Nzsca Rtr National Events: News, Announcements, Comment

Charles

Might I suggest you either read my post, or read the email Chris sent you et al. regarding results of voting on remits from last years AGM. The email was dated 10/12/2015 with subject line AGM RTR Remits. This line is of particular importance.

12. That only one RTR event be held per year. (For 2016 this would be the RTR enduro in Wellngton due to it not being held in 2015) Not carried

Regards

Craig

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Thanks Craig for putting me straight. I clearly did not read the results very well.

Have checked email concerned. You are absolutely right.

Having been put in my place however I do not remember Chris consulting on or providing dates for comment. I thought whole idea of having one person rather than previous sub-committee was to resolve these kind of problems with the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

Another point is I thought you were only the tecnical advisor. Finally annoucement should be made by Chris Wong via NZSCA rather than through AUSLOT. AUSLOT is fine once decision made.

Some clubs may not even consult AUSLOT. I therefore look forward to consultation and advice to all NZSCA members through the right channels.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi all, just to confirm everything Craig has written and to thank him for doing what I am not good at doing, dealing with forums! I have just emailed to all past recent entrants the dates and to explain that the minimum entry requirement for the Nationals has dropped to 15 after consulting with the host club Wellington who feel it is manageable on their large track with that few people.

Reading the above comments, Tony Cook did agree to host the Nationals in 2017, numbers permitting obviously. That would have put it nicely in sync if we held the enduro this year (2016) after missing it last year.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to be a pain guys, but any idea how many entries are in for this year's Nationals?

I can't make any travel plans until 100% certain that event will take place, 15 entries maybe too many.

cheers

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to all those racing at the NZ RTR Nationals in Wellington today.

No surprise I suppose. What a piss poor effort with running what is meant to be our premier race meeting. Those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

Hi all. The RTR Nationals dates have been and gone. Unfortunately there were simply not enough interested parties, and the number was set at 15 to make it feasible to marshall and race control such a large track while having 6 drivers up there as well.

Apologies to those who I did know were intending to enter until days before or after the event dates. With luck it will happen in Nelson in 2017.

It may not be well known but traditionally many entrants are "guest drivers" from the metal chassis fraternity who Craig Goodwin and myself supply cars for. As there are 5 cars per driver it obviously takes a large amount of time to prepare each year for 2 or 3 other drivers as well as your own cars. Sometimes life just gets in the way so this of course dropped numbers considerably. Also the host club are not an RTR club either.

It was felt by some the central venue on such a large and prestigious track would be the catalyst for a large field thus not requiring "guest drivers" and the like. It would have been very relaxing for us to just race!

Anyway moving right along the RTR National Slot.it Gp C 12 hour enduro is slated for the 19th and 20th August (as on the NZSCA website) and as it was cancelled last year interest this year is very strong. The minimum 4 teams has been met within weeks of me emailing past entrants so I think people can safely put toehter a car and team in the knowledge it will be proceeding. If there is anybody wanting to be in a team please PM me or leave something on this forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Dates and venue have been set for the 2017 RTR Nationals in Nelson on 11th,12th and 13th August.

NZSCA have decided we allow the host club and a subcomittee of their choosing to write completely new rules and classes to attract the typically large fields they have been attracting to their events.

We have requested they be finalised in time for the NSR Challenge so they can be discussed by those attending that meeting.

This seems like a positive move.

• 1 year later...

BOOM Did that wake anyone up.

Since it is only 3 1/2 months to the New Zealand RTR Nationals, time to get a thread started.

Friday 27th July 2018 (Practice)

Saturday 28th July 2018 (Race)

Sunday 29th July 2018 (Race)

This year they are being held in Dunedin at the Pitlane Slot Car Club. The 2017 rules are unchanged Read here

Classes: GT1, NSR Classics, Slot.it Group C, American Muscle Car

Without making any specific enquiries, so far I know of some going from Wellie-wood, from Nelson, myself from Napier, and there will be a bunch of the local suspects from Pitlane

as they put in special request to have something in their neck of the deep southern woods.

Cars underway

nationals4.jpg

nationals GT.jpg

nationals classic.jpg

This puppy has to do double service. First for the NSR Classic next month first, then the Nats.

nationals muscle.jpg

Would it be too much a stretch to revive Bindy ??

" So Where the B**%# H@$! are you? :

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

How do I find out if the sideways lamdo huracan gt3 is eligible or not for the gt class?

How do I find out if the sideways lamdo huracan gt3 is eligible or not for the gt class?

Ask Tony :)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

HAH - I have 4. An RSM3 for doing fixed wheels cars like Scaley, an NSR for their 2.37mm axles, the Slotcars Technology Euro lathe that were made by Stefano from Slotcars di Marzi Otello in Rome - which I use the most, and a Hudy which is seldom used as the axle shafts are undersized and the wheels sit off-centre. But I'll get that sorted eventually.

There is also a tyre treating rig sitting in the middle of them.

What you don't see is the small jewellers/hobbyists lathe. I have a Unimat SL1000 which I am learning to use at present. Just stripped that down, cleaned and lubed, and recalibrated, probably for the first time in it's 60 year life.