Nsr Tyres

Peter Gunn

Not used these for a while as mainly been using Slot it or MJK's , but as I was thinking about doing a proxy or two went back to them and found nothing but problems with them, the quality is not what it was. Firstly 5212 Super grip 20x12's bought 8 and not one was round and the centre join was very rough luckily I have a tyre razor and spent some joyous time trying to get them round taking of rather a lot of the surface until the tyre was level with the join line which was lower down than the rest of the tyre, also having to take a fair bit of the sides as they were not straight, ok for me as I have the equipment and the time , have any of you found this same trouble. A bit fed up ordered 5208 Super grip 20x10's so 8 of those duly arrived and you know what's coming , exactly the same problem as the others but not so bad to be fair only took me an hour or so to get them right. Surely it is not beyond the realms of reality to buy something you can use out of the box , and run a car not something hopping about like a kangaroo. :angry:

Just opened a pack of 5231 Ultragrips and the 1st one I picked out had a split in the seam. Can't understand why there is a seam in the tyre, especially running crossways rather than a moulding line around the tyre. A bit disappointed. And the tyres that were 'good' lost over 0.5mm to true. So much for 1mm clearance

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Thanks Kash15394 did wonder where our politicians came from appears your rejects , as they are something else that jumps about all over the place , on the tyre issue I am having yes ok now they are trued and considerably smaller, trouble is they are now to small for what I intended so do I buy any more ??????????????. :o