Round One Shelmore Park Rally Complex

63 replies to this topic

#41 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

About tyres both my car's were fitted with new sets glued razored and true before sending of , mind you as regards oldish MJK's never had a problem with them age wise just keep them clean with an occasional light razoring. :)

#42 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

My car is fitted with new MJKs' Phil. Fly rally motor. 9:24 gearing from memory, Ninco sprung guide (?)
Well done to the guys up front.
It will be interesting to see how the cars go on Mopoke, particularly the raid cars
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#43 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

View Postkalbfellp, on 22 November 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Alexis MSC Metro just did not seem to have the grip here BUT very smooth and easy to drive,

Thanks Phil for hosting and a great coverage and feedback .Congratulations to all classes winners.This set of MJK tires didnt feel good from scratch but just had no time to rder another set
Posted Image

#44 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

my two cars:

scx pro xara, spirit motor, gear unkown, guide unknown (it was in my box), rear tyre mjk brand new, pod glued in... changes from last year: rear wheel wider, rear tires were brm (very grippy but catch dust), 5 more gr in the front behind the guide, 2gr moved from the center to the each side of the chassis.

Avant alpine A310, stock motor, change to inline with avant kit, bearing glued in, new rear tyre mjk, guide arm limited in vertical move, weight here and there but not too much (at full power on a grippy track you will see the front wheel lifting B) . first time racing.

thanks a lot for running this round and for the pictures.

#45 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Combination of Team Slot quality and my ability to prepare a car...... a match made in heaven!!!!! - more like accidental success I think.

Great result Phil - glad you liked it.

(good class for the Bass Strait Challenge Stubbo and Stu?)

#46 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Phil . It was a last minute thing as you know so she is as standard as you can get with the added weight. The tyres are the originals and I find them ok on both of my tracks . Hopefully it will start to climb the ladder. Again thanks
Cheers Craig.
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#47 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

Thanks guys. I will add all the car info to this thread as time permits.
It will be interesting to see if the eurethenes on the Raids give too much grip on some tracks, mine are very soft (30 shore) all I had!
I know last year some cars had grip problems on Shelmore and proved fast cars on other tracks.

#48 Knealer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:16 AM

My car is Avant Peugeot 207, factory inline kit, avant slot Green motor that came with it, 9 tooth pinion, avant crown 27 teeth I think. Avant magnesium hubs on the rear, standard wheels on front. 4wd band and pulleys are standard. MJK tyres rear, some old SCX tyres on the front. A bunch of weight up front and drop arm pretty loose.
Posted Image

#49 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

My narrow Opel has 3 year old nsr ultragrips on the back, other than that it is completely stock.

I ran the car in the Slot Rally GB series 2 yrs ago, nice smooth and can cope with scenery bumping. I just cleaned and sent it off, did not clock the min rear diameter so my rears are a tad under sized. Tyre cleaning a must for mine, which should make it an enjoyable car to drive.

Matt

#50 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Matt all your tyres are under size! But could not see any simple solution so have let it run as is this year.
The rubber tyres loose grip during each stage as they do pick up any crap off the track.Eurethsnes don't pick anything up,that is the advantage of them on the rally tracks.
Mivesons Mini has under size tyres also!

#51 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

But Miveson's Mini would be undersize everything, surely.I mean.... it's a Mini.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#52 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

agree, mini should not be allow in rally car... again a crazy english idea (i am french :D )

#53 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

It is undersized everything! But is great fun!
So next year we want to see a 2cv!

Edited by kalbfellp, 25 November 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#54 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

Well, I think Fabien should take the 2CV. I've had my eye on a Fiat/Seat 850 ever since starting this crazy ride with the SCX Alpine A110 all those years ago. :D

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#55 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

I seriously doubt the mini is going to finish anywhere other than last due to it's small size.

When it left the 4 lights were working perfectly and it was the fastest rally car around Mount Igloo.

#56 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

I think it definitely deserves points for style.

Posted Image

#57 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Oh well - saw it on the list and thought what the hell.... I've got nothing to lose - hopefully a few other hosts will enjoy the experience......

#58 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

in fact i wanted to run a 2CV in the Dakar but it was not selectable :wacko:

#59 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi Phil. Just a small question. FordRS200 - With most weight shifted to inside of car did it have any tendency to tip as COG would be a bit higher. Thought perhaps a bit more weight might have quietened down but sounds not.

Sorry about Ford motor. Had I a bit more time might have changed to MRRC 1090 slimline out of Lotus GP car. Had to change this to BWA slimline for VRAA.

Regards Chas Le Breton.

#60 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

Charles the car handled well, just very hard to drive smooth to get good consistant lap times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users