Ozrally Round 2 (Mopoke)

Slo

Hi Guys and Gal.

Big box from Phil in Tassie turned up today, that, coupled with a text message from t man himself this morning saying the box was at my local PO ready for pick up, leads me a thinken its the rally cars

Anyway, the plan so far is; open t box tomorrow night and give em a good looking at, 4 stages over the next week starting with qualifying the cars. Stubbo will kick off driving stages 1 and 2 this coming weekend and I will drive stages 3 and 4 during the next week. Then off to Stubbo for round 3. Well thats the plan....

Whoo hoo, that was nice and fast...

Hi Guys and Gal.

Big box from Phil in Tassie turned up today, that, coupled with a text message from t man himself this morning saying the box was at my local PO ready for pick up, leads me a thinken its the rally cars

Anyway, the plan so far is; open t box tomorrow night and give em a good looking at, 4 stages over the next week starting with qualifying the cars. Stubbo will kick off driving stages 1 and 2 this coming weekend and I will drive stages 3 and 4 during the next week. Then off to Stubbo for round 3. Well thats the plan....

like.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Well all the cars have been qualified in preparation for stages 1 and 2 tomorrow

Here are the qualifying results for the Historics

Will get the results up for the raid and WRC cars in a couple hours. (I'm nominated driver tonite and have some duties to attend to, so after that, sorry for the wait guys)

Ozrally14-15HistoricR2qualifying_zps3e6908b3.jpg

Edited by slo1quick

Way off the pace on this track...

Here's hoping it's just more consistent on the actual run...

Hereis the qualifying for the Raid vehicles. Boy these are a different kettle of fish to get used to, still lots of fun.Certainly different characteristics to other rally cars. I practiced for a few laps on each of these vehicles, as I have never driven them before qualifying, I needed to get a bit familiar with them. Qualifying for al the cars was a 8 lap run for each car with the best lap recorded.

Raidqualifying14-15_zps72beea1f.jpg

And here is the qualifying for the WRC cars

WRCQualifying14-15_zps38c9d890.jpg

Couple of cars had issues; #4 car of curef99 weight needs to be reglued on the bottom of the car and the #13 4x4 car of NTZ keeps popping the front of the motor out of its mount, has an unsupported extra long shaft that is not supported near the pinion to the front crown gear. I could glue the front of the motor to the plastic motor mount collar which would help but I need permission to do this? Let me know.

I will contribute more comments after I have raced stages 3 and 4

Edited by slo1quick

Thanks for qualifying them all. Interesting spread in the numbers.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Stubbo came over today to drive stages 1 and 2 . Big thank you to Alan on a big days driving. Over 1250 concerntrated laps plus practice, plus warm up and notes on each car.Top effort!

20 laps one way 15 the other starting with 1 lap,so effectively 19 laps and 14 laps, similar to last year.

Results so far

Raidstandings_zpsa760829b.jpg

Historicstandings_zpsd191b08a.jpg

WRCStandings_zpsba95357e.jpg

A couple raid cars had wheel issues and too a couple of rally cars these were fixed and rerun. Othe than that all cars performed without incident

Still 2 stages to come.

Great job guys...

Looking forward to the 'pace notes'...

Really need to understand what went wrong with the RS200.

Thanks for running and hosting γreat job guys.

Looking forward to the 'pace notes'...

It seems that the Subaru does not like the bigger wheels,and overall i am not satified from this set (the 2 cars were fitted tires from the same bag) of MJK tires,less grip than last year.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

G'day Troops,

I left my notes with Stu but I'll try and answer some queries from memory.

Shadow, I think your car was the car that seemed to have a flat spot. It wouldn't accelerate smoothly and was a bit of a handful.

Cure, I found your cars seemed to go better in one direction compared the other. The Alpine could be quick but I was handful on this track. The Xsara was also better in one direction compared to the other but I felt like I could push the Alpine harder.

Alan Stubbings

Ran stages 3 and 4 of the Raid and Historic vehicles today.

Raidfinalstandings14-15R2_zpsbf04f192.jpg

Congrats to the winners!

iphone4-12-14007_zps0ba65456.jpg

The Raids with a good balance of grip and drift were found easier to drive and faster on the bends Phils and Gazza's had lots of grip and were very smooth but would tip easily.

Will compile the results for the Historics after some grub

Whoo hoo...

The truck clawed it's way into 3rd after the slow start...

2 Thirds and a Second, I'm very happy with that...

Thanks for running the round, and congrats to the top 2...

Edited by shadow_rusty