Our December Newsletter is now available for download.

http://www.slotraceshop.co.nz/December2015Newsletter.pdf

Our December newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below. In the newsletter this month.

• New products including the first Policar brand F1 car
  • A Wynns livery Porsche
  • Tips and tricks
  • Events roundup
  • A sale
  • And the new Sideways Capri

lotusgold3.jpg

12308562_167640790255136_2353505246610154608_n.jpg?oh=9f49a0e299e7925a453998ff04c73e27&oe=56D55713&__gda__=1458844996_37be43c0bc49fdab76b8a5230e1beb14

hc02.jpg

http://www.slotraceshop.co.nz/December2015Newsletter.pdf

Previous newsletter contents can also be found on our NEWS page - the 2nd link in the left hand column of the webshop site. For folk with slower connections, and for more (AND more regular) news and information than we can fit into one monthly newsletter; - check out our Slotraceshop Facebook page

You can also follow us on Twitter for updates, competitions and news of the slot scene

https://twitter.com/SlotraceshopNZ

The New Zealand Slot Racers Group is now open as a community for Kiwi slotters participating in all scales and areas of interest, do join it, and introduce yourself https://www.facebook.com/groups/NZslotracers/

You can "Join" the group to receive regular news from the NZ slotting scene.

Also on

Facebook & Twitter our Website

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our February Newsletter is now out.

If you aren't a current subscriber or customer, drop me an email @ admin@slotraceshop.co.nz and I'll send you the latest, which includes

• Product News
  • The new Club Subscription
  • Specials
  • Q & A
  • A tech article on angle-winder components setup

And guess what we have on the shelf this month

12573165_195848087434406_5638460065856625223_n.jpg?_nc_ad=z-m&oh=d9472da4df9f8651631e043d63c34fc5&oe=57442521

Go on, guess

And these upgrade bits are on the way from Canada for it. Due in about 2 weeks.

mr8025.jpgmr8030.jpg

Also on

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

JULY 2016 Newsletter

NEWS SALE NEWS SALE NEWS SALE

I have been running Slotraceshop with my wife's support for something over 9 years now, and in that time, a "service for NZ Slotters" has grown into business, with us representing around 20 regular overseas companies, making timing systems, track construction supplies and so on. We do have to thank so many of you for loyal support and encouragement, actively promoting slotraceshop as a "go-to" first choice supplier, and contributing articles and in many other ways during that time.

My wife and I have plans to move to Europe later this year, and so as many of you know, I have offered the shop for sale as a going concern the past 3 months. Sadly, no credible buyer has emerged who would be willing to take on the stock, and represent the agencies in a way that I could recommend transfer of the agencies to that new operator.

So with regret, we have made the decision in June to begin winding down the shop, with closure expected in around three months time.

As preparation, we will now of course stop purchasing new stock, so we will not import any more new release cars.

I am sorry that we have to do this, as it will make supplies of many products less easy, and slower to obtain.

NOW to the business end of things.

SALE

We want to encourage you to "fill your boots" with cars and parts while they are still around. So to kick things off, for the the next week, we are offering 35 percent off, store wide.

So don't delay, pretend this is one of those TV offers, and be among the first 999 buyers before you miss out.

Also on

Just a reminder that there is only one more day to run in our big

35% off Store-wide sale

Slot.it axles, gears and some other parts are just about sold out already, but a reminder, we still have decent stocks of many Slotting Plus parts. Slotting Plus ALSO use the 2.38mm axle diameter, and are high quality parts.

Most of their angle-winder gears and pinions can be seamlessly integrated with Slot.it parts, - only the extreme end of gear ratios may be a bit noisy due to the different way they are cut. (.5 modulus versus 48 pitch)

The other difference being that Slotting Plus use M2.5 grub screws.

So if you haven't taken advantage of our stock clearance yet, be in quick.

- And if you have, thanks, and feel free to take another bite at the cherry-575547_960_720.png

Also on

• 4 weeks later...

It's CHRISTMAS Iy's come early this year

So if you think you will survive the icy glares of the better half, dig in again over the next 7 days.

In case you're in shock, or thought you didn't hear me right, that was

50% off all remaining stock

Fill yer boots socks lads (and ladies)

Edited by slotraceshopnz

Also on

damn another week with no foods for the kids....I wonder if WINZ will buy me some of your cars??

Might have to start sleeping in my car.

Edited by branco

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Why do you think we sold our house and moved to an unspecified address . . . . . . . LOL

I saw visions of housewife assassins, and would wake up in a sweat looking for gun barrels through the window.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hear hear or is it here here, all the same cheers Mr Burgess. You opened my eyes(and wallet) to this great hobby of ours.

• 4 weeks later...

logo.gif

SEPTEMBER 2016 Newsletter - AKA The Final Act

This is it, our final ever newsletter, nearly 9 years, 100 plus newsletters, thousands of orders, more than 100,000 lines of stock requests picked, I estimate around 8,000 cars, 400 controllers, 150 timing systems, tyre numbers - "pick a number and add lots of zeros" and so on. About 16,000 individual email replies to product or technical queries. Whatever angle I look at it from, to quote the ozzie kid in the hardware advert (ozzie customers, you really don't want an explanation of this slagging off) "she's a pretty big job trev"

More than two thirds of our stock lines are already completely sold out and hidden from view on the site, I have stacks of empty bin boxes, and those with stock in, well they look pretty much like I've been burgled.

But there is still some stock left, so for 5 days only, 1st to 5th September.

70% off all remaining stock

I also found a few cars not on shop stock, and a couple more digital controllers and cartridges, so have added them for sale. After that, the doors shut 6th September, we'll do our final wash-up, carry the paperwork down to our accountants, and leave them to file our end of year with IRD in a few months.

Meanwhile, we're preparing to fly out in less than 5 weeks for our new life in Spain - at least for the forseeable future. My first slot appointment is either The Spanish Slot Festival end of October to catch up with old suppliers and a couple of European customers, or if I don't make it, to Slot Club Elche to race with Diego, owner of Cartrix and Mitoos. - We'll be living just a few minutes drive from the Elche club. For those of you on Auslot, I'll try and produce the odd bit of news from Europe, from an antipodean perspective.

Thanks one more time for your support whatever length of time you have dealt with us. Fill yer boots lads (and ladies)

A few SPECIAL thanks before I go.

- My local club guys, current and past; who serve me regular doses of biffo and humble pie; but have supported me so much through the years, and for getting behind the establishment of enduro and proxy racing. You've been stirling as I ran the proxy series for 6 years. I will miss thE Thursday night and weekend shennanigans.

- Malcolm and Hugh out of CMRC Club Christchurch, who showed me the heart and pulse of their club even before I attempted to get a club started in HB and the shop set up.

- Mike Doo, the guy who said "We've needed something like this for a long time" and made me realise I hadn't gone barking mad to set up the shop, and for his support from go to whoa.

- Westie, also a great encourager from day one, when I rocked up to Henderson club with a boot load of Ninco cars right at the start of the journey, and no clue where this was all going; - and for 2 years of running proxy series.

- Charles L. For much support and enthusiasm through the years and promoting in Taranaki.

- Dave at HB club for picking up the proxy racing from Westie.

- Wongie - for taking ideas and running further with Enduro racing, creating the Nationals and his huge commitment at a national level, trying to "herd the cats"

- Cookie - For all his support in the South Island, and a nod for his decades of supporting and building slot racing in NZ.

- Mac, for creating and hosting a lot of great, fun local events. "So long and thanks for all the hot-dogs" [with apologies to Douglas Adams]

- Droid - for all your work in Christchurch

- Ember, for great graphics

- The guys in the Oz clubs who fed and housed me, took me racing, and taught me so much about the hobby and the camerarderie of it, especially, Dick, Dave and Shane S., Matt, Eno, Alan S, and Tooter. I will never forget Phillip Island and Cape Patterson.

- Vince, Charlie et all from Auslot, who provide a great platform for all the down under racers to interact, and allowed me the privilege of being both a forum moderator and a sponsor, and Gazza for taking all my slagging in the mods chat :)

A few other special customers, who have been just boots and all behind me - Syd M. and his guys in W.A., Ged, Mark I., Anthony, Mark M, Giovanni (good to finally meet you at the 12 hour last month), Ross H., Alan M., Phil K., for your promotion of my biz in Tassie, and your huge contribution to slot racing in Australasia.

As soon as I have sent this, I know I will kick myself for all those I have left off the list, I could go on for pages, but thanks to all. I have enjoyed relating to so many in this great hobby.

And Mike W. - It's not too late, I know you're old, slow, and scared of getting thrashed some more, but don't give up, you can still try to race. .................................................................. mwaa haa haa

KIITS (Keep it in the slot)

Mark Burgess

Edited by slotraceshopnz

Also on

- My local club guys, current and past; who serve me regular doses of biffo and humble pie;
you needed us to keep you (mostly) real.

Now, I expect a name change to Slots ES.....none of this speaking for the nation stuff any more.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

So who's going to keep Munter in check now!!!!

munter makes Mark mutter, "munter's mad"

with alliteration ala that level, the rumour could grow..... :D :D :D

Sorry, regret unable to change handle - - - one thing forum doesn't allow in the software...

Maybe you'll get a new member from Spain to haunt the forum. . sems to be a thing of those who never really left, or at least all the Mike's who never really left anyway.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 1 year later...

Yes - I am back.

I didn't plan it this way, but after receiving a number of encouragements from former customers, talking with a couple of European suppliers about our future plans when we return(ed) to NZ; then casting an eye over the slotting landscape back in New Zealand from our home in Spain;

....... I decided to re-open SlotRaceShop.

Note that our actual website address has changed as has our email address.

We are now using the shortened top level domain system available - just www.slotraceshop.nz

Don't use the old saved link, it goes to a domain dead end. Likewise, our new email address is sales@slotraceshop.nz

As I didn't keep a complete website backup when we shut last year; I have rebuilt off a 2014 database clone my web maintenance guy had kept.

That does mean we are missing more than two years of new customer records, sales records and a lot of inventory and web coding. The site looks a bit rough right now, but as resources permit, I will get the appearance into a tidier format.

Right now, I am working on getting products into stock that are most useful for customers.

Some important housekeeping

PLEASE CHECK YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS and other account details when placing your first order.

Any address and phone number updates after August 2014 are not captured in the site database.

- If you are reading this newsletter ON the website and have changed email address since 2014 you won't be able to log in. Just send me an email to sales@slotraceshop.nz from your new email address and ask me to update it for you on the database. Then you can use your new email as your login.

- If you have your correct email address as your username for logging in, but have forgotten your password, do a password reset, you should get the automatic email within a couple of minutes.

Also on

Welcome back, Senor Mark

Yay, another great supplier back on deck...

PS. Don't forget to update your profile pic with the new address.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Yay, another great supplier back on deck...

PS. Don't forget to update your profile pic with the new address.

Thanks for reminder Rusty. Am waiting on Jacob to change that link - but you reminded me to change my signature links !

He's talking about the site URL visible in your profile picture :) all other links should now be changed on the forum. I couldn't edit where the old bitly was pointing to, so I had to create a new one and update all the old references - hope I got them all.