rosco01

Fitting Slot-It Hr2 Rtr Chassis To Scalextric Datsun 240Z Circa 1985

Hi folk - I posted this as part of a reply to another thread - but didn't get a bite....so, here goes as an attempt to attract response.

There used to be a back-yard retailer who had his own track for hire here in the outer eastern suburbs... name witheld - I purchased my Alan Jones MRRC FW07 from him.... and just cast my little beady eyes on a body laying around in his spare parts bin..... a Scaley 240Z..... body, windows and cockpit only - it was obviously the result of some canabalising for another model... but the left over bits were all unused... colour mid-blue....

I have just ordered a Slot-It HR-2 RTR chassis for this model..... anyone completed such a build?.... any tips.....

I don't believe it will be a fast car... but I'd like to get it on wheels and around the track - having looked at it for over 25 years now - vowing to one day get it running....

frats,

Rosco

Ok folk - just found a thread by Capri-corn7 and Munter on a resin build using a Slot-It GT40 chassis... apparently there is also reference to fitting a HRS2 chassis...so, looks as if I've managed to fluke ordering the correct chassis... now to wait for AR to get them in and send it to me.... currently on backorder.

frats,

Rosco

Here is the resin body I built up with some chassis shots.

P1110862_zps8b009b03.jpg

P1110858_zps441060a7.jpg

P1110859_zpsb5b83e99.jpg

P1110860_zps51f5cf79.jpg

I did get creative with the body mounts. After looking at the pictures I think I will narrow the fronts.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

The rolling kits are out of stock at Slot.it, but the base kit is proving a useful stand-in. - especially when you need to put different wheels and/or motor into a kit anyway. CH33b

They are less than half the price to start, so you can use the saving for the rolling bits and motor.

sich33.jpg

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks Slotz and Munter - I'm in no rush... but it would be great to finally make a start....

I'll contact AR when my next order is about to be made... if the RTR isn't ready - there is a couple of options.... the GT40 replacement chassis - hoping it's available RTR or as you suggest above - make a start with the base kit and progress with the build.

I am about to get my box brownie out and add some pix to another thread as promised - I'll snap a couple of the 240Z (one and a half pound wonder - we used to call them back in the '70's) and bang them in here....

I note your pix show that of an in-line motor mount.... the RTR chassis I have on back-order is for the sidewinder.... I understand it's simply a case of changing gear wheel/pinion and motor pod - and that it can be obtained in a number of offsets.... I have no idea... but the RTR I ordered is the same 0.5mm offset as my three SI GT 40's..... never know, one might lend itself to the other on occasion...

thanks for your replies - please stay in the loop... any suggestions/advice will be received with the greatest of appreciation...

frats,

Rosco

Ok folk - took quite some time to finally get my diff into drive and take some shots....

Apologies to the forum... it's not a 240Z... it is in fact - probably the same Scaley model that SlotzNZ and Munter have been working on... but, what the heck - here's four pix of it anyway.... few bits missing/broken.. but nothing that can't be fabricated out of some styrene card....

Surprisingly, the wheel base front to rear - is identical to that of my C17 Lamborghini.....

pix..

260Z001_zps5cac4acf.jpg

260Z002_zpsf4347a5b.jpg

260Z0032_zpse29a5bcc.jpg

260Z004_zps6fd49c27.jpg

apologies for the poor quality of pix... tried with the flash - but it flared everything.. so, just sat it under the LED lamp...

I also noted there is a very small manufacturer number S 8944 underside of the bonnet... just behind the central bulge - and immediately in front of the cockpit assembly....

frats,

Rosco