Ozrally Round 2 (Mopoke)

Slo

how was the grub? can we have the historic :) ?

Wombat pasties dont last long round ere' :) yes, here tis'.

Historicfinalstandings14-15R2_zpsac902c0b.jpg"]Historicfinalstandings14-15R2_zpsac902c0b.jpg[/url]

Again well done to the guys up front!

Fabian, your car is mongrel fast at Mopke. I think a combination of over motor and bulk grip made the Alpine a handfull to drive, even with its road hugging performance, though its a fun car to drive.

iphone4-12-14b001_zps41e3efa7.jpg

The motor in Charles car broke free from its glue during stage 3, tried to contact the boss to ok fixing it but t boss was busy, so I took the initative,hot glued it in place tried again but failed again, pulled apart again this time 5minute araldite it and put it to the back o the field, then ran it.

On Sunday Alan and I looked more closely at Embers car, after it proved to be a bit of a handful, contacted the powers and got the ok to remove the guide spring to make it a bit more driveable. This is a beautifully set up car and stages 3 and 4 reflect more how well set up it is, on Mopoke anyway.

OTFS car were the tyres glued on theis car? It bumps all over the place

The only other issue for stages 3 and 4 was with the Ben M Schlesser (Raid) guide wires fowling the the hinged guide tongue, took the liberty to fix this too, before running it.

Will run the WRC stages tomorrow

Edited by slo1quick

Think I must of put a dud motor in my RS200...

Congrats to the top runners... Wishing I was there... 2nd last this time... Can't get much worse...

Double Congrats on the 3rd for Chas... Nice Birthday pressie for him...

The only other issue for stages 3 and 4 was with the Ben M Schlesser (Raid) guide wires fowling the the hinged guide tongue, took the liberty to fix this too, before running it.

Cheers for that, imagine how slow it would have been otherwise :) Thanks for running the round, looks like my Porsche was reasonably consistent, just not there. Hope your having fun with it. Well done to those up the top.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Cheers for that, imagine how slow it would have been otherwise :) Thanks for running the round, looks like my Porsche was reasonably consistent, just not there. Hope your having fun with it. Well done to those up the top.

Your Schlesser's rear axle appears to, also, have a wandering rear axle. Itwonders out to the right. The crown seems firm to realign but it still moves, something that may need re addressing. The Porsche seems a bit taily, loose a bit of ground waiting for it to come in line to gun it for the next bit.

Thanks for all the effort put in on our behalf Slo1Quick and very pleased with the way you got 35 to the top step, well done to everyone for taking part in a very well run OZ rally

Nice car to drive, bit harder to find the limit with this one, still hung in there when pushed when it was loose. Not as smooth as some I driven but you could really push at this track, well done.

Stu Should have run the house phone! Bloody insulation in the shed and foil board ceiling is a great insulator for radio waves! :D

Thanks for getting these stages completed.

Better punch ya home phone inta me mobile :)

second race in the top 4... 2s to 3rd, and 4s to 2nd, not bad for a first entry.

But this little peter RS200 is a devil!!!! congrat to the winner and thanks to the driver.

The car is very fun to drive, may be big and it has the odd hard plastic noise when you push. Thanks a lot for the comment. The car did not have huge mods, only the in line kit, some glue and weight here and there. On our road track it has punch and the french sexy look :D .

Edited by curef99

Wow. Nicely done. Great to see that Keith's car came out on top at Mopoke. I gave it a couple of laps around here before I sent it to Tassie and there was just no way I could shake it loose. The guide seemed to suck into the slot and not let go. :D

Congrats to the rest of the guys on the podium too. Nice work lads.

Thanks for removing the spring on my guide. Certainly seems to be doing better that way.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Bloody RS200! Same as last year, MG great on my very tight track, but on the faster open tracks the RS has an advantage with the longer wheelbase.

Might have to look at an Alpine for next year! Fabians is good with limited development time.

Raids might have to be Ninco only after this year! That Lancer seems to be in another class.

Good to see Miveson is consistent!

I thought the Porsches would have gone better on this track.

Will be interesting to see how they go on the Southern Loop.

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks for running this round guys.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Both Porsches' have trouble with the rear stepping out here Bens ' lacks grip, Flippers tyres need to be glued and trued again, these tyres look to have gone out of round, the car is unstable and hoppywhen trying to push hard. The Metro is a good consistant runner, it holds slot really well given the way the back whips out pretty quickly. Alexis Metro is also pretty fast and can be pushed.

The Branco mobile is harsh and hard to get power to sync with the ground

Forgot to mention tha Marks Mini just stopped on the track 2 times during the last stage, can I open it up to see if the connections are ok?

Bloody RS200! Same as last year, MG great on my very tight track, but on the faster open tracks the RS has an advantage with the longer wheelbase.

looking at the next track, it will also be fast and furious

Might have to look at an Alpine for next year! Fabians is good with limited development time.

just one thing you need to remember (it cost me some time to figure it out), glue the bearing once you have set the right height... otherwise it will always find a way to undo the set up by itself... french car have a mind on their own

Raids might have to be Ninco only after this year! That Lancer seems to be in another class.

it is because it is a french driver... if i am not wrong it is the peterhansel model

more seriously, avant does light body, it must help a lot for the tall dakar cars!

Nice work, thanks for running the round! Marked improvement in my car on stages 3 and 4 but not enough to climb the leaderboard.

Congratulations to the podium runners and have to admit I am looking at my first raid car purchase in the near future!

Edited by Knealer
81_zps7655c7d9.png

Thanks for all the effort put in by one and all great proxy and a bit surprised the Team slot Celica came 2nd , sorry Kalbfellp both cars set up on a 4 lane racing circuit as I have no rally track here or anywhere near me so may be a bit quick but then on a tighter track like the first round they suffer a bit, :)

Congratulations Stu, Keith and Fabian. Well done lads.

Great round guys. Thanks Stu and Alan for running it.

Now, lets go to the beach.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction