Macca48

New To Slots

hi i am new to digital slots i am in need of some help with track out . i have 4.2m x 3.5m x 1.2m l shaped area to work with all ideas would be a big help.

Yes I agree, its a matter of seeing what you can come up with. Its definitely one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby I feel.

Good to have you aboard Macca. Lots to discover on here. :-)

Welcome, welcome...

Digital is different beast when designing track layouts...

The biggest consideration isn't about making the lanes similar, but actually providing enough oportunities to change lanes, and making sure that the changers are in sensible locations...

Generally speaking here's what I do for my scaley digital tracks.

1. Wherever possible, make sure there is a full straight before any lane changer.

2. Make sure that there is a lane change no more than 1 corner before the pits to allow cars to get into the correct lane.

3. Try to optimise the changers... i.e. if there are 3 changers, try to space them 1/3 track length apart.

4. Start with simplier layouts... Digital racing is fun, but on more complex layouts, can be taxing for novices...

5. Match the number of cars to the size of the track... i.e. 4 cars on a small 2 lane track, but 6+ on a larger track.

6. Avoid overpasses / hard to reach locations...

Hi Macca ....... this is indeed a new world.... but one which afford a little "excercise" in comparison to that of the "game boy" or Nintendo variant..

I suppose, compared to what others have posted - is what your mind believes will be your ongoing passion.

I'm very much "old school" and try to keep my attention/purpose focused on what my outcomes are. I'm definitely not "digital" - but the parameters of it are immeasurable.....

If you intend to stick to a basis track - be it Scalextric, Carrera (stainless) or Ninco etc...... then you will quickly amount your outlay.... and begin the long and drawn out process of acquiring trackage to furnish your thirst............ one that can very quickly get away from any "logic" constraints....

Do not be afraid to question anything here......... there are copious numbers of members who, through the years, their passion and "insanity" will guide you through the many platforms this sport purports..... it's basically what you envisage your own direction to be................... and then pump up the questions which will best advise you on a most affordable/enjoyable outcome....

And, finally - welcome aboard...... although - I've just landed here myself... after an absence from the hobby for some 30 years.......

frats,

Rosco

Thanks for your help I have a few track designs in mind but at this time am still trying to work out how to attach to post

mytrack-2_zps2d98bd9b.jpghope this works here is one idea for l shape track carrera digital I was hoping to have multi levels and hump in one of the straights do you think layout would race well how many cars do you think would race well on track at one time thanks in advance . Edited by Macca48

Wow! - if that's a simple introductory start..... I can't wait to see something you design which is advanced..... when/if you build this - pix please!

frats,

Rosco

I've edited it so the track can be seen.

Wow... I see spaghetti. I understand the temptation to put as much track as possible on the table, but sometimes the drive is more enjoyable with less track and space around things.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

sorry wrong track

mytrack_zpsd31281e9.jpg

Oh

Oh my god that looks huge, what is the dimensions?

Having just brought a modest Carrera track I'd be intested if there is a track planner out there, my goal would be to do the BrandenBurg Ring.lol

Cheers

Kappy

Hi Macca48, one thing to consider is where the driver stations are situated. With digital I'd imagine there are more than 2. It might be worth considering designing your layout so that any driver doesn't have to look 'through' another to see his/her car on the track. Also, it can help to make a scale version out of cardboard or some such thing to be able to 'view' it from each drivers perspective. My pennies worth, hope it's is of some help.

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg