Wrp Round 11 - Nuggets Hill (Windsor Nth Western Sydney)

Ontheflipside

Thanks for running the round,congratulations to Matt and Mobzee.I hope my car lasts for the last 2 rounds,it seems that the crack in the left front axle post had occured a long way ago and i want to thank Dave for identifying it.What i did was glue the bushing and ,as i said before ,i hope is stays .

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Congratulations on surviving, everyone. It seems like this year has been a very long run. Well, maybe quiet rather than long. Just one more round to go.

Good luck.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks Mark. Didn't really make a whole lot of difference anyway.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

To all thanks for all the hard work and effort , congrats to the podium , Matt don't know what your secret is but boy are you way out in front , think the end is nigh for 111, 37th wow would have thought something is wrong with the car any feed back would be useful lads . :wacko:

Just gave your car a few laps on my track (next round) and it's fine.

Your car (and 3 or 4 others) just didn't like the "U" turn at the top of the hill. I you back off the car rides up on the rocks on the inside, too quick and it would deslot or roll. With 60 or so laps that's a fair chance of heaps of misshapes. Had a marshal on that corner at all times (mainly me) but it still adds 1 to 2 seconds to the time, times 20 to 30 - that hurts!

Your car, Penney's and Curef99 were the main cars that suffered up the hill.

My track only has 4 corners that need respect but we do some warm up laps to see how each cars performs then drive (hopefully :) ) accordingly. We will run 19 laps for a total 8 minutes or so on my track but shorter tracks like Nuggets hill it was 60 so problem corners can add greatly to your time. Does that make sense? The hand controller used can make a difference as will and I will make a comment on that on a later post

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks for the info , was wondering if anything had come adrift or broken, seems it's just one of those odd things then. :mellow:

Where your car (and a few others) struggled at the top of the hill.

Car111_zps66927f21.png

Car4_zps21d92e7b.png

In both directions the cars need to be flicked out to miss the rocks

Car49_zps2362454c.png

The Mitsubishi's seemed to be the cars that struggled the most - and no idea why?? :unsure:

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Finally found some time to sort through and edit some pics of the event

The winners

Podium_zps3b6f4f61.png

1st Matt Tucker

Car66_zps2704ad04.png

Car66d_zps21f24bfb.png

2nd Alexis from Greece

Car14_zps926962d7.png

3rd Mobbzee

Car49b_zps35ac3bb7.png

Well done guys and especially Mobbzee who came from the gutter for a 3rd and 1st stage win.

I have to duck out so will add more picks soon

Edited by Ontheflipside

Just a lack of finesse upon the part of the driver, maybe? :D

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Just a lack of finesse upon the part of the driver, maybe? :D

Could well be :P

We used two drivers and each drove for 2 - 3 hours with the odd coffee break and stretch/massage the finger, so concentration can drop off a little at times, but that usually only happens with cars that deslot inconsistently.

All of us in Sydney usually run the car for a couple of laps before the start to see how it performs and where it may need extra care and in some cases adjust the hand controller to help the car better.

We do our best to gets the best out of each car.

Some more pics

Car81_zps49c05f74.png

Car144b_zps8182460f.png

Car77_zpsd294e6e0.png

Car72_zpsd86a6d24.png

Car72b_zpsc96bbc6a.png

Car73_zps5606b776.png

Car59_zpsa68fd835.png

Car52_zpsd3f289aa.png

Car38_zps43a01eb1.png

Car30_zpsa3672c84.png

Car2_zps67e8613a.png

Car25b_zps63eeb1a0.png

Car25_zps4713de74.png

Car19_zps0974cc31.png

Car18_zps47288a5a.png

Car17b_zps7db3e55e.png

Car17_zps8ecb5e69.png

Car9_zps85fece19.png

Car13_zps8c5810c3.png

Car11_zpse090ea11.png

Car11c_zpsf7658f89.png

Down the bottom of the hill "look mum no brakes"!

Car10_zps666219fa.png

Car5_zpsf9e28330.png

Car5b_zpse0d669bb.png

Apologies if we didn't get a good shot of your car, "some times the Matador doesn't win".

Good to see the J car drove away from that. :)

Nothing a new front end won't fix :P

The surface is either Dulux Designer Suede or Tuscan.

Bit of a mongrel mix actually Embs.

Terracotta colour in Tuscan 40% untinted Suede 40% Dulux Low Sheen sample pot Lime Green10% and Black poster paint 10% - guessing on the %'s :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Terracotta was too red so had to "Kill" it with what I could find. Still have to put a clear over it but the grip was brilliant. Too good for the 111 car though :mellow:

Edited by Ontheflipside

Blackboard paint isn't dissimilar to the Suede/Tuscan texture. But the lime green is a bit of a surprise.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

The black Ems was actually cheap Poster/Craft paint from a "$2" shop. I used the lime green ( didn't have a true green) as colours opposite on the colour wheel will deepen (sometimes "muddy") the colour

colour-wheel.gif

eg: A little purple in yellow will make it a more sunflower colour etc

And for you colour experts the three primary colours teaching of Red, Yellow and blue is currently being challenged

Something down this path color-theory-2-728.jpg?cb=1268925548

I have nothing else I feel like doing at the moment!

Good info for others to take notice of, but not surprisingly you're preaching to the converted here. :D

I've had people freak when I tell them I use purple or blue for shading faces.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

any feedback on the 100 failure?

Just gave your car about 10 laps at MSP (Rnd 12) and it gets around OK without any offs but it lacks early grunt at 11.5v and top speed just average.

Nuggets Hill has no long straights but here there are 3 so that will help your car a bit. Consistent low 30 sec laps at MSP would see you in the top ten but I just averaged 33's.

Tried to take the body of to see if all OK underneath but I cannot undo 2 screws :(

It may go a bit quicker at higher volts but I will not know that setting until I do a few laps with the top 5 cars to see how they perform at higher voltage. Higher voltage often means more "offs" with the field :(