Anyone Interested In Some Organised Slot Car Racing Gold Coast?

4orceracing

I'm in the process of having a 33lm 4 lane routed track built and would like to know if there is anyone interested in getting together, maybe once a week, for an organised race night. At this stage I am probably going to run 1:32 plastics but am hoping to introduce 1:24 Scaleauto cars in time for a reasonably inexpensive variation. This class is run Australia wide and would be a great introduction for guys who want to maybe get a little more serious down the track.

I'll provide a graphic of the layout of the track in time but it is similar to the new Thunderbird Raceways as run in the SA Scaleauto Endurance Championships (one of the threads on this forum). The track has magna braid (so magnets work), 110mm lane spacing and is of a standard as good as any 4 lane professional track in Australia. It will be running the Johnson Systems timing system, which is the same as most of the professional tracks.

The idea is to just run cars as they come out of the box and have a fun. Anyone interested can contact me either by PM or as a reply to this thread. I am based from my house on acreage in Bonogin, approx 35-40mins from anywhere on the Gold Coast & Tweed. The track is scheduled for completion mid to late January 2015.

Thanks

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that's starting to take shape really well.

Do you envisage clockwise or counter clockwise if facing the straight.

I really like the layout

Clockwise.

It's a great layout to get cars sorted. If you can get them handling well on this one they'll only need tweaking on other tracks.

Should be a good fast layout with plenty of room to miss deslots... not that we every have any of those... hehehe...

Please note (all amateur) track builders... 4orceracing is having this track professionaly built by the track whisperer Garry J.

Note the corners have perfect entry and exits.. and plenty of room on the outside AND inside lanes so you're not banging the fence's and buggering up your wheels.

I'm selling my house in Brisbane and moving to the tweed coast so Marc you better finished it soon!

Please note (all amateur) track builders... 4orceracing is having this track professionaly built by the track whisperer Garry J.

Note the corners have perfect entry and exits.. and plenty of room on the outside AND inside lanes so you're not banging the fence's and buggering up your wheels.

I'm selling my house in Brisbane and moving to the tweed coast so Marc you better finished it soon!

Making sure everything is as perfect as I can get with the shed at the moment and Garry is taking care of the entire track / timing system.

Kim, both you and Jan have been very helpful in the overall design and advice too.

• 3 weeks later...

An update as to where we're at with the Bonogin (Gold Coast) track...

The braid has arrived in Australia and Garry is in the throws of getting the track built. It was best to wait for the braid to arrive so the rebates could be made to fit exactly. It's this sort of attention to detail that has given Garry a very good reputation as a track designer and builder.

I would expect the track to be ready mid to late February, but soooo keen to get some running time myself as soon as possible.

I'll post updates as I have more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is an attempt my daughter and I have made at designing a logo for our new track. The green on the reproduction isn't quite right, the original design is actually a darker green. Not sure why it keeps saving as such a bright colour?

Garry and I spent a good day's work on Sunday starting to put barriers on the track with the aim of completing the barriers this coming weekend. It's amazing the difference having the barriers on makes. They are starting to define the track and it's looking nicer to drive on with every bit that gets completed... Can't wait to get it installed!!!

BVRvs3.jpg

Hi Mark and Garry,

I have missed this thread completely.......

This is starting to take shape very nicely. Will be good to have another competitive track in SE Qld. Maybe a club series will yet become a reality.

Well done guys - look forward to running some 1/24th Scale Auto cars......and OAPR LMP's on it soon.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Thanks Perry.

Once up and running I am considering hosting an endurance to introduce interested guys (& Gals!!!) to the facilities and layout. The details are yet to worked out but it will most likely be during a day on a weekend so everyone can get their bearings out here in the valley. We're less than 15 minutes off the M1 but best to see the place in daylight first time.

Hope to see you out here sometime!

• 2 weeks later...

After speaking with some of the guys I race with, there is strong support to possibly run some retro cars, perhaps once a month and maybe on a Sunday afternoon. The flowing nature of the design will lend itself to all sorts of classes.

The feedback is very welcome. If you prefer, by PM is fine.

Garry's making fantastic headway on my new track. The barriers will be fully installed by the end of the coming week then it's well and truly on the home stretch. I must say it's looking like a fun track, very flowing and fast with plenty of areas to test the skills and setups.

Within the next week I am hoping to have an installation date and then we can set a date for the opening event. The first event will be designed to be fun and introduce all interested drivers to the layout. I am looking at the possibility of having all cars for the first race provided, leaving drivers having to bring only their controllers and skills...

The controllers will be wired the same as most of the tracks in SEQ with the round earth pin...

IMG_1194.jpgIMG_1192.jpg