Wrp Round 13 ..... The Final

gazza

Round 13 is underway, results, final standings and photos will be up over the weekend

A few surprises in the field so far, third overall and even second place may still be up for grabs, stay tuned

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please score me a decent finish...

I think I'll need to be in the top ten to hold my position on the scoreboard...

Thanks for running the round guys, and I'm looking forward to the final results...

How could second be up for grabs?

Maximum points for a round is 25.

Minimum points is 1.

Gap from 2nd to 3rd is 34.

At best, that will still leave a 10 point gap from 2nd to 3rd...

Now here's a mind bender...

Technically, anyone from 3rd to 8th could still secure the 3rd place...

2014_WRP_R12.jpg

Edited by shadow_rusty

Been another long run around the world. Good to see these little cars are still up to the long haul.

Fabien, I might be able to help you out with a new motor. But there's been nothing set in concrete for the next run yet. We'll have a chat when this one is finished.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

DSC_0310_zps53900288.jpg

DSC_0314_zpsf6d89a23.jpg

Well the final round has been run and this years series has come to an end, and what a final it was, the racing was close and it literally wasn't over until the last car crossed the line.

The overall performance of the cars was very good with most running hot and strong right to the end.

The biggest problem we could find is with the guide and pickup system and a discussion on it has been started in the 2015 thread

With the guide problem in mind and noticing that the braids on many of the cars had deteriorated or had been (in my opinion) installed incorrectly, I set up two types of guides that fit all the models and used them

DSC_0559_zps8de404cc.jpg

Also there was the usual problems with the chicken legs

DSC_0633_zpsfcf65f51.jpg

Which need adjusting before the car could turn a wheel, there was also problems with a couple of cars that had used bluetack or similar the keep the front screws in, but so much was used that it had "flowed over" into the chicken leg housing and stopped any movement

DSC_0636_zpsae18bb0c.jpg

Some of the cars had been recycled through again with makeshift repairs done before being sent away

DSC_0634_zps85859650.jpg

pickup rail soldered together, wire around rear bearing holder ........

We also had 7 or 8 loose wheels that needed to be reglued, there was also one failure during the final stages, with the hub snapping away from the wheel shaft, always a chance of this happening when using superglue, as it is known to make the plastic brittle

DSC_0629_zps9189abed.jpg

With all the doom a gloom out of the way here's the results for the final Round .........

Final_zps2612824a.jpg

As you can see very close, and very mixed and a real shakeup for the leader board

DSC_0509_zpsc54b3484.jpg

Some of the action .........

DSC_0454_zps37c58daa.jpg

DSC_0459_zps80617f38.jpg

DSC_0478_zpsdf4f3f7b.jpg

DSC_0474_zps2c41e57d.jpg

DSC_0448_zps547a3012.jpg

DSC_0477_zpsdfe18ac2.jpg

DSC_0428_zpsa33050be.jpg

DSC_0415_zps9ddd018d.jpg

DSC_0416_zpsb8caad2d.jpg

DSC_0688_zps17818aa6.jpg

DSC_0588_zpsf06f3e6f.jpg

DSC_0333_zpsd41ec2a4.jpg

DSC_0578_zps9d48941e.jpg

DSC_0537_zps85f98d77.jpg

DSC_0437_zpsa9c9ac5f.jpg

DSC_0338_zpsb96df1f8.jpg

DSC_0317_zps20dfd3f2.jpg

DSC_0345_zpsc6277003.jpg

DSC_0357_zps15ae75d0.jpg

Final standing after 13 rounds ........

2014_WRP_R13_zps3ddd0a4b.jpg

2014_WRP_R13_S_zpsd77810ca.jpg

DSC_0513_zps549067b2.jpg

Congrats the Matt, Knealer and Big Bri for the podium results, great cars and great fun to drive.

And congratulations to all that entered, great job with the cars, hope to see you in 2015

A big thanks to Mel and Craig for helping out

And a huge thank you to MJK for supplying the control tyre

list_oct11-11_zps98786c9f.png

And to Rick from Scorpius for not only supplying a Scorpius set up to follow the cars around, but also as the major Prize

scorpion-banner-1_zpsaf2addec.png

CSC_0375_zps50a7db82.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Congratulations to the podiumites. A resounding win for MTUCKER666. The rest of us were really in a different race.

Well done to all the organisers, drivers, marshals and other helpers. A great series I will be happy to enter again.

The performance of my car in this last round was a big disappointment and by far the worst for the series. Hopefully my car is still intact.

Cannot complain as still managed (just) a top 10 finish. All the best to all the others competitors also and look forward to crossing swords again next year.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Another huge series done and dusted.

Congratulations to the cream on the top. Matt, truly a brilliant car. Set a new benchmark.

Knealer and Bri worthy combatants to stand on the second and third steps.

Awesome work guys. Huge thanks for organizing another brilliant series and one that never fails to entertain.

Thank you to the guys at MJK for supporting this great series. And also to Rick and Scorpius for giving us a prize to aim for.

Three cheers for the series directors.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I echo the 2 posts above.

Great series, great hosts and as always everyone gets along nicely.

cheers

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I am well chuffed, enormous thanks to the series organisers, all the round hosts and sponsors. The mjk tyres gave great grip and were really consistent. I used them also on my OSC Peugeot in the slot rally GB championship and they performed really well (4th in class over the year).

The scorpius wireless system took a bit of getting used to but it functioned well and the ability to wander round with controller in hand adds a great dimension to racing.

My citroen will have to be retired to my proxy hall of fame and a new car prepped for 2015.

Thanks again.

Matt

Thanks Gazza and co for running the round, the series, and everything else that keeps this series going.

It has been a fantastic series, my second one with the Mitsubishi, which will likely earn retirement from racing after this.

Second place overall is more than I thought I could ever achieve and off the back of this positive result I am trying my luck in a few more proxies!

Got to echo Matt's thoughts on the MJK tyres they are superb and I used some on my oz rally car.

Congratulations to Matt and my club mate Big Bri on making the series podium.

Thanks to all the runners and hosts and I look forward to getting started in 2015!

Edited by Knealer
81_zps7655c7d9.png

Pretty awesome way to finish off the season :) Thanks to everyone involved with the running of the proxy. Once again it was very enjoyable to follow, with just a little hiccup in the middle. Well done to those up the top, i've been there before and its a great feeling. My car needs a bit of work, its seem to work ok on home turf but struggles a bit OS. Some work to be done in the off season.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Its been a great series thanks first of all to the orginizing team,then to the hosts and entrants who made this proxy possible.Congratulations to the final round winners and to overall winners.Pity that Nisko didnt make it to podium it would have been 3 in a row (Greek car on podium) ,lets hope for the best next year.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Well lads been a great series congrats to Matt in a class of his own and to Knealer and Big Bri for filling the top spots, to all who have made this possible the production team well done all round, to MJK for a superb tyre , use them here on all my tin tops, to Scorpius for the added prize to aim for , all the hosts who put in the hours and made it all work, to all the guys who never got a sniff of the podium keep on trying guys, not sure about 2015 already have a car built but will now have to wait and see what comes out of the discussions taking place

And I think my Mitsi deserves a big rest and a major overhaul done 2 seasons and gone backwards, best wishes to all who took part. :)

Congrats to the final podiumites Matt Tucker, Knealer and Big Bri. your cars were the ones to beat . Your lucky that mine didnt do any better or there would have been some panicking going on ^_^:D:lol: . As much as you guys give Gary, Mel and myself praise , it's you guys as racers and hosts that keep this Proxy alive . Thankyou very much. Heres to the next Proxy.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Congrats to the podiumites and the hosts.

Pity I couldn't have finished a few places higher in this final round...

If I had, I would have stayed in 6th instead of slipping to 8th.

Well pleased with my top 10 overall finish though...

For the car returns, both "Ben_M" and mine can be returned to me...

Thanks guys for running this great proxy.

Looking forward to the final rule set for next year.

Just waiting on some trophies. Cars will start being returned next week

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg