New Scaley V8's - Bit Overpriced I Think!

gref

$79 each! You can buy the latest Slot It for $69! Might have to wait til they are on special considering the holden is the same s#!t chassis as it's always been

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Yep... Agreed...

Definately see a few more slot.it's being added to the collection, and a lot less scaleys...

Might have something to do with v8bumpercars and the teams asking more for licensing these days plus the dollar going south against the pound.

The Holden is the VE trying to be passed of as a VF

Edited by lenny broke

It's probably the Powers that Be at V8HQ wanting more money than the individual teams holding out for any more.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Two bits of plastic and some fiddle faddles inside......no wonder I bought one about ten years ago and havent been back since.

I did toy with the idea of carving the windows out of one and repopping it in resin.....just because I can.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

they really are just "resistant" cars.....and its not like they are retooling them every release.

one has to wonder what they are thinking.......but they do seem to end up cheap on the bay eventually, probably at near a loss for the poor retailer

nyvmre in our group has got a newish Falcon that runs so sweetly it is a joy to see. Needless to say he wins the class most times.

or is that nvmyre...I can never remember.

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Just a reminder folks that the V8SC are commissioned from Scalex by the Australian Scalex distributor. I can't see Scalex doing that at a huge discount. Therefore, you have to add another layer of 'margin' that needs to come of the cars. Given that Scalex is now undercutting their own home distribution network by direct sales from their website offering free shipping and discounts, I don't think they're going to be overly fussed on skimming from a commission item.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

They usually limit them to 1500. They would be lucky to break even at that number. Considering Hornby has run at a loss a couple of times recently I dont think they are ripping anyone off. You know the old saying, dont like it, dont buy it.

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Not surprised by the cost given the limited run for Aus. No doubt these will sell out quickly with several of the collectors buying the stock in the local slot shops (you know who you are).

An even bigger worry is the direction that the race teams and organisations are requesting for licencing rights for race cars. Try and get a NASCAR slot car from anywhere now as they are asking way too much in licencing fees (particularly an SCX for the upcoming Scale Model Nationals)

I also wonder how long the V8 Super Car support can last particularly as Ford has pulled out as of 2016 and can I see Holden not too far behind.

Also they will be changing from racing 4 door V8 taxi’s and running two door cars. Personally I am not a fan (probably in the minority) and think that the car of the future formula (a rip off of the NASCAR’s) is terrible and boring. I would like to see the days of the mixed classes and the manufacturer that can build a better mouse trap wins (thus winning on Sunday Selling on Monday.

Cheers

Ray

:ph34r:

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Not surprised by the cost given the limited run for Aus. No doubt these will sell out quickly with several of the collectors buying the stock in the local slot shops (you know who you are).

An even bigger worry is the direction that the race teams and organisations are requesting for licencing rights for race cars. Try and get a NASCAR slot car from anywhere now as they are asking way too much in licencing fees (particularly an SCX for the upcoming Scale Model Nationals)

I also wonder how long the V8 Super Car support can last particularly as Ford has pulled out as of 2016 and can I see Holden not too far behind.

Also they will be changing from racing 4 door V8 taxi’s and running two door cars. Personally I am not a fan (probably in the minority) and think that the car of the future formula (a rip off of the NASCAR’s) is terrible and boring. I would like to see the days of the mixed classes and the manufacturer that can build a better mouse trap wins (thus winning on Sunday Selling on Monday.

Cheers

Ray

:ph34r:

Ahmen to that Razar

Usually the Fords have handled better than the Holdens, at WASCRG here in WA we replaced everything on these cars bar the body for the club's V8 Supercar class (non-mag racing on timber).

At home on my Scaley sports track the Fords handle better out of the box, but after some tinkering and tuning they can be made to handle so both cars are more evenly matched.

Consider this. A scalextric v8 supercar is a similar price to buying your lunch when attending the v8 supercars for real, after shelling out near $200 to get in, then there's parking the car 'on' the circuit, oh, and a program. Not going? Better buy foxtel with sports attached, that's $50+ per month. With this in mind they are a bargain I guess.

I love Motorsport, I really do. It is sad that like everything it is profit based, and just like slot cars they will charge as much as they can, implode, and then rebuild.

The chances of me buying one? Nil. They are junk, even at half price in a bargain bin.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

On the bright side of the above the Bathurst 12 hour will be broadcast LIVE on FTA in 2015, not just an hour or so of highlights 6 weeks later. :D

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg