73 replies to this topic

#61 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

Welcome to April over Easter
As many of you will already have seen, SlotRaceShop has the new mobile friendly skin installed. We needed to change the site to a mobile
friendly look, in order to retain Google search indexing. I still prefer the old style for desktop browsing, but life is about compromise.
It came with a few bugs from the creators - actually quite a few. My own web guy has fixed several of them for me, but the menu that came
with it still has some glitches we will sort ourselves. You now use either the HOME or BRANDS buttons to get to the full menu.

FEATURES will take you to most of the links which were previously on the right hand side menu; and INFORMATION takes you to the remainder.

Our April Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.
www.slotraceshop.nz/April2018Newsletter.pdf

It is also available as a link under our NEWS section - FEATURES > NEWS
Especially have a read of the tune article to help set up cars for the DTM CLASSIC event we are planning for September in the Hawkes Bay
The DTM Classic - a Slot.it Shootout
under FEATURES > THE DTM CLASSIC

Happy Easter and happy slotting everybody
Mark

Also on Facebook & Twitter our Website

#62 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:01 AM

Hi all

Hard to believe it is May already, and a lot of us will be gathered at Tony's in Nelson this month for the first major event of the year.
If you are going - see you there, if not, I am sure some of us will find a moment to post pictures and video updates on the

NZ Slot Racers facebook page.

Our May Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.
MAY NEWSLETTER

It is also available as a link under our NEWS section.

Happy slotting everybody

Edited by slotraceshopnz, 01 May 2018 - 05:10 AM.

#63 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

Good morning, folks, fossils, ladies, gents, hobbits, muppets and anyone I may have overlooked.
Our June newsletter is now available for download on site as a PDF file in our news section
Slotraceshop June News

#64 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

I have marked the DTM weekend on my calendar and have an Opel white kit in my possession.

It is a nice little car with a stiff chassis and plenty of pod movement.

I have secured the motor, added plastic washers to the front axle, glued and trued the N22's.
The chassis and bare shell lap my circuit in 5.7seconds but in a very polite way...a very smooth ride.

Paint when the weather improves and I have time.
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#65 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Our shipment of Difalco controllers has arrived. Lots of lovely race control
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

We have just received our Sideways order, which includes the new BMW 320, a re-stock of the Lancia Stratos 'Alitalia'
- which is now sold out at Sideways; and we have resumed stocking their Pro-speed soft 18 shore 20 x 11 tyres. We have the
new ultra-thin spacers for fine axle/gear adjustment, and have restocked both Raptor motors and extra-hard red pods.
Posted Image

We also received an NSR order today which includes this gorgeous Audi R8 LMS, and have restocked all sizes of tyre we carry
Posted Image

Edited by slotraceshopnz, 19 June 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#67 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:15 AM

Our July Newsletter is now available for download in the NEWS section of our site

Posted Image
There are also links to earlier newsletters below, in case you are hunting for that tech article from prior newsletters

#68 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

Thanks Mark
I enjoy your news

Rossko

#69 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:55 PM

And another month rolls by

August Newsletter here

Following on the speedy departure of Difalco controllers recently, Jim has been busily soldering me up another batch, which should arrive early next week and we will have all 1/32 models in stock, as well as extra "networks" for those who want a hotter response or also do some 1/24th racing.

#70 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

FOOTNOTE TO THE QUESTION: The writer later discovered that another driver was using a tyre treatment agent which was transferring residue to the track and likely the cause of balling affect on his N22 tyres.

I am struggling with that concept, Mark. Care to expand?
John Warren

#71 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

View Postmunter, on 12 August 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

FOOTNOTE TO THE QUESTION: The writer later discovered that another driver was using a tyre treatment agent which was transferring residue to the track and likely the cause of balling affect on his N22 tyres.

I am struggling with that concept, Mark. Care to expand?

The person who had the problem later found that another driver was using a particularly aggressive chemical product which in fact melts pretty much every kind of rubber tyre and reduces their life markedly.
Does the word "gymnasium" give you a hint. :) ;)
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#72 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

mmmmmm tincture of.......strong stuff.

Everyone must have had the problem though.
John Warren

#73 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

Our October Newsletter is now available for viewing and for download as a PDF file; click the link below.
NEWSLETTERS
Included is part two of the motor power article, some other tech tips, LOTS of new parts from Slot.it and Sideways, and return of the RSM 3 tyre lathe.

And for that matter, I forgot to post the link to the September newsletter last month.
You can find that just below on the same page.

#74 slotraceshopnz

Kart Driver

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Oops, did it again. Forgot to post the link to our November newsletter, and our December newsletter is also now out.

Jump to here for links to both, new products, and tech articles.
https://www.slotrace...&id=6&chapter=0

This is our new section where you can easily get to individual tech articles from past newsletters.
https://www.slotrace...id=39&chapter=0

Our big move takes place next Friday, so Tuesday we will pack the shop, dismantle all the shelving, and prepare to move to the new location Friday.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users