Ozrally Round 3 Southern Loop

Stubbo

Round 3 of the 2014/2015 Ozrally Championship heads for the first time to a new venue, Southern Loop in the south of Gippsland.

The event will be held in and around the small French inspired village of “Stubbeau” which is set in the foothills of the Strezlecki Range near the Gippsland coast and incorporates some parts of the old road circuit where many Tasman Cup races have been run.

WP_20141129_067.jpg

WP_20141129_065.jpg

The cars will start on the outskirts of the town and then travel through the town centre.

WP_20141129_064.jpg

WP_20141129_024.jpg

WP_20141129_027.jpg

The locals have been looking forward to this event for some time and really appreciate the event running through their town.

WP_20141129_038.jpg

After leaving the town the cars will head past the old garage before heading to the mountain passes. This garage was built by an American back in the 1930’s and he and his family have remained loyal to the US brand. Rumour has it that another oil company is in heavy negotiations to take it over. Maybe next year we could see a change of brand.

WP_20141129_029.jpg

WP_20141129_031.jpg

After passing the garage the cars go into the mountains and valleys. The cars encounter a series of tight hairpins and curves and a tunnel before they turn onto part of the old motor raceway. This section of the track lets the cars open up a bit.

WP_20141129_033.jpg

WP_20141129_034.jpg

WP_20141129_035.jpg

WP_20141129_036.jpg

WP_20141129_039.jpg

WP_20141129_041.jpg

WP_20141129_043.jpg

WP_20141129_045.jpg

WP_20141129_046.jpg

WP_20141129_048.jpg

WP_20141129_050.jpg

Then it is off the tarmac and onto the gravel, through another tunnel and into the bush. Here the cars will encounter some more twisty turns before once again joining the old circuit for the dash to the finishing line.

WP_20141129_051.jpg

WP_20141129_052.jpg

WP_20141129_053.jpg

WP_20141129_054.jpg

WP_20141129_056.jpg

WP_20141129_058.jpg

WP_20141129_060.jpg

WP_20141129_062.jpg

WP_20141129_063.jpg

WP_20141129_064.jpg

The stages will start tomorrow. I won't have a good computer this weekend so I won't be able to post up a full report until I get back to Melbourne on Tuesday.

I will be able to give brief details of each stage result as they happen.

Good luck to all.

Alan Stubbings

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a fun track...

I'm thinking that Miv's Mini may fair better than my dying RS-200 here...

Looking forward to the updates...

Hello from Greece!!! I have to admit that I'm very pleased with the descriptions of each race and I'm very thankfull to the organizers :) :)

This year I was hoping for my cars to be more competitive, but unfortunately I couldn't tune them into the degree I wanted. Last year the problem seemed to be the tires (not only) but this year I see that also the low weight has a significant impact in the cars' performance. I have to admit that things are a lot different than in our stages. This year I'm using sideways soft tires to the opel (which by the way is sloter and not avant slot..) and nsr to the peugeot. I think the sideways are a bit better, at least as the results are showing.

Nevertheless, all of theese are useful information for the future :) :) I'm only sad that I couldn't provide the drivers a good car to enjoy the proxy. Looking forward for the next races :) :) :)

Edited by ntz

Wow just who has been very busy with the scenery, looking good Stubbo, is this all getting ready for the next Bass Straight challenge?

Not sure if you guys are good enough drivers to handle this. I suppose we will find out in March.

Alan Stubbings

Good afternoon all.

Today we were able to complete stage 1 of the WRC and Historic cars (50% of the total).

Stage winners were

Historics,

1st Peter Gunn

2nd Ben M

3rd Phil Kalbfell

WRC

1st Slo1quick

2nd Ember

3rd Charlesx

Plus we also completed the total round for the Raids.

So these are the final placings for round 3 Raid vehicles,

1st Shadow Rusty

2nd Team Red

3rd AMCC.

I will get the full results tables compiled and uploaded when I get back to Melbourne on Tuesday.

Alan Stubbings

Nice work, Alan. Rather surprised to see the purple terror sitting in the points zone. Hope it continues into Stage2.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Whoo hoo. Stage win for the truck.

Congrats to the podiumites.

I'm guessing that the truck had a few more legs than the grand kids avant.

Thanks for the great drive guys.

The day dawned with a grey sky and plenty of rain. Bloody weather comes across Bass Strait from Tasmania.

It will be interesting to see how the cars go in the wet!

Shadow, you actually won both stages and the round. Your truck and the Tow rag! were by far the easiest to drive.

All in all though the raid vehicles did not handle the track so well and were really difficult to drive. ( maybe the drivers did not handle the vehicles that well either, it was the first time either of us had seen one.) Back to the cars. Most struggled to stay on at the hairpins. I think yours and Teamreds were a bit slower but got around the bends better than the others.

Off to do the other two stages now.

Alan Stubbings

Great to have a new track Stubbo and your onto it so quick. Thanks for the Pics ;)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

So round three is all done and dusted.

I was able to get the second stages of the historics and WRC done today with more than a little help from our neighbours Glen and Nancy. Nancy was also able to get some fantastic photo's which I will get through when I get back and post them up later in the week.

Now to the results.

WRC

Stage 2

1st Slo1quick

2nd Charlesx

3rd Ember

Final result WRC round 3

1st Slo1quick

2nd Charlesx

3rd Ember

Historics Stage 2

1st Curef99

2nd Peter Gunn

3rd Phil Kalbfell

Historics final result round 3

1st Peter Gunn

2nd Curef99

3rd Phil Kalbfell.

I'll do the full tables tomorrow or Tuesday and get the photo's up later in the week.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the event.

Alan Stubbings

Really looking forward to the full report. I hope you had fun running the rounds.

Thank you for the efforts made. Extremely happy to have the purple terror in the points for the Round.

Congratulations to Stu and Chas and also to Keith, Fabian and Phil for the podium appearances.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction