Ninco Noise.

dazza

G'day Dazza,

No you can't fit Slot.it gearing onto Ninco axles, different size. Have you tried the lighter trick?

On in-line cars I have used a lighter, more like one of those long gas stove lighters to apply a little heat to the gears while the car is running, body removed of course, don't apply to much heat as you will melt the gears. You can hear the difference in the gear mesh quite easily but like I said just take a little care not to apply to much heat.

cheers

Matt

I think one of the reasons Ninco1 cars are so noisy is that they are empty. Flat chassis and no interior there is nothing in there to break up the sound reflections. They are just a big, plastic echo chamber.

You may be able to quiet them a little with some tuning, but they will always be echoey. You could try fitting something light and soft, like a small piece of sponge, inside it as a noise damper and see if that helps any.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The impact resistant Scalex cars are similarly noisy in comparison to their fully detailed offerings.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction