Wrp Round 11 - Nuggets Hill (Windsor Nth Western Sydney)

Ontheflipside

World Rally Proxy 2014

Round 11 - Nuggets Hill

All the cars have just been cleaned, bearings oiled, gears greased, braids cleaned and treated with Inox.

Grid_zps2a8f8242.png

All but two cars performed well around the Mount Salt Panorama track during 2 - 3 laps testing.

The two were mine and Matt Tuckers.

Mine had a small piece of ballast up against the front wheel and had been there a while looking at the wear on the tyre

then later found a rear wheel loose. All now fixed and flying. (run the motor in Red Bull for a while) :lol:

Matt Tuckers car was struggling to get around. Found a rear tyre rubbing on the body

Car66Tyre_zpsaffb10ed.png

Note the tyre wear on the side (after being fixed). Some of you probably wised I hadn't fixed it :lol: :lol: :lol: (Sorry Matt :P )

Cars are currently being loaded for their 1hr trip Nth West of the Mount Salt Panorama Circuit to Nuggets Hill in the morning.

Transporter_zps925abb34.png

The questions you should ask yourself "will my car make it up the mountain"

21Historic_zpsd6eccbb2.png

. . . . "and how will it handle the hump"

19_zpse3f29076.png

I imagine it will be a late night tomorrow (Wednesday Oz time) so results will be posted sometime Thursday evening.

With 2 rounds to go after this round the 2nd & 3rd podium places are still up for grabs (maybe 1st as well if #66 dies tomorrow :) ).

4th to 10th place finishes in the series will receive a gift and as well 20th & 30th positions, so best of luck everyone.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Good to see things ready for the last couple of rounds. Is it just me or has it been a long one this time round the world?

Good luck everyone. Hope you enjoy the run Mel.

Hmmm... That photo of my Audi from last OzRally shows I need to think more about where the rally plates are going to be placed. "CFA Volunteers Lives" doesn't sound so good.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Well the cars all made the exit from the city to the country

TransporterNH_zps5e5a61e9.png

We resurfaced the track in the morning and started running the cars mid afternoon.

Stages 1 & 2 have been run but I left a memory stick out there for stage 2 but should get it back tomorrow and hopefully with some pics.

I used this track last year with the OZ Rally and it set the cat amongst the pigeons. Did it again yesterday but a lot better driving and performance with the new track surface.

Here is stage 1

Stage1_zps8bdb67af.png

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Thanks for noticing and fixing it OTFS. Had the wheel come loose to cause that issue?

Matt

Hey Matt

Your car could hardly move when I first tried to run it and a quick look I thought the back bearings had popped out. I couldn't pull the wheels and axle down by hand so I just unscrewed the body to have a look. Everything OK so just put the chassis back on with good wheel clearance. I have no Idea how it ended up like that. All good now and went well yesterday. But the tyre must have been catching the body for a while and maybe why it didn't perform that well in Greece.

Mel is my motor ok as it had problems at Greece

Thanks rossko

Hey Rossko.

It sort of went OK on my track before I took it out west but after a few laps I almost needed a winch to pull it up the big hill.

I'll have a good look at it tomorrow and if I can't help it along a bit I 'll let you have a look at it Sat night.

I know a nice undertaker :P

what the......i'm gobsmacked

Your car absolutely loved that track, was so easy to drive and quick. Not so brilliant on the reverse direction which is normally quicker. No offs on stage 1 but 2 or 3 in stage 2 (from memory).

I gave it a run on my track here tonight but I will have to tame it with the controller a bit more at my MSP round. Not the 1st time I have seen cars finish a lot better near the end of Proxys but also some excellent ones die half way through :unsure: Nice paint job BTW

Edited by Ontheflipside

Stage 2 results - Reverse direction. Some cars were happy others a bit grumpy :unsure:

Stage2_zps52284d97.png

Total Times

Finalresults_zpsad078295.png

. . .rushing off to an appointment so I will add some pics and comments later.

Congratulations to Matt, Alexis and Mobbzee

Edited by Ontheflipside

Congrats to those ahead of me...

Unfortunately, there was a lot of you...

Thanks for the results... Seems like my car is getting slower and slower...

Congrats to the boys on the steps. Matt's car continues to prove you can't keep a good car down.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks for running this round.

Congrats to the podium getters.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion