Anyone Interested In Some Organised Slot Car Racing Gold Coast?

4orceracing

I was kidding Cam. It's a very long curve and only there to avoid a post in Mark's shed. I imagine even a womp with square wheels could negotiate it without a problem.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Flooring has now gone down in the shed ready for the track. As time and finances permit the walls will be clad and painted to increase the overall light. Probably won't be done prior to the track being installed though. Overall shed size is 12m x 9m...

IMG_1208.jpg

You can see the post we had to work around resulting in a slight curve under the bridge. It is doubtful that it will be an issue for driving visibility...

IMG_1210.jpg

Nice lino, would look good on my shed floor, how much and where from if you don't mind.

Yesterday Garry & I managed to complete the primary barriers and have all but finished the "dress" barriers. At this stage the on site installation date is March 28th pending no disasters or delays.

Anyone interested in coming and taking a look can contact me by PM as I won't be listing the address on the public forum.

The house is in Bonogin 15 minutes from the M1 either Mudgeeraba or Reedy Creek (through the Observatory)...

I am in the process of, with the help of EE.au, getting together 4 of Camber's 1:24 V8 Supercars to run as track cars. The inaugural official event at the track will be a teams event using these cars. It will be a great way to learn the layout. Perhaps when Cam is ready he can include a link to his website to show the cars off. I've driven the cars on both the EE.au track as well as Hornsby and they are a pleasure to drive and they are quick!

The date of this event will be determined by interest and the upcoming QLD Scaleauto & OAPR LMP Champs at Red Racer the first weekend in May. but will be either mid April or Mid May. The track will be available prior to that though...

• 1 month later...

For those of you wondering what's going on with the Bonogin Valley Raceway, here's a brief update...

With the past few weekend's being less than favourable weather it's slowed the progress somewhat. It's really frustrating for Garry and myself as the light at the end of the tunnel is so close!!! The weather has meant the track sections couldn't be removed from the building shed for fear of getting water into the MDF track surface. The surface is now painted and braid is close to going on. The computer system is also near to being ready.

Last week Jan (EE.au) and I invested in a set of the Slotworx V8 Supercars. We have had a car built in each lane colour, Nissan Nortons (Yellow), Volvo (Blue), Commodore Jack Daniels black on white (White) and the Vodafone Falcon (Red). Go to the Slotworx thread on this forum (page 2) to see photos of the cars. These are the cars I will be using for the inagural race. A date will depend on the date the track is installed and will also be sympathetic to 2 other events happening in South East Queensland to give everyone interested the opportunity of competing. I will be running a teams endurance (teams of 3-4) but numbers will determine the finer details, i.e duration. You don't have to get a team together as we can help putting teams together for those guys / gals who are new to this type of racing.

These delays are a small price to pay for a track equal to the quality of the best 4 lane anywhere in Australia. I will keep writing updates as information comes to hand.

• 1 month later...

An update on BVR...

It seems the issue with the paint playing silly buggers on us seems to now be behind us. The racing surface is now painted, the inner barriers and driver's panels are also looking a treat. After weeks of frustration the track is progressing again.

This weekend our eldest daughter is getting married so probably not advisable to play slotcars, as tempting as it is. ;-)

I'll get updated photos as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Who is the fellow Garry J? I may need to discuss my racing room (to be) with him.

4orceracing, I'm just in Ipswich at the head of the Logan motorway. I'd love to come for the occasional blat if you're having social days..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the day is getting closer. The track is now finished and Garry is in high level talks to the transport company on a day for delivery... ;) I think he's gunna be pretty pleased when it's out the door, me too actually!!!

As can be seen, it's a big bugger taking up pretty much all of Garry's 9x6m shed. Once installed, and we've had a few good days of running on it to get the surface run in, I'll work out with the other track owners, I know in SEQ, and work out a date that will suit everyone for our inaugural event. This will be a teams enduro with the Slotworx V8's. Jan (Springbok Racer) and myself will be supplying the 4 cars, which will stay on their relevant lane colours. All you will need is your own controller, but I may be able to help there if needed.

Expressions of interest of either teams or individual racers are invited.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

BVRvs3.jpg

Looks absolutely awesome Mark ! It will be like Christmas Morning when you were 10 yrs old when you get that home . Some very lucky blokes up north who will get to share that beauty with you . Fantastic workmanship has gone into it , Gary you are sure a master track builder . Hope all goes well with transport and hopefully one day get to see it in the flesh .

cheers Pagey

Had a run on the track last night.

Thanks to Mark and Gary for the opportunity. What can I say, Great Track that is well built (another Johnson masterpiece) that flows well and is fun to drive.

Hopefully there won't be to many sleeps until it is up and running as Bonogan Valley Raceway.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway    The home of Lunatic Racing

Member of the Q32 slotcar group

• 2 weeks later...

I guess to everyone it seems like forever I've been waffling on about my new track. Today, all the waiting has come to an end and the new track is now installed at it's permanent home at Bonogin Valley Raceway. I'm extremely lucky having some great racing buddies from EE.au and we've put in a VERY long day both transporting and installing.

Below are a couple of photos showing some of today's efforts. It's very difficult to get a photo of the entire track in one shot...

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg