Motor Brackets

Ember

• 3 weeks later...

Narh. Can't be. He's not located in Hamilton to give such inflated prices.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Cam, is it possible to extend the "legs" on the motor bracket by around 5mm? Just noticed how very short the are on the originals. Limits fitting space for crown gear and requires cutting of motor shaft. I don't think moving the motor forward 5mm would make a big difference in useability.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Moving the motor forward does cause problems when trying to fit a full driver.

Also the front bracket could do with the axle holes being further up so the guide and chassis sit lower.

The couple of cars I built with brackets had the bearings lifted 1mm to offset the gear, and the front axle holes cut out to raise the front axle.

So much for thinking motor brackets should be easy.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Yup. It's what everyone has been using for so long.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Also the front bracket could do with the axle holes being further up so the guide and chassis sit lower.

The couple of cars I built with brackets had the bearings lifted 1mm to offset the gear, and the front axle holes cut out to raise the front axle.

On the BWA brackets I have in front of me you couldn't move the front axle holes any higher as there is only a whisker of metal above the hole. For the rear you have maybe 1mm of metal above the hole so could only move the hole at most 0.5mm

David

Might be worth giving Cam some dimension if there is a need for a change seeing as though he is about to make some more - what would you recommend Phil making the sides of the front bracket the same size as the rear bracket which should allow the hole to be 1mm higher and then make the rear bracket 0.5mm bigger so you can move the rear hole up 1mm as well?

David

Edited by dangermouse

Everyone has been using them as they are, and those that want to adjust them are used to doing it themselves.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg