CanAm Proxy 2015 - car build projects

charlesx

Yeah, I never thought to look at theInterserie lists did I [Duh]

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yep, I was surprised to see that Matra on the entry list, but there it was listed as an entry in '73.

Mike did start with a Slot-it white kit and had to make it look like the #33 car that raced in '73, didn't need to look at the interserie lists, just CanAm and found it.

Edited by drw21

I should have looked closer Christian, and run one myself.

Dave just described the normal modus operandus of those Matra. "glides like a runny turd" through corners.

Mine holds my track lap record and I have never so much as pulled it apart to flatten the chassis.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Chuckle sounds like you guys have picked the winner already , must admit I was surprised to see a Matra in it must have been a one of, looks like a race to get 6 Matra's in 2016 then, oh by the way my records which may be wrong showed that the 1973 race at Watkins glen the Matra' did not arrive to compete ,am I right ?????????????? . :)

They were entered in both races.

They had a World championship race (1000km) on saturday and the CANAM race on sunday.

Most cars were cross entered for both events, but the Matra boys had no intension to run the CANAM race on sunday after winning on saturday.

Had this in the very first NZ CANAM proxy, which meant that I could not enter my Matra 670b back then.

So the circle closes again.

Enjoy the racing and stay in the slot.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Pitlane is definitely correct there were two Matra-Simca MS670B cars entered but neither started.

Canam rules clearly state that car only had to be entered. It did not need to race.

Slotsnz may remember but I think rule has been that since start.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

If you look at Post 1 in Canam Proxy/Eligibilily list you will see list I prepared last year. May not be every last car but pretty exhaustive. There may be some non-Group 7 cars that need to be deleted. Have ID'd some.

Ember or Mark can you perhaps copy this thread to new general thread under Canam Proxy so you do not have to go digging for it.

Main headng "Canam Proxy Eligibility List" as sub=heading is hard to spot.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Pitlane is definitely correct there were two Matra-Simca MS670B cars entered but neither started.

Canam rules clearly state that car only had to be entered. It did need race.

Slotsnz may remember but I think rule has been that since start.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Chas, where you've stated "it did need race", did you mean 'it did not need to race'?

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg