Maximum Corner Radius

tonka500

Hello,

This might be like asking how long is a piece of string. But anyway, is there an approximate corner radius where cars can be driven flat out around?

I'm planning a 3 lane routed track and want to go with big sweeping corners, but also don't want them so big you just hold the trigger down the whole time. It will be no mag and most corners will have a slight positive camber. Biggest radius corner I'm looking at so far is about 750mm (giving a 1500mm diameter).

Types of cars run will range from the SCX old school rally cars (Renault 8) through to faster stuff like Slot.it group C.

It might be that the radius where they can be driven flat out is 3 meters or so and I'm worrying about nothing but just wanted to check.

Thanks for any advice!

Andrew

At a guess, I'd suggest it depends on the car. A low, wide Group C is going to take a long sweep better than a tall narrow classic rally car.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Back when I raced 1/24 wing cars at Hornsby etc, iirc, the big banked 8 lane track had a corner about 7-8 feet inside radius. Could just about get around that flat out without backing off. Not if the car was a hard body though. That was about a 30 degree bank too.

I reckon use your 1.7m and have some fun. Will still need to drive through...