• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

a bit late for buying yourself a chrissy present, but our consignment of Difalco controllers just arrived.

http://www.slotraceshop.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=185

Pat - if you read this, I grabbed spare correct size knobs to fit the 1/4" rheostats if you want to replace that elephant I fitted to your controller.

Just give me a call anytime, we are back in town and just kicking about.

Also on

Facebook & Twitter our Website

Yay, another great supplier back on deck...

PS. Don't forget to update your profile pic with the new address.

Thanks for reminder Rusty. Am waiting on Jacob to change that link - but you reminded me to change my signature links !

He's talking about the site URL visible in your profile picture :) all other links should now be changed on the forum. I couldn't edit where the old bitly was pointing to, so I had to create a new one and update all the old references - hope I got them all.

Yep, that is what I was referring too...

Ps. It's still the old one.

Oh, and loved this months newsletter... great work once again.

Thanks Rusty, the brain finally kicked into gear, and I have now changed the avatar pic. - You may have to hit refresh to see it.

I had just finished writing car build articles for January and Feb newsletters, when a returning customer asked for help to show his club guys how to glue and true tyres.

Something I'd never done an article on as far as I can tell. . . . . . back to the work bench.....

Here's the funny thing. I have some of the ozzie guys saying these kind words about my newsletter, the shop etc, - but barring a few exceptions; I have no idea of which customer represents each Auslot avatar.

I'll have to start asking when I get orders from across the moat.

- Mind you after that stirring slotsnz's winding up his ozzie cousins this morning they might dry up like the road to Alice . . . . . .

Also on

• 2 weeks later...

It never left.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 2 months later...

Golly, I never even put our March newsletter link up on site. - So here you go.

March 2018 Newsletter

Or the February one

February 2018 Newsletter

But the main reason for this post is; I finally got off my derrier; dug the lathe out, disassembled and removed what looked like 50 years of swarf from the innards, recalibrated, and made up some router bits with guide pin for rebating track braid.

As I now make them in-house, it is easier to customise the width of bit, the width of the guide pin (3.18mm or 3.5mm), and the length of pin for any special requirements.

Track production supplies, are now fully restored ROUTER BITS

[/font][/color]

Edited by SlotsNZ

Also on

Mark, that link doesn't work.

Thanks, sorted now.

I forgot, due to PayPal requiring e-commerce sites to go https, some things need a little tweaking.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Welcome to April over Easter

As many of you will already have seen, SlotRaceShop has the new mobile friendly skin installed. We needed to change the site to a mobile

friendly look, in order to retain Google search indexing. I still prefer the old style for desktop browsing, but life is about compromise.

It came with a few bugs from the creators - actually quite a few. My own web guy has fixed several of them for me, but the menu that came

with it still has some glitches we will sort ourselves. You now use either the HOME or BRANDS buttons to get to the full menu.

FEATURES will take you to most of the links which were previously on the right hand side menu; and INFORMATION takes you to the remainder.

Our April Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.

www.slotraceshop.nz/April2018Newsletter.pdf

It is also available as a link under our NEWS section - FEATURES > NEWS

Especially have a read of the tune article to help set up cars for the DTM CLASSIC event we are planning for September in the Hawkes Bay

The DTM Classic - a Slot.it Shootout under FEATURES > THE DTM CLASSIC

Happy Easter and happy slotting everybody

Mark

Also on

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Hard to believe it is May already, and a lot of us will be gathered at Tony's in Nelson this month for the first major event of the year.

If you are going - see you there, if not, I am sure some of us will find a moment to post pictures and video updates on the

NZ Slot Racers facebook page.

Our May Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.

MAY NEWSLETTER

It is also available as a link under our NEWS section.

Happy slotting everybody

Edited by slotraceshopnz

Also on

• 1 month later...

I have marked the DTM weekend on my calendar and have an Opel white kit in my possession.

It is a nice little car with a stiff chassis and plenty of pod movement.

I have secured the motor, added plastic washers to the front axle, glued and trued the N22's.

The chassis and bare shell lap my circuit in 5.7seconds but in a very polite way...a very smooth ride.

Paint when the weather improves and I have time.

• Upvote 1

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

• 2 weeks later...

We have just received our Sideways order, which includes the new BMW 320, a re-stock of the Lancia Stratos 'Alitalia'

- which is now sold out at Sideways; and we have resumed stocking their Pro-speed soft 18 shore 20 x 11 tyres. We have the

new ultra-thin spacers for fine axle/gear adjustment, and have restocked both Raptor motors and extra-hard red pods.

sw58-13.jpg

We also received an NSR order today which includes this gorgeous Audi R8 LMS, and have restocked all sizes of tyre we carry

0065-3.jpg

Edited by slotraceshopnz

Also on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And another month rolls by

August Newsletter here

Following on the speedy departure of Difalco controllers recently, Jim has been busily soldering me up another batch, which should arrive early next week and we will have all 1/32 models in stock, as well as extra "networks" for those who want a hotter response or also do some 1/24th racing.

Also on

FOOTNOTE TO THE QUESTION: The writer later discovered that another driver was using a tyre treatment agent which was transferring residue to the track and likely the cause of balling affect on his N22 tyres.

I am struggling with that concept, Mark. Care to expand?

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

FOOTNOTE TO THE QUESTION: The writer later discovered that another driver was using a tyre treatment agent which was transferring residue to the track and likely the cause of balling affect on his N22 tyres.

I am struggling with that concept, Mark. Care to expand?

The person who had the problem later found that another driver was using a particularly aggressive chemical product which in fact melts pretty much every kind of rubber tyre and reduces their life markedly.

Does the word "gymnasium" give you a hint. :);)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 1 month later...

Our October Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.

NEWSLETTERS

Included is part two of the motor power article, some other tech tips, LOTS of new parts from Slot.it and Sideways, and return of the RSM 3 tyre lathe.

And for that matter, I forgot to post the link to the September newsletter last month.

You can find that just below on the same page.

Also on

• 1 month later...

Oops, did it again. Forgot to post the link to our November newsletter, and our December newsletter is also now out.

Jump to here for links to both, new products, and tech articles.

https://www.slotraceshop.nz/index.php?main_page=page&id=6&chapter=0

This is our new section where you can easily get to individual tech articles from past newsletters.

https://www.slotraceshop.nz/index.php?main_page=page&id=39&chapter=0

Our big move takes place next Friday, so Tuesday we will pack the shop, dismantle all the shelving, and prepare to move to the new location Friday.

Also on

• 2 months later...