Round One Shelmore Park Rally Complex

kalbfellp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the round Phil. Great shots. Perhaps my next year's sponsors should be RSPCA and Lost Dogs Home.

Congrats to those that made the podium.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Ember I think you should just sell some of that grip to Stubbo , won't need any sponsors then

Ben adding comments with the. Pics makes it easy for me, my old brain can easily associate the cars and handling.

Much easier than trying to write or record notes during the event with two talking girls comparing every car and if it was pretty!

Thanks for the round Phil. Well run.

Around 40 cars - Would be a big day if all run together :o

Congratulations to those at the sharp end, but as Phil said we can expect a whole range of results through the series.

Off to Mexico now eh? (bottom of the big Island) :P

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

pos 4 in WRC and pos 3 in historic... this last minute change of heart on the rear wheels with new MJK on the night before shipping was great.

As for the question about old MJK... a nice cleaning of the tires with water before the stage is helping a lot.

the alpine was due to be light but a position 3 is amazing. About the WRC, the car / motor is fun, it needs way more brake than the ninco.

As for the question about old MJK... a nice cleaning of the tires with water before the stage is helping a lot.

About the WRC, the car / motor is fun, it needs way more brake than the ninco.

I run all tyres on a wet pad before each run and usually after a couple of warm up laps, I assume most track hosts do the same

Brakes - what are they on a purpose rally track?. Well maybe at the end of one or two straights. IMO break setting as least aggressive as possible with rallies

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Whoo hoo...

Thanks heaps for running the round Phil.

The photos and comments were great...

Congrats on the podium getters...

Happy to be in 4th behind a couple of MSC's and an Avant.

There were only a few changes to the Scaley RS-200 from last year...

• Dropped 1 tooth on the pinion.
  • Increased rear tyre diameter by ~1mm.
  • Moved the lead around to meet the new rules. Weight is about the same, and balance is very similar too.
  • But the biggest change was going from a great Scaley 18k to a 'slow' Fly 18k.

The difference in motors is ~3k rpm, and the fly has slightly less torque.

Ultimately, I wanted a SRP 16k motor, and gear it up slightly, but that wasn't to be.

It's speed should increase slightly over course of the Rally as it's a very fresh motor, but I'm hoping it doesn't get as crazy as the last motor as that definitely made the car much harder to drive.

Phil,

Is there a list of entrants cars / manufacturers / motor / gearing / podded / etc?

Rusty will try and sort all info while packing the cars to send to Stu.

The cars were run over 3 days, one class each day.

Track was vacuumed before each stage, each car had its tyres and braids cleaned before its fun.

Tyre cleaning was using a water with a couple f drops of detergent that really cleans eurethane tyres with no residue.

It would be interesting to know who had fresh new tyres fitted. Several cars actually having to much grip!

Mine were as fresh as possible. Adelaide to Perth to here and straight to Tassie. The tyres have already done the equivalent kms of a full series before hitting the track.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Mine are well used and probably 2 years old...

2x Seasons on a SCX Nascar, and then fitted and trued on the RS-200...

Alexis MSC Metro just did not seem to have the grip here BUT very smooth and easy to drive,

Thanks Phil for hosting and a great coverage and feedback .Congratulations to all classes winners.This set of MJK tires didnt feel good from scratch but just had no time to rder another set

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

my two cars:

scx pro xara, spirit motor, gear unkown, guide unknown (it was in my box), rear tyre mjk brand new, pod glued in... changes from last year: rear wheel wider, rear tires were brm (very grippy but catch dust), 5 more gr in the front behind the guide, 2gr moved from the center to the each side of the chassis.

Avant alpine A310, stock motor, change to inline with avant kit, bearing glued in, new rear tyre mjk, guide arm limited in vertical move, weight here and there but not too much (at full power on a grippy track you will see the front wheel lifting B) . first time racing.

thanks a lot for running this round and for the pictures.

Thanks Phil . It was a last minute thing as you know so she is as standard as you can get with the added weight. The tyres are the originals and I find them ok on both of my tracks . Hopefully it will start to climb the ladder. Again thanks

Cheers Craig.

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks guys. I will add all the car info to this thread as time permits.

It will be interesting to see if the eurethenes on the Raids give too much grip on some tracks, mine are very soft (30 shore) all I had!

I know last year some cars had grip problems on Shelmore and proved fast cars on other tracks.

My car is Avant Peugeot 207, factory inline kit, avant slot Green motor that came with it, 9 tooth pinion, avant crown 27 teeth I think. Avant magnesium hubs on the rear, standard wheels on front. 4wd band and pulleys are standard. MJK tyres rear, some old SCX tyres on the front. A bunch of weight up front and drop arm pretty loose.

81_zps7655c7d9.png

My narrow Opel has 3 year old nsr ultragrips on the back, other than that it is completely stock.

I ran the car in the Slot Rally GB series 2 yrs ago, nice smooth and can cope with scenery bumping. I just cleaned and sent it off, did not clock the min rear diameter so my rears are a tad under sized. Tyre cleaning a must for mine, which should make it an enjoyable car to drive.

Matt

Matt all your tyres are under size! But could not see any simple solution so have let it run as is this year.

The rubber tyres loose grip during each stage as they do pick up any crap off the track.Eurethsnes don't pick anything up,that is the advantage of them on the rally tracks.

Mivesons Mini has under size tyres also!