4orceracing

Anyone Interested In Some Organised Slot Car Racing Gold Coast?

I think i want to be a "Bonogian"

I was one of the lucky one's that got to "rubber up" Marks new the track on opening night... Great track, super smooth and fast as the traction came up. Garry's built another beautiful track that will be ideal for setting up cars to race on a National level.

Big thanks Mark for you and your family giving us lucky South Queenslanders another place to race, I'm looking forward to some great events.

P.S. Perhaps the track should be called Hidden Valley Raceway.. You need a navigator to find the place, Stew is probably still driving around out there in the bush trying to find the track or his way back home.

Edited by axman

Thanks Guys...

As mentioned right back in the early part of this thread. I am hoping to provide a fun place to run all sorts of scale cars both 1:32 and 1:24. The track passed it's opening night with flying colours and all that raced on it commented on the smooth and flowing nature of the design. Garry truly has put together a fantastic layout.

If I get enough interest I will organise a weekly/fortnightly race night for each 1:32 & 1:24 (just no urethane tyres please they erase the grip for other classes).

The track is not that hard to find, especially if you have a GPS. There just isn't much land in suburbia that will fit a 4 car garage and a 12m x 9m shed. Plus we wanted to find somewhere to live that was quiet.

I'll be aiming to run some adverts on the southern end of the Gold Coast for those interested.

It's a great track which would be a shame to not be shared.

Today we ran the first of our Sunday afternoon race days. These will happen from time to time and start off with test & tune from 10:30am, BYO BBQ lunch then start racing about 2:00pm. Today was very well received having 11 guys to take up the offer at very short notice. Classes run today were Slotworx V8 Supercars and Scaleauto GT.

The next of these days is being planned for July 19. Please let me know if you would like to either come for a look or have a run...

Not sure the brand, Garry J would have to confirm that, but it was an oil based paving paint bought from Bunnings I believe. It is a gloss paint and has no form of grit in it at all. Once gooped, I have not needed to reapply for the month it's been operational. I've been away for a couple of weeks and, without cleaning, the grip hadn't dropped when we ran our "Sunday Session" this past Sunday.

Hope that helps...

great track. looks like fun times for many racers, and tinkerers ahead. enjoy guys.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Hi All,

after a very successful Slotworx Aussie V8 enduro I've decided to start a Facebook page for BVR. It really is a work in progress at this stage but feel free to drop in and see what's happening...

https://www.facebook...inValleyRaceway

Thanks

Mark

BVR will be running a Sunday Session on September 20th 2015. Test and Tune at 10:30am, Lunch at 12:00pm, racing at 1:00pm.

Classes are:

Slotworks Aussie V8's

Scaleauto GT

1hr LMP (2-3 person teams)

Cost $10pp includes lunch.

If you would like to come and have a run let me know...

Updates will be through the Facebook page... https://www.facebook...inValleyRaceway

Edited by 4orceracing

I would like to start running a regular 1:32 race night.

At this stage i ave had very little response from 1:32 guys & gals and, as much as I have a great imagination, it's a bit boring racing myself.

Classes I would like to look at are Slot.it, NSR and a new lexan class running a Plafit 3300 chassis, an Aussie V8 body and a controlled 20k motor. It's a very inexpensive class to get into (approx the same as an NSR) and due to it being lexan the cars are very durable.

I am open to suggestions so don't be shy,..

Hi All,

recently I have been getting requests to start "juniors" sessions at BVR. To make this successful I will need 6-8 drivers so they get to learn both the driving and marshaling skills. One of the requests came from a father for both he and his son to race. That's great to see as my dad spent so much time with us as kids.

Would there be any others interested in something like this?

I am looking at setting up 4 Parma controllers and run something like V8's, or similar, at a reduced voltage. The voltage would be such they still need to brake and drive the cars but an off hopefully would not cause too much damage.

Anyone interested please let me know and I'll get something organised as soon as I have the numbers.

Thanks...

Wow, that is one helluva track. I am interested in coming down for a meeting or two, just over an hour from me. I'll keep an eye on your calendar.

Thanks

Dan

After having a great day with the Q32 guys yesterday I've had a renewed interest in getting together some form of a regular meet for the lovers of the "out of the box" 1:32 scale cars. Classes we ran were Group 5 (example below), Modern LMP and Slot-it Group C, no additional magnets and no modified motors. In the coming weeks I'll be hoping to speak with current competitors in the area to see what is being run to tie in with existing classes. At this stage I'll be aiming to start something up after Christmas.

Contact me if this is something that may be of interest to you....

sw18-racer-slot-cars-lancia-2.jpg

Agreed Mark. A really nice day with a good bunch of racers.

Is there a set of rules around that we can check on?

Nice to see you getting into the 32 scale plastic cars Mark.

There is an excellent set of established rules for lots of these classes in the Model Car Nationals threads.

Seeing as though Queensland is hosting the MCN next year that may be the way to go.

my 2C

- Cam

Hoo Roo

We had an enjoyable day yesterday - Mark is a great host and the track is really good to drive on.

I would encourage anyone local to the Coast to contact Mark.

BaVa -

There are some guidelines on the Slot Car Outhouse Forum - Generally we race stock cars from NInco, Scalextric, SCX and Carrera across different series - e.g. DTM, GT, Classic Sports Cars, Classic GP, Classic LeMans, Modern LeMans, TransAM and GrandAM, Japanese GTC, CanAm, Rally Cars, Group 5 and Group C.

There are 3 Motor Specs - A Class <14k motor, B Class 18k motor (Scalextric and SCX) Open Class 20K+ motors

If we were racing rally cars we could race classic Ninco rally with NC1 (Class A) or Scalextric and SCX (Class B) and Open class which allows for any motor and brings in the MSC / Scaleauto and Team Slot cars.

We usually race with Class A and B cars - with the occasional Open Class (Slot.it Group C or Racer/Scaleauto - Group 5)

We allow a tyre change - with MJK/urethane the usual tyre of choice. We don't mind if people replace the wheels with metal wheels but most other mods aren't encouraged - e.g. no extra magnets, ball bearing bushes motor upgrades. etc

We race on a range of board and plastic tracks and have magnet and non magnet classes.

Edited by dangermouse

NOTE: This has also been posted int the BVR Club Racing thread.

As mentioned previously in the main Discussion thread, I have been keen to start running 1:32 at BVR. Monday January 11 2016 is the date this is to start to happen and fortnightly from then on.

The initial classes are Group 5, Slot-it Group C and Modern LMP / Proto but other classes will be added in time for "out of the box" racing. The proposed rules are as per the 2015 MCN thread for the plastic classes. The aim is to move towards magless racing but, of course, if you have a magnet fitted don't let that stop you from coming along and enjoying the fun. It maybe worth running the cars combined with a winner in both magnet and magless classes. New drivers are welcome & encouraged to run magnets!!!

The reasons for heading towards magless in these classes are: firstly it gives a chance for the drivers to get cars sorted for the 2016 MCN at Red Racer, Redcliffe. Secondly, the challenge and the reward for developing and driving a car to perform without the aid of a magnet and lastly, by running magless the damage to the cars is most definitely less. When a car passes the point of the traction from the magnet the accidents are quite violent as there is no warning. When running magless the cars are able to slide and give more feedback to the driver.

My other issue is the guys who want to just start adding magnets... I don't want to invest in a magnet marshal and I can't see the skill in driving cars with so much down force from magnets the driver is removed. I've had more damage done to my cars by guys who run these multi magnet cars and that's not fun to be on the receiving end. It also damages the magna braid which is very expensive to repair. Sorry about the ramble, but I'm passionate about my cars (and the cars of those who race here), racing and track!!!

These rules are only for BVR race nights are not reflective of when Q32 run their events or other special events like our recent 1:32 Group 5 / 1:24 Aussie V8 Challenge.

I hope other enthusiasts are keen to enjoy the challenge.

Cost $10

Track Open at 6:00pm

Racing Starts at 7:00pm

Finish no later than 10:00pm

I'm also going to run test and tunes Sunday afternoons from 1:30pm from now till Jan 11 to allow drivers a chance to get cars developed for the first night...

Hi All,

this week at BVR will see us race pretty much what ever we have enough of. The main cars will be Aussie V8's, Scaleauto GT's, LMP's. This would be a great time for those interested is seeing how we run at BVR to come and have a look, both 1:24 and 1:32. Just get in touch and I'll tell you the directions of how to get here...

Speaking of 1:32's. We had a great little test and tune today mainly running the Group 5's. With development still in the early stages, for those of us who are not familiar running these cars, the times are close to the times magless, to those we ran with magnets a couple of weeks ago. It's looking like great a fun competition with a heap of potential for both the guys wanting to run magnets and those who prefer the challenge of running without them...

Hope to see as many as possible this close to Christmas.

Thanks.................... Stocky

Hi Mark,

What day are you planning to run?

We're flying up tomorrow to spend Christmas with the Grandkids. We'll be heading home around the 6th.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

This Wednesday night the 23rd will be our last official run for 2015 but I will be running test & tunes each Sunday from 1:30. Bring your 1:32s and maybe we can get some takers on a Sunday arvo from the Q32 guys.

Do you think you can make this coming Wednesday?

Thanks

Mark