Guest jazzbell

2015 Nsw 1/24 Scaleauto Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

Guy's please take note. Race schedule is now up in post 1 and the LMP'S teams list is also now up and it's in post 2.

Only 1 spots to fill for the LMP race.

This weekend looks to be a big one.Sorry to say i'm not attending due to commitments but i'm still apart of the event just not racing.

regards shane a

team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Sorry to say i'm not attending due to commitments but i'm still apart of the event just not racing.

regards shane a

team NSR

Shane,

We will miss you mate, thank you for doing all the hard yards for this event and for sponsoring the NSR handout motors.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Gabe Inabnit has now confirmed his attendance at this event. Pretty cool that we get one the very top European ScaleAuto (and LMP) racers at our event!

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Guys,

Lars Harrysson, from Sweden, has also confirmed his attendance at this event. Lars, has raced with the Jokers at the first HSC Scale Auto enduro and will be known to some of you. The best part about Lars is not that he is one of the best track builders in Europe, or a past world champs scrutineer, or an accomplished race director, or the current organiser of the first Nordic Scale Auto Championships (with rules based on ours) with competitors traveling up to 1200 kms from all over Scandinavia to attend, BUT he is also an academic, so Sammi (if he comes) will have someone to talk to.....LOL....only joking, of course his wife Bev, is Aussie.

We further expect Tobias Lestrell (Joker from Melbourne) and his lovely wife - Esther, to join Lars in the team. Yes, we might have our first female competitor in this series. If so ........some of us are going to get beaten by pure driving skill and Tim and Noel will have another being from their planet to race against.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Shane, please put a Hornsby team in for the last LMP spot.

EDIT-

Shane, please put Europe 2 at 8th spot. Happy for Hornsby to go first reserve or 9th team if we have round robin available for the race.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

I am keen (assuming its a Sunday once again)

It will be John. See if we can find a spot for you.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

Maybe John and Bruce (Eagles) should be talking to each other.....?

Guest jazzbell

Teams are now full in both events.

If Gary gets the updated Johnson System in for the event the hand out motor will not happen in the LMP event on the Saturday.

Dropping the handout motor will allow more time so other teams will be able to run and the by round will happen.

regards shane a

team NSR

Hi Shane. As per the first Scaleauto Enduro At Hornsby Mark Fox and I are the Hornsby Team with the 3rd driver TBA.

Regards,

Kim

After speaking with Brad on the weekend, I get the impression that He thinks the Hornsby Team of Himself, Dale, Justin and Matt, were going to be running both as a Team and with the Same car as last year.

Just thought it might be worth 'confirming' this perhaps via James and the other possible drivers, Especially as None of them Ever visit This forum as far as I am aware.

I am keen (assuming its a Sunday once again)

It will be John. See if we can find a spot for you.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

Maybe John and Bruce (Eagles) should be talking to each other.....?

Hi Jan. I will happily stay on the sidelines as a reserve and be there as a roving person in case someone cant make it to fill a team. I am only 15km from Hornsby so can make it at very short notice. I will come down to spectate in any case.

Stu, Mark Fox confirmed with James on the weekend or we would not have entered our names for the Hornsby Team.

Can anyone tell me why it's $15 to enter a team for the LMP race but $150 (minimum) for the Scaleauto. What am I missing?

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

It maybe that the LMP race will take about an hour and half to complete and the SA race 8 hours. There are hand out motors for the SA race and possibly tyres as well, I don't think there is either for LMPs.Just checked and there does appear to be handout motors for the LMP as well but these are sponsored by Shane ( Jazzbell ).

Edited by Noel B

Can anyone tell me why it's $15 to enter a team for the LMP race but $150 (minimum) for the Scaleauto. What am I missing?

Cheers

Paul

The reason is two fold; track time and trophies..... The LMP's will take less than a quarter of the time and HSC is not providing any trophies. We hope to secure sponsorship for the trophies.......unless you guys would prefer them included in the entry fee then we can ask James about that too? At this stage the thinking is to introduce a LMP shield which then get moved from event to event, or one per event which will then stay at the venue. What do you think?

Cheers,

Jan

HI All

As a result of no responses to our awesome invitations to the north Brissie drivers [none].

The Eagles are looking for a third team member for Hornsby.

We already have a super fast lmp car that is as fast as anything at EE.Although the competition is aging and has dubious tactics.So we just need a driver for this class. :D

We have good Scale Autocars [well one actually] and we want a third driver that has a winning attitude and a very f.....g fast legal car.

Not much to ask..

Send your applications in asap to avoid disappointment .

Dont panic Bruce... As the time draws closer there will be a few good drivers putting up their hands to join you... and for those that dont know Ashley and Bava are regular front runners at EE...

P.S... you only need 2 drivers for the LMP's..

Edited by axman

Hi All

Just a little curious as to how the LMP race is to be run as I cannot see from a logistics/mathematical/fairness to all teams point of view how you can aim for a 1000 lap race?

The original post says: -

"2 or 3 drivers per team in equal stints (+- 2x6 minutes or 3 x 4 minutes as it will be first to 125 laps per heat).

1000 lap Endurance race on all 8 lanes"

Logistical issue

When a race is programmed into the race computer it is set up on the lines of so many minutes a bracket and so many seconds for lane changes - if brackets are to end when a team reaches 125 laps it will be difficult to administer easily.

Mathematical issue

The issue is that if each bracket is terminated when a team reaches 125 laps on a lane this will mean that UNLESS the SAME team is first to 125 laps on ALL lanes the total of laps run will be less than 1000!

Fairness to all

In a LM race of 1000 laps ALL the cars are on the same lane as it were whilst in a slot car race each car participates on each of 8 lanes for an equal amount of time with the laps being totaled. This is done as each lane presents its own challenge and some lanes are therefore by nature more difficult and slower than others.

I know by now that you will all be thinking WHAT can we do :huh:

My suggestion would be to ditch the 1000 lap concept and and try to estimate a bracket length that will approximate 1000 laps.

I have driven Kim's LMP around the track last year and from memory was getting around in 5.2 to 5.3 seconds on the hot lanes.

On this basis some basic maths leads me to think that about 12 minutes for each lane is about right: -

At 12 mins per bracket: 12*8*60= 5760 seconds which equates to 1000 laps at average of 5.76 sec/lap

On this basis I think the total laps will beat the 1000 laps

At 11 mins per bracket : 11*8*60=5280 seconds which equates to 1000 laps at average of 5.28 sec/lap

On this basis I think the total laps will not beat the 1000 laps

Thus my suggestion is to reformat the race to 12 mins per bracket.

Looking forward to seeing all you Guys again to race slot cars and swap lies and tall stories.

Regards

Mark

Fox

Mark,

The old Amiga system will do lap races and they work like this for a 1000 lap race over 8 lanes.

1st bracket - power cuts when the first car to reach 125 laps crosses the lap counter

2nd bracket - power cuts when the first car to reach 250 laps crosses the lap counter

3nd bracket - power cuts when the first car to reach 375 laps crosses the lap counter

4nd bracket - power cuts when the first car to reach 500 laps crosses the lap counter

etc

etc

etc

etc

You can work out the rest.

So you see it's possible for a car/driver to complete more than 125 laps in a bracket.

Anyway it will probably be a timed race because that's easier.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Foxy, don't panic.......just watch....like all of us, this is still WIP until we have a better idea of what race program we have and how many teams get entered.

The race program as currently installed at HSC can do a 1000 lap race (give or take some, including a bunch of your points). If we end up with more than 8 teams, then we will run specific time heats as we always do and use a calculation to get as close to 1000 in total as possible. (Of course we can do that anyway, as Garry point out).

As for the specific driver stints, well that may also change. If we only get 8 teams with two drivers each - then we will not swap drivers during a bracket, because the 'other' driver has to marshal......again stil WIP, until we know exactly how many teams and drivers we have to do driving and marshalling with.

Bottom line, we will aim to get as close as possible to 1000 laps for the winning team. We will have equal (for 2 driver teams) or very near equal (for 3 driver teams) driving stints. Most of all, WE WILL HAVE FUN.

Will be good to catch up mate......I hope Kim's has built a new LMP, because Garry's is going to crack 5 seconds for sure.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer