Bathurst 12 Hour

Ember

So, who else has an early start planned for Sunday morning seeing as 7 Network are finally broadcasting the 12 Hour LIVE rather than their typical highlights package 6 weeks after the event?

Broadcast starts on 7mate (still think that should be PrimeMate) at 5:30am.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Think of us poor old QLD'ers, that's 4:30am our time.

Still dawn though.

Enjoy Yng. Perhaps you can hold up an Auslot sign so we can keep an eye out for you.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yngwie - Yes unfortunately the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 has been withdrawn from the event after an incident with one of the Craft Bamboo Racing Aston's.

Marinello%20Ferrari_zpsumjfxj10.jpg

However.... the Maranello Motorsport team are currently negotiating to run a replacement Ferrari so you may get to see them run yet Yngwie .

The AF Corse Team had entered 2 Ferrari's , one of which was withdrawn at the last minute so I believe they are trying to negotiate a deal on the use of that car .

Not sure what the legalities are of this occurring as I would have thought you could only run the vehicle you entered .

Will certainly be watching the channel 7 broadcast from start - finish , if I get sick of the adverts then I'll switch to the live streaming through the Bathurst 12hour link on facebook .

Enjoy the race guy's!

Kev

Edited by willowone

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

You going Sunday too John, I'm going up but not to see the start?

Hi Vince. Heading up Saturday afternoon so I can be there for the early start. Drop by the top on Sunday.

Yngwie - Yes unfortunately the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 has been withdrawn from the event after an incident with one of the Craft Bamboo Racing Aston's.

Marinello%20Ferrari_zpsumjfxj10.jpg

However.... the Maranello Motorsport team are currently negotiating to run a replacement Ferrari so you may get to see them run yet Yngwie .

The AF Corse Team had entered 2 Ferrari's , one of which was withdrawn at the last minute so I believe they are trying to negotiate a deal on the use of that car .

Not sure what the legalities are of this occurring as I would have thought you could only run the vehicle you entered .

Will certainly be watching the channel 7 broadcast from start - finish , if I get sick of the adverts then I'll switch to the live streaming through the Bathurst 12hour link on facebook .

Enjoy the race guy's!

Kev

Wow Kev, that 458 is a mess! I hear Tony D'alberto was at the wheel at the time. Not a great way to start a new gig!

Wow Kev, that 458 is a mess! I hear Tony D'alberto was at the wheel at the time. Not a great way to start a new gig!

Not good for Tony at all , not good for the team neither having just signed a 3 year contract with Macca's . According to Speedcafe the bid to secure the replacement car failed.

Those interested in viewing the 12 hour live streaming today can do so at www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-au or www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-int it's streaming now!

Edited by willowone

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

went up for practice yes'dy awesome cars and the sounds indescribable what a pity the heave-8 mob went out of their way to prevent some other drivers from competing. sort of turns you of the taxi's.

Totally agree talking to our members at TBirds and race goers here the V8 administration has stuffed up big time

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Oh man. What a race! A bit pi$$ed to have missed the images of what happened to the Bentley in the last corner. And it sucks not getting to see the presentations. But an amazing race to watch from beginning to end.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Agreed, Well done the AM boys, and those other two :D .

In the end I was barracking for the Bentley for putting up a good show over the dreaded hun (AUDI).

I am guessing, without seeing footage, they pulled a nasty on the last corner and the cavalry (AM) couldn't quite capitalise.

Well done to the safety car too, they managed to get a few laps in as well.

And one more big ups to the recovery crews, for throughout the race but especially for removing the Porsche from the sand in time at the end so we could at least see a sprint finish.

AND WHAT A SURPRISE.

Hope it is now shown every year.

• Upvote 1

Thought the safety car was going to win for a while there with less than half an hour to go.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Fantastic finish to the race. Great spectacle. They need to capitalise on the growing success of this event (6000 more than last year!) and have more merchandising. Had a lot of people looking to buy things but apparently were mostly sold out by Saturday! Bring on 2016!

No worries Vince. The day goes really quick !