GAS41T

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wobble

I already set my can-am car up on my old track it's sitting waiting to race

32coupe Andrew "built the track"

Hey I moved into my house 10days ago I've been cleaning , building an fixing the house to keep the wife happy 😀 so then I could start on the track 😝😝😝

Kalbfellp- phil

You are spot on, suede brushed on then cabots clear rolled on 1 coat an braid from Melb with 3m tape

Edited by GAS41T

Looking at these pics and after talking to Espsix over the weekend I thought it might be interesting to compare the Suede Effect rollered compared to brushing it on.

I brushed the Rally track, but wanted a different finish on the Hillclimb track so used small roller.

suederollered_zps20079f08.jpg

Rollering gives a very similar texture but the surface looks much different.

Just an interesting comparison.

Edited by kalbfellp

Pondering why you put a coat of clear coat over the suede..wouldn't this change the texture of the suede - make it more like a gloss surface?

I haven't clear coated mine and find grip fine for all tyres except silicones - it does get dusty (I don't know if that is the suede paint or dust in the air -it needs a wipe down with a damp cloth every now and then to maximise the grip levels

wonder if clear coat would give a better result :rolleyes:

Edited by dangermouse

DM, my suede has a very thin coat of clear over it in most places and quite tick over the "concrete" flyover. It does allow it to pick up tyre marks.

1395120070776_zpslmmpi9hr.jpg

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey Danger . Happy New year to you all. My road circuit is suede with 1 thin coat of Cabots . The texture is still there and I must admit , it is easier to clean. Have no probs with all tyres , never run silicones and dont want to temp fate. I brushed mine on only brushing one way . You could try one setion and see what it does . Mine also has tyre marks through it .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

hmm - might be off to see who has a litre of cabots clear going cheap....

Just make sure it's water base

1lt will do 2 tracks

I'm just finishing Off my tin

Get exterior for the hard wearing😀😀😀

UPDATE

I've used 100mtrs of braid

I got 1 lane to braid on the 3rd sector

So I'm ordering another 35mtrs

Edited by GAS41T

I actually used an untainted base rather than a clear because I wanted a flat finish.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction