Sign in to follow this  
Camber

Camber Valley Speedway Racing

wgkj.jpg

Holding a analogue race night this Friday night 12/12/14 kicking off 7.00pm. Will be having a digital night in the new year, watch this space.

Scalextric, SCX Nascars, Slotit Group C, 1/24 Nascars, Plafit Mini Z GT, and a host class or 2. Should be able to organise loan cars for classes you don't have.

Tea + coffee provided, just bring something to share around (cake, chips, biscuits or whatever).

PM me or post up if you are interested.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

That was a fun night last night.

Thanks to the 11 guys who showed up and Rod for the Ninco F1's as a host class.

Will be doing more in the new year.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Holding a race night this Saturday night if anyone is keen.

Slot it Gp C (MCN Rules)

1/24 Nascars

Slotworx V8's

Host class (new 1/24 go karts)

See how we go for time, maybe MZ's as well

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Hi Camber. Look forward to seeing those karts. Are they scratch builds. Thought Scaly and Ninco ones were about 1/18. Could be wrong.

Scaly karts have not arrived in NZ yet but expected soon.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi again Cam.

They look fantastic. Look forward to your paint jobs. Rather expensive though. They make Scaly karts look a bit toy like. I still like the idea of latter however as they are quite different to cars. Time will tell. I have 2 on order.

Regards Chas Le Breton

House 1/18 Karts are done.

These things are awesome, will need to be careful as they are wide, a bit taily and open wheelers.

The most fun i've had driving a slot car to date.

20150826_223212.jpg

20150826_223220.jpg

20150826_223228.jpg

Bring on Saturday night :D

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Thanks for your hospitality Cam. Another great night, lots of laughs, loved the Karts and running the Slotworx V8s in reverse.

Thanks for another great night of slotties Cam,Karts were a hoot & the Slotworx were their usual brilliant racing in either direction.Usually when you race a one make brand weather its Scaleauto,Plafit ,Slot it or Scalextric there is always a klunker in there some where but that is not the case with the Slotworx.The harder you drive them the better they like it & I've never had so much confidence in a slot car in my many,many years in the Hobby.Last week I was looking at some past saved info on Chassis set ups & the Majic Triangle popped up,It's the ratio from the guide pin to the centre line of the back axel divided by the rear track or as some people call it spur.And the Majic Triangle # is 1.6 to 1 which is very very close to the Slotworx setup & probably explains why they are such a great handling car,The theory is this number is the ideal setup for a slot car so hurry out & check all your best driving cars to test the theory.When I asked Cam what made him put the guide in its position he said it was a guess & looked right,so if you add a good guess, great engineering design,simple tune & build you end up with great slot car that will give you many hours of enjoyment. :D :D Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Another great turnout Cam. The boys looked like they had fun with the Karts. Just remember to put the car on the green one :lol:

Brooksy

Thanks for a great night again Cam , lots of laughs and some great racing . Can't wait until next time .

Cheers Pagey