Tasman Cup...... Bill Thomasen 1965

Stubbo

In 1965 a New Zealander called Bill Thomasen bought and raced the ex Bib Stillwell Brabham BT4 in the NZ races of the Tasman Series.

The car was #9 and was entered under the name of the Corsair Racing Team.

Why am I telling you this? Because I dont know what colour the car was.

Does anyone know what the colour scheme of this car was?

I have looked everywhere I can and the only picture I found was on the Sergent site. It showed the car to be a dark colour with possibly a light stripe. Bib raced in BRG with a lemon yellow stripe so maybe Thomasen kept that scheme?

Can anyone shed any light or even colour on the matter? Better still would anyone know where there is a colour pic of this car?

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Hi Alan.

I only have two photos of him and one shows nothing but him sitting in car with young son holding his helmet except perhaps car was very dark in colour. Second is near full left frontal view at Waimate but this indicates probably coloured nose only. Part of nose is cut off. Car appears to be No.9. Can post on AUSLOT if you wish.

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. Based on No.9 have just found another side view. Start at Teretonga. Again however inconclusive.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi again Alan. This is the first of the photos if I can remember how. Have now changed my mind and pretty certain car did still have central stripe.

IMG_20141022_0003_zps26ab8016.jpg

Will do first a test. This is the Teretonga photo you mentioned Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks Chas,

It looks like a BP logo on the side of the car in the Teretonga photo.

At this time I am thinking he may have left the car in the old Stillwelll colours. Maybe a colour shot will surface.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Alan Stubbings