Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Best Use For A Specimen Jar Ever

Odd title I know but I wanted to share a little present that arrived in the mail from Shadow_Rusty. At first look the addressee on the packet had me a little concerned. The contents may have too had I not been forewarned.

1411431827809_zpswsp9eqex.jpg

It's a voltage adjustment doohicky (technical term). :) The power supply I have running my tyre lathe can't be turned down enough for some tyres. Michael was kind enough to send me a solution.

Thanks Michael.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

this is how bill gates got started, if you and michael go into business marketing these, i am happy to be your secretary. i can do 30 WPM two finger typing.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

At first look the addressee on the packet had me a little concerned. The contents may have too had I not been forewarned.

Thanks Michael.

Aww shucks...

Was trying to figure out the Addressee part till I remembered that I had sent it from work, so had their name on the back...

Other than the jar it looks like (as the Scottish would say) the wee diode brake pot on my controller (a Ruddock).

Yes, it's exactly the same circuit as the brake one, but I have used 5amp Shottky diodes instead of the more commonly used 3amp standard diodes.

This means that it's ~0.3v per step voltage drop intead of ~0.6v per step.

Here's a couple more pics...

Embers%20Voltage%20Reducer%20-%202.jpg

Embers%20Voltage%20Reducer%20-%203.jpg

Ps. I have used these jars for a far more disturbing 'image'...

I ordered in some superlube (High Viscosity Teflon Infused Oil) in, and sold it to a few of the club members.

They each got one of these jars filled with a thick almost clear fluid with white teflon specks all through it...

Hahahahaha. I'll bet a few were a little concerned at the contents. It actually goes well on my desk with the tissue culture dishes I use for disposable paint palettes.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Do you use scalpels for cutting and stainless tweasers for folding items too?

Do you also say 'clear' before powering up a motor?

Edited by shadow_rusty

Yes to the scalpels. And still got a few packs of surgical gloves.

The tissue culture dishes were a found object. Found a box if them by the side of the road and thought 'they'll be handy' and they are.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg