Wrp Round 13 ..... The Final

gazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All cars have now been posted back to everyone.

All Greece cars are going to Chris and all IOM cars have gone to Ryan.

I imagine there will be a slight delay with the last minute Christmas rush.

If you would let us know when you have received your cars that would be great.

Thanks again to all the entrants and hosts.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Along with the cars being returned are the trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Untitled_zpsd8170f94.png

A very big thanks to Devious Dave for donating these trophies. Dave has retired from racing but did build the winning car in last years series for his grandson..

Dave has also donated a perpetual trophy which will show all the winners since the SCX cars proxy began. Unfortunately it will not be available until after Christmas. More in this one later.

Those at the longer pointy end have also been sent an additional set of MJK tyres and also a 2014 WRC Beanie.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I got home from work today and my little Ford was sitting at my front door :-)

Feels good to get it home. I haven't actually driven it yet :-D I set it up for the rally after I purchased it and then sent it, all while my track was out of action.

Big thankyou to all involved, and looking forward to another chance to give it a run.

Cheers

Ben_M's an my cars arrived late yesterday...

Thanks for the tyres and beanie...

Cars just arrived at the door. Thanks Mel, Craig and Gazza.

Think I might retire this motor and use a new one next year.

Thanks for another great year and here's to WRP2015. I'll have the plate graphics updated for you ASAP. ;)

Thank you everybody for making this one of the best proxies around.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Just noticed, the windshield in my car looks rather like someone dropped a brick on it. Must've taken on helluva tumble somewhere because the return package is solid as a rock.

First time I've had ant serious damage during the series. Can anyone shed any light? Or is it another mystery that occurred in the blackness of Isle of Man?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I really figure it happened at Isle of Man. That's the only place where there was no real reporting or photos from the action, just the results.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

The Postie always knows.......

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

My car safely back in Kiwi land, cheers all.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

My car arrived Monday,when I unpacked it yesterday I found it rather damaged.

FFRear_zpsf296d30e.jpg

FFfront_zpsc8aea685.jpg

I first thought Mel had stomped on it,or Colin Mc Rae had been driving.

But looking back at the pics the car was OK after the first round BUT by the time it got to Matt Tuckers the front tl least was crushed.

I don't think it is repairable, so am looking for a new body.

Would anyone have a Focus body sitting around that they want to part with, I intend to repaint so condition of paint and decals does not matter.

Seems to have been a bit of a year of carnage. We've not had damage like this on the run around. I suppose at least mine isn't as bad as yours, Phil.

Going through the photos posted, I've managed to find out that my car was in perfect condition during Round 4 with Matt, but by the time it arrived in Greece the damage had been done.

It would be really good if any of the hosts could shed any light on what happened to these cars. Did my Evo come across a stray TT rider? Did Phil's car get attacked by rampant hoodies who used the roof as a trampoline? Or was the damage caused by insufficient packing in the tour box?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Hello Phil, The cars went to Matt from me and yours was definitely not like that when it left here. It does look like it has been squashed, so looks like poor handling in transit.

Hello Ember, as your car is one of the better looking ones, I think I would have noticed scrren damage when packing it away, certainly I would have recalled if yours had been involved in a heavy shunt.

My car is not back home yet, so I am tempting fate here - I had thought that there was less carnage this year...

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )