2015 Nsw 1/24 Scaleauto Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Happy new year everyone.

Please take note on the update of the 2015 rules in post 1.

Also the pinion of choice for this event in the OAPR class is also 11pinion.

regards shane a

team NSR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great nights racing at Jan's track last night. Almost all the regulars, plus we had visit from Shane from team NSR. He brought with him some awesome cars and big chunk of SA talent. Sneaky practice and a bit of opposition espionage thrown in.Good to see you Shane . Looking forward to catching up at the NSW champs in Feb.

Where Eagle s Dare.... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Hello peeps. Question for the lmp racing, regarding rear wheel width. My rears measure 13.2 mm wide, will in need to be turned down to measure 13 mm? How are the wheels measures? With a gauge or vernier?

Hi Chris,

Just check with scrutineers gauge first Chris.

Gauge is always used at scrutineering at these events.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

I here the Scaleautos are into the 5.8's and Lmp's are lapping in the 5.3's after some testing. Fast times and the track sounds good.

Queenslanders don't forget your hand controller adapters for the track.

Also guys don't forget to change your lead wires around to suit Hornsby. Can't wait.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Hi Chris,

Just to chime in here. The scrutineering tools for these events are always available before actual scrutineering for you to check your cars with the same tools used by the scrutineers themselves.

Shane,

Well it is good to hear somebody will be as fast as you were last year!

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi Gents

Looking forward to seeing a few familiar (not gonna use the word 'old') faces at this event.

Have been reading the posts and in relation to the driver change-over in the LMP race why don't we just have a 30 sec track call at the mid-point of each bracket which; given that it is two man teams; would ensure that there is a full compliment of marshals at all times? This would then allow all drivers to drive each lane which is possibly a more desirable option.

Any thoughts.

Fox

Fox

Thats right guys... Jan's got a race strategy to give us all a chance. The Jokers Team, Jan, Tim and Gabe are going to stop racing 1 minute before the driver change and quickly go to the critical marshalling positions while we do our driver change. Once the driver changeover is completed ( after servicing the car, of course) the mighty Jokers Team will then get back into the race.. and start again to catch up on their previous lead position. Very sportsman like. :P

Thats right guys... Jan's got a race strategy to give us all a chance. The Jokers Team, Jan, Tim and Gabe are going to stop racing 1 minute before the driver change and quickly go to the critical marshalling positions while we do our driver change. Once the driver changeover is completed ( after servicing the car, of course) the mighty Jokers Team will then get back into the race.. and start again to catch up on their previous lead position. Very sportsman like. :P

....but of course - exactly - all this while Mark S will sandbag as much as he can.....LOL

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone involved for getting this race weekend together, I really look forward to it. I've finally arranged for some parts coming from Jan so that we can set up Esthers car as well for some much needed practice running :) she has not raced since 2008! Mind you she won that race (Eurosport 24 against the whole Swedish elite field on a super technical twisty track)...

If any of the Melbourne guys are keen to go to Mobile raceways sometime next week for a bit of driving we'll be happy with a bit of company. Thursday night maybe if that works.

On another note: I might be blind, but I cant seem to find any times for when the races will be held next weekend. I'm just trying to book flights and hotels, and sort of need to know when to arrive and leave.

-yes I know it's all a bit last minute, but that's how I roll :)

Edited by bastumannen

Hi Tobias,

We all look forward to having some female touch in our series, so Esther will be very welcome.....until she beat one of the boys..... :wacko:

All the times are in the very first post on this thread.....but I must admit they are a bit hard to find, maybe Shane can edit and make them BOLD in his post.

Basically you need to be at the track (at least) from 2pm on Saturday and and again from 8:30am on Sunday until about 6pm.

See you (and Esther) soon.

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Shane,

Please can you make the following changes to the entries:

- Scale Auto GT 8 hour.

Change the Jokers to 4 drivers and add Gabe to it.

Change Team Europe to 'The SYD (7 year drought) Team', with Lars, Tobias and Esther.

- OAPR LMP 1000 Enduro.

Change Team Europe to 'The SYD Team', with only Tobias and Esther.

Give Tim and Gabe a team name, The MF Team.....don't ask.

Perhaps the other guys can also let us have some Team names.

....................................................................................................

Finally a reminder OR TWO to all the car builders and drivers. Remember HSC is 'positive on the LEFT braid'. That mean you will very likely have to swap your leadwires around. We drive in a CLOCKWISE direction on the 110' Johnson Road Track.

Also, the controller plug is the same as Mobile Raceway (Vic) and Thunderbird Raceway (SA) and not the same as most tracks in QLD (Thanks Kim).

You will need to provide your own M50 pinions: 10T for Scale Auto and 11T for The LMP's.

If anyone need a pre-scrutineering check, please see me and ask for the tech tools that will be used (including the scale for weighing of bodies and cars).

The Dapto boys have been practicing a lot and have no doubt decided this is going to be their year (if they can beat Phoenix). They reported that anyone wanting to challenge them, will have to do 5.7's with the Scale Auto's and 5.2's with the OAPR LMP's.

See you soon.

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

The Dapto boys have been practicing a lot and have no doubt decided this is going to be their year (if they can beat Phoenix). They reported that anyone wanting to challenge them, will have to do 5.7's with the Scale Auto's and 5.2's with the OAPR LMP's.

How did you find this information out so quickly??? Someone's been blabbing :lol:

Brooksy

Just throwing it out in case of emergency, if any team is left short for the event at last minute I am more than happy to fill in. I only live 15 minutes away from Hornsby so besides telling the cheese and kisses, I have no real impediment stopping me! :lol::D:P

Regards

John

How did you find this information out so quickly??? Someone's been blabbing :lol:

Easy> cam tells Shane :)

Easy> cam tells Shane :)

......sorry, I meant to add: 'and stay in the slot'....