Sign in to follow this  
jphanna

Trying To Ignore A Beautiful Car

DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1281.jpg

guys,

about 5 weeks ago this car was sitting amongst many others at my local track. Every single time I walked past I picked up the container and admired this car. I wasn't sure where I would use it if I bought it, so I held off buying it. then about 3 weeks ago, one of my fellow shed racers rolled up and raced in in our classic sports cars series. he cleaned us up that night. power, handling....it delivered the goods, but more than anything, just look at the lines, the profile, the sleekness of it. so I knew it was legal and I knew it had the balls to win.

3 weeks later, still walking past that container and picking it up and admiring it. what I been battling with is what if I have a go at tuning it and it didn't go as well as my mates car? I would in my view be undoing the beauty of this car. so I just admired it only but secretly hoping no one else would buy it.

fast forward to this weekend, we were supposed to meet at track at midday to practice for the 8 hour endure next week. the team boss suddenly cancelled......very disappointed, so what to do for next 3 hours? buy that car and rebuild It to club specs.

it doest have fancy graphics, bright coloured paintwork....just a pure sexy body on it. the car isn't lowered.

Its just beautiful.

Edited by jphanna

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Wel.... you'll be walking past one day, and it will be gone.

What will you think then... geez I'm glad I boutht that thing OR bugger, I should have bought that bloody thing??

:huh:

Nice car.

:)

Steve K.

I bought the car yesterday and took it home and stripped it and built it that's why it has the big wheels on the back, and the wrong wheels on the front. I have to wait till Monday to test it.

I must have worded my original post it in a confusing manner.

1/32 plastic has so many hidden gems.

Well..... After you "took it home and stripped it" I trust you lubed it liberally then?......

I mean, nice curves and all.......

Its interesting to see how different tastes in cars appeal to the general masses.

I'm a sucker for a bit of exposed frame work, showing a bit of the mechanical goodies beneath... Oh yeah, I said it.... ;-)

The thing that grabs me about your new addition is the simplicity of the decoration, straight one colour and the classic porsche stripe wording, looks like its not trying too hard.

Good on you for holding back as you did, not all of us can show such restraint. Just have a look at the "new cars for my garage" thread....

i dont have a choice but to restrain myself. each new car....new gears, rims, tyres etc. i only got so much $$$$

shakedown run last night and to add to the bonus, my mate who bougth the original one was there with his. he has 13 tooth pinion and i have 11 tooth stock pinion SILKY smooth and funnily enough they both sound like they have a slight supercharger whine. maybe its just a charateristic of that version of the mabusi. when mine did it, i thought it was a dud mesh, but then his did the same noise......go figure. anyway his got more top end and mine is better in corners. same lap times.

sometiems after a shakedown run you strip thte car and rebuild again thinking outside the box....becasue it wa so bad. this one, i may leave it as it is, or jsut add a tiny bit more weigh just in front of the motor (sidewinder) to give it a bit more bite out of corners. the track was dusty when i got on early so i will leave it for another test before i make an changes. SILKY smooth beast of a car.

in contrast, the kremer porsche in the other thread is goign good now......but i busted my balls on that car trying to get it to work.

some cars GIVE.......and some cars take. i swear that some cars are like attention seeking children. no matter how much you do , their demands for constant attention is insatible. i hate cars like that with a passion

Edited by jphanna

I get the part where you lust for a car....fight your emotions will or wont I purchase.... & yeah to turn up & find it gone ,,,, heart brake

Neil,

I suppose it depends on what the aim is for the car as well. if you are a collector, and its the missing link to a particular set or group of cars, then you gotta 'strike while the iron is hot'.

I have a set of cars for racing only, so I got a bit more time to mull it over, while stashing some coin in anticipation of a purchase

I had the Fly version of this. Beautiful car, makes me wonder if the bodies come out of the same mold being as Fly and SRC have their hands in each others pockets so to speak. The Fly car had a horrible Alpha chassis and I didn't want to spend big bucks trying to correct it so moved it on. This looks like it would have been the right one to get instead.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg