Scale Auto Amendments Discussion To Rules For 2015.

Hi guys,

It is time for all of us to consider our rules for this class. This is the only time every year that we can make changes (if any) to our regulations for this class. In addition we can also add any new cars and or replacement parts that may have come along since our last discussion.

From talking to guys around the country it would seem that most are happy with things as they are, but we had agreed to go about the management of our regulations in this open fashion and therefore it is now up to everyone to help shape our national racing in 2015. There is however, three items which need some consideration:

1. The first element that need some tightening up are some small blue printing modifications that seem to have worked their way into our cars and which have basically become excepted norms over the past 4 years of racing these cars. It is my suggestion that we document the following blue printing modifications and accept that - IF IT IS NOT SPECIFIED IN THE RULES, THEN IT IS NOT ALLOWED:

- All chassis parts may be flattened and sanded for best fitment of parts, without lightning or deliberately changing the shape of such part (exceptions to follow).

- The guide tongue shoulders may be cut to a 45 degree angle from the standard 90 degrees to better suit certain guides types other than the Scale Auto guides.

- The motor mount made have the slot in it changed to help with gear mesh and motor line up.

- The motor mounting bolt may also be replaced with a countersunk bolt fitted from the bottom of the main chassis plate. This will require the hole to be drilled out and countersunk to make sure the bolt head does not affect the ride height measurement.

- The forward face on the rear axle carriers may be shaped to allow the motor to be move closer to the rear axle. This is intended to get a more sidewinder fit especially when using the 10T pinion together with the NSR 25 Evo.

2. The next is to allow the placement of additional body weight in any position the builder prefer. (Rather than the specific position as specified up to now). This allowance will help with the weight distribution on some bodies which may currently be less competitive than others.

3. Thirdly, the minimum STARTING diameter of the FRONT wheels will be 26.5mm. This will allow for front wheel tyre wear during races, BUT will not change the allowed ground clearance regulations during and after the race.

Your comments and wishes/endorsements are invited now before we tie up everything for 2015. Please remember that this discussion will close on the 31st of December 2014 and the agreed 2015 regulations will be published thereafter.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Please give me a few days to update our 2015 set of regulations. Basically, not much will change, only a few specifics as discussed and the main understanding going forward - IF IT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN THE RULES, IT IS NOT ALLOWED.

Thanks for participating in fine tuning this great class.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'