popping out of the slot on acceleration onto the straight. This track has a few changes in elevation. While not being of great height there are many subtle changes that catch out some of the cars. I had to be very gentle on the throttle in order to keep it stable.

Posted Image

And the results look like this.

Posted Image

I can't believe Gas's car is so far down the overall order, it is one of the best cars here. So nice to drive.

Podium, GAS, Slow1 and knealer

Posted Image

I was a bit sneaky but dropping my old ozrally car in the background. I ran a few of my cars straight after the stage and it would have been second had it been in the running. B)

Raid results from this morning up soon.

#33 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Poor mans Porsche ! I'll give you poor mans Porsche you young whipper snapper :o ;) :lol: . Byt he way Ben what is the black surface. Looks as though the old tin of Kiwi boot polish came out. It had a look of a highly polished floor. Congrats to the podiumites . Still think the volksy can kick some butt to the ute and the north shore beemer. :P :D
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#34 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

Congratulations to the winners,great coverage and feedback thank you

Edited by alexis in greece, 11 February 2015 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

View Postteamredracing, on 11 February 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Byt he way Ben what is the black surface. Looks as though the old tin of Kiwi boot polish came out. It had a look of a highly polished floor.
Black paving paint which I found in the shed of the last place that we moved into. It was pretty thick.

Raid Stage 2

It was a different kind of difficult for the Raids on stage two. Tight grippy corners brought many undone, you can see why from this pic

Posted Image

Not exactly open, and with the grippy surface some cars were rather difficult to get around. Shadows Long wheel base car had its own issue.

Posted Image

Lucky for him, it was set up well enough to overcome it.

View Postteamredracing, on 11 February 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Still think the volksy can kick some butt to the ute and the north shore beemer. :P :D

Sorry Red :P , the results.

Posted Image

Some comments on the cars-
Phil- Solid, didnt have to work too hard with it
Miveson- Tippy and would get caught on the tight corners
Red- Nice but that guide is still popping out when it shouldn't be
AMCC- Terrible, too much power to control, too much grip so it got caught on the tight corners every lap. Had to hover marshal and give it a tap at least once every lap, some times 2 or 3 times.
GAS- Can't complain
SR- Longer wheel base caused a few deslots but still well set up

Posted Image

#36 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Thanks again Ben...

Love the shot of the big Ford trying to 'cut' the corner...
That's the other reason that my BMW is quicker than the Ford.
Also, the 4wd on the BMW gives it a little more 'bite' in the tight corners at the front end.

Still, more than happy with the Ford, and I'm very glad to see it 'sticking it to the big boys'...

Looks like the Ford has it's work cut out for it for the final stage to either maintain the podium, and even more for it to move up a spot or 2.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#37 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:00 AM

View Postshadow_rusty, on 11 February 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

Also, the 4wd on the BMW gives it a little more 'bite' in the tight corners at the front end.

I like the truck, have always wanted one.

Not always a good thing though. A 4x4 slot car essentially has all four wheels rotating at the same speed and when you go through a corner each well takes a different path so needs to rotate at a different speed which can happen. Its ok when you have some speed or a slippery surface, but when you have slow corners with a bit of grip all of the wheels work against each other and start to bind up. The car will then start to hop around, bounce and usually deslot. It one of those things you need to decide when building, if you want to risk having that happen or not to get the extra grip in other corners. Its never easy.......

#38 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Thanks Ben
Go the BMW it was a blast to set up
I just keep putting weight in it an it
Loved it 😃
It also helps to have a rally track
Posted Image
Ps Ben : I copied your old track with my own twist

#39 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

next year you will have a moving arm or a spring ninco guide, i will not do it again otherwise:). I fear that the alpine will try to take off on this straight B)

#40 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

There is a cheap used Pro truck on EBay at present. Looks like it is missing the tray cover, but may suit a build for future years!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users