Sign in to follow this  
jphanna

Father Day Hint - Inappropriate?

Guys,

With father day coming up this weekend, would it be considered rude to ‘hint’ to my sons to buy me a new slot car?

Last few years they have been buying me varying things, rather than usual fathers day standards, such as sock and jocks.

Framed poster of Ford’s

Gun ranch voucher

Fancy top of the range earplugs for when I ride my pushbike/mbike

I would hate for them to give me a boxed ‘anthology of Cindy Lauper greatest hits’ when I could have a new Sideways Group 5 slot car……….

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

I leave a few catalogues lying around the house with obvious highlights on things I would like ;) ;)

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

such as this......m0HgoVo2blImcDRtb3cc2lw.jpg

You know him too well...

I found my Father's Day prezzy on Sunday when I went to check one of the cupboards for dampness after the missus decided to drain the fish tank directly onto the floor, instead of out the back door like she should of. :(

Two stuff ups for the price of one. :)

Edited by espsix

sounds like yours is in the majority group. no surprise there. I love the other typical female logic, buying spur of the moment clothes without trying them. then when they get home and find out the last time they fit that size, was 1985.......

Keep telling my kids to buy me slot cars or make a donation towards my next purchase. Might as well talk to the brick wall, so bought my own Fathers Day present, a Scalex Digital Platinum set.

Now I need to convince the finance manager I need to buy more lane changers, pit lanes, Race management software, cables, digital chips, a few different track pieces, 4 more LMP's, and a winning X-Lotto ticket!

My wife and kids have their own armchair account ;-)

Great! considering my 4 ladies of the house don't have any interest in slotcars.......

With the exception of my youngest, who I am amazed with the throttle control she has!

She's 2 and drivers smoother than some other 'older' visitors ive had!

The girls just loose interest pretty quickly....

Well... Hints don't work around here. Not that I expect anything for Father's Day. Or Mother's Day either. Do they have an Evil Stepmother's Day?

Even direct responses to "what do you want for (insert celebration here)" don't work. The last slot car His Lordship bought me was the Scalex Anniversary Mini.

You want something? Buy it yourself and give them a card to sign.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction