Ben_M

Round Seven- Wagburn Rally Sprint

👍👍

Congrats to podium getters &

All entrants

And a big thanks for Ben

👌✌️👇👐👈🙌

That's sign language for you f#%* beauty

Miveson has sent through the series points as well.

2015_OP_R7_R.jpg

Will my string of podiums be broken?

Will the wheels fall off of the big Ford?

Will GAS41T take top honours?

These questions and more to be answered over the next few rounds...

lol.

ps.

Great Job Ben. Really raised the bar for Race Reports...

Congrats to the podiumites, and to the whole field.

Thanks for a great round Ben.

The three tracks certainly provided some variable conditions and a real test.

See the usual type of comments for my Ford RS200 - peaky motor. Test was of course to use only Scaly parts but as Shadow_Rusty has used Fly motor this year perhaps next year power plant will be changed.

Good to see car has otherwise performed quite well.

Best of luck to all for last round.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Before singing off I thought I’d add some final comments.

Firstly, massive thanks to the big chief Phil. He had a massive part to play helping me set up for the round, especially with the track timing. He even went to the effort of posting me one of his spare Arduino units to use (can’t be too many people with one of those just lying around!) after my webcam idea turned out to be a failure. The round probably would have been cancelled if I didn’t get the timing up and running. Also thanks to Shadow who helped out with an issue that I was having.

Also big thanks to all previous host who have done great jobs for which I was able to plan my own round from.

Thanks to all who entered cars. There was not a single car that was a pain to drive (except for a few Raids but they were never going to be easy). Big shout out to the first time entrants, I know my first effort was absolutely terrible, much worse than anything I had to drive over the past two weeks.

There was some bad news though…… I found out there is no single perfect way to set up a car. Out of all the cars at the pointy end there were light cars and heavy cars, powerful and not so powerful cars, cars that loved a big drift others that ran like they were on rails and everything in between. The only thing they had in common was smooth and consistent while putting down the grip. GAS’s WRC entry was a great example of getting everything right as it sat flat on the track in the corners and you could hit the throttle hard on exit and it would drive off without hopping or swinging about. The fact that his car is so far down the order is an example of how diverse the tracks in the series are, if all the tracks were like mine then he would have almost wrapped up the series by now, instead he is in the middle of the pack.

Gazza picked up the last of the cars on Monday and he will pass them onto Mel when he gets off another boat and he will run the final NSW round at Dead mans cave (or what ever it is called?). I believe they will then head back to Tassie for the final round(s?).

Finally, a few numbers from the round.

1 new track section built

3 stages

4 rally tents built (just to add a bit of colour)

8 cars that required work (one of them twice)

36 cars

40(ish) bits of copper tape to make repairs to the track (I need new tape as the stuff I have is way too brittle)

2520 total laps

18527.73 secs or 308.8mins or 5.14hrs of racing (add another 1hr or so of testing, warm ups and video laps)

Till next time (if there is a next time)

16020869724_546d8bf76b_b.jpg

Edited by Ben_M

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks Ben - as everyone else has said you did a fantastic job with the Round 7 and everyone including me appreciate the massive effort that you put in. Obviously we are all very busy but to find the time to run these cars is no easy feat and I take my hat off to you for not only running the round but taking the time to photograph, video and provide detailed reports on each stage. You have done an amazing job.

If Round 8 doesn't have a picture of the cars sitting on the deck of a cruise ship with a foot selfie then I'll be disappointed........ all I need now is someone to drop a Scalextric FF-050 motor in the mini and I might have a chance of getting the wooden spoon out of my rib cage.

Roll on Round 8..........

Congrats to the podiumites and well done Ben. Youv'e done well for someone who did it on his own by the pics and reports. No doubt there will be another stage down there in Big Merino country. Well done .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks for running Ben and congrats to all competitors, things are starting to heat up at the faaaaaaaaaaaaaar end.

Great reporting ben, glad you enjoyed my Opel. I find it a very forgiving car to drive which allow you to push it and make pretty good times on all surfaces. In the slot rally UK it's been outclassed by the Teamslot alpine (the avant version is a tad overpowered) and scaleauto de tomaso pantera. The MsCs run in a 80s class so we don't have to compete with them, although the osc Peug and fly porsche are the ones to beat in that class.

Lesson learnt for me - go with the excellent mjk tyres for these rally proxies!

Matt

Lesson learnt for me - go with the excellent mjk tyres for these rally proxies!

Matt

I think they end up being the best all round tyre for all the different track surfaces you encounter during any proxy event

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

can you feel the pressure guys, one round to go... will the mini get the wooden spoon :P , will peter msc get lost in NSW and won't be able to compete B)

ok ok , i was wrong... 3 more round. With the current flow of points, i will few more places in WRC :ph34r: and may be climb one more ont he podium, who knows...

The Raid video is up!

Phil, apologies to the kids, I thought I had already done the Avant Slot but I couldn't find the footage. Same as mine.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Very Cool...

Love it.