Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Vote for me John, the Caddo Parma party! Platform:

1) No mickey mouse 1 or 2 lane tracks

2) Qualifying at all race meets

3) Only 2 tyre compounds allowed per season

4) No plastic gear/rim crap classes

Happy to pass on the clerk duties, I thought this was an esoteric relic of a bygone era haha :D

Vote for me John, the Caddo Parma party! Platform:

1) No mickey mouse 1 or 2 lane tracks

2) Qualifying at all race meets

3) Only 2 tyre compounds allowed per season

4) No plastic gear/rim crap classes

Happy to pass on the clerk duties, I thought this was an esoteric relic of a bygone era haha :D

So you want to put Mels track out of it and your saying no Rally(1 lane track) either , You dont have to turn up to rallies , easy , but lets not knock it for those who do . Qualifying , go to Loftus and see how it works and prey you make it as you may just marshall alll night.

Out of all the tyre compounds there is , tell one that will work at every track cause if it doesnt work at mine ,tuff.

What do you classify as a crap class Caddo. The ones you dont like .

Heres a idea . Someone only said to me yesterday that it was all a bit of fun for what we do . Thats how I take it . There must be a sheep station club out there with your name on it .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Here we go again, r we going to do this every end of season for the start of the new. We need to agree and if the forums going to go like this we should be having this discussion at a race meet where everyone can put something out there and agree or disagree rather then hide behind the computer screen where last time it got out of control. We have the regulars that should be able to put there heads together and agree on something, the guys that don't come all the time they need to be going along with the decision. These r my thoughts would hate to see a further division between the group but there already is, guys this is fun and a get away for most of us every fortnight let's remember that.

• Upvote 1

Couldnt agree with you more Matt , problem is we dont get full attendances and that is the problem . As those who dont turn up are the ones who usually dont like whats been picked. As you said if we come to some sort of agreeance to whats to be run then those who werent there will have to go with the flow.

Maybe the easiest way to do this when there isnt a full house of members is at the end of each year , we put up all the classes to cover the year in a hat and pull 3 classes out for each quarter , so that we dont have to worry about voting at the last round of each season.Whole year worked out . And we can run a rally at the appropriate time of each of those seasons. IMO.

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I have had commitments over the summer so havent been as regular as I would have liked to. Consequently, I dont feel I have the right to a vote which is fine. I dont think the classes matter too much as most people know what hasnt run already and probably have a car to suit each class in any case. The only time we run into trouble if the rules change drastically which can affect members who might not have been around for a while looking to come back in.

Cheers

John

Having a beer and pizza afternoon / night at my place on the 3rd January to work out .... classes, tracks and dates

No racing just talking shite and having a laugh (there's half the group gone) bring your new chrissy present if you want to show it off, if not bring an example of what class you want to run so that there isn't any confusion.

PM me or reply here if your tuning up

peace, love and hash browns

Gary

Just a note to let you know how another club sorts out their season.

In our club south of Adelaide we have the 4 track owners who collectively make the final decision on what and how the racing is run, following suggestions, input etc by the racing members. Most of our correspondence is done via email, not the forum. We race every Monday night for 45 weeks of the year. We try and keep the politics to a minimum by sticking by our decisions. 12-16 racers every night.

Normal people worry me

Just to expand a little [like my waistline!!]:

The aim of qualifying is to group racers in order of pace, just like the 1:1 race qualifying in most multi-car race classes globally. Makes for better action for racers & spectators alike. It doesn't stop anyone from racing.

I can't understand the problem some have with it. If I'm running a slow car, as I often do, I'd rather race alongside a similar speed racer, to race neck & neck with them. Rather than have Joe next to me & overtaking me every 3 laps as is currently the case.

Might sound like a sheep station, but a bloody logical one that slaughters & cooks the sheep before eating!!!

Personally, I'd be more inclined to turn up if this was the case. Similarly, if class rules were voted for on this forum & the majority vote actioned , not ignored as has happened previously.

I'll be away Jan 3, and don't want to waste an afternoon at Gary's anyhow. Explanations for my views below:

1) No mickey mouse 1 or 2 lane tracks - Plenty of 3 & 4 lane tracks available. Rally events unfairly prejudice the points system towards those that participate. Hold Rally events seperately for those interested.

2) Qualifying at all race meets - doesn't exclude anyone, makes for better racing & more interested spectating/marshalling.

3) Only 2 tyre compounds allowed per season - reduces cost & practise time required pre-race. Compounds to be easily identified.

4) No plastic gear/rim crap classes - with the improvements in slot car manufacturing, any class that specifies or is designed to run ONLY plastic gears and/or rims, is out of date IMO ie Ninco 1's, Porsche Cup

That's it from sheep station Caddo

Cheers

OK, due to personal reasons known to most, I haven't been able to get to most meets. The only things I require is for the meet to be a fun, friendly event with NO sheep stations around. Rules should be such that you don't have to tune the crap out of a car and tyres should be one brand across ALL classes so there is no confusion about what is allowed and what is illegal. Simplicity is always good and saves a lot of trouble. My 2 bits but since I'm not racing much, probably should not be given too much weight.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Morning all. I have compiled the rules and classes which we have been using for a while now and ones we modified and put them in a simple list everyone can look at and critique. I dont want this to be a slanging match about rules and classes but rather than turning up to Garys next Saturday and have nothing to talk about, we can look at the rules prior to discussing them in a calm and rational way.

I have added my 10 cents worth in orange below the rules. This is in no way what should happen but rather my own opinion. This file once opened will allow you to add your own comments below mine in orange and will be anonymous. Please feel free to write down your comments so the meeting next Saturday can have some sort of agenda to be guided by.

Please do no look at this as myself trying to hijack the group but rather instigating the change process. I would rather turn up to Garys on Saturday night and have pizza and beer than discuss rules all night. So, please commence!

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Thanks John

I would rather turn up to Garys on Saturday night and have pizza and beer than discuss rules all night. So, please commence!

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

That's the whole idea, thanks for the rule link, just spent half the morning finding it on the forum and just printed it out for the same reason

Gary

Sounds like voting at Gazza's might be the best bet. I remember a few years ago the rules were pretty much written up already and we used to have a vote on the final set up at the last race meeting. I do miss catching up with you all, well the ones I know now anyway but it seems the bike racing and family stuff has taken over.

Good work John . Now will have to get a loan to by the ink to print it out :lol: so I can bring it with me.

After copying and pasting the rules in one document it became self evident that we 1) have way too many classes and 2) the rules need simplifying. Regardless, I will print out the rules and bring them with me so save your ink!

Having a beer and pizza afternoon / night at my place on the 3rd January to work out .... classes, tracks and dates

No racing just talking shite and having a laugh (there's half the group gone) bring your new chrissy present if you want to show it off, if not bring an example of what class you want to run so that there isn't any confusion.

PM me or reply here if your tuning up

peace, love and hash browns