Nzsca Rtr National Events: News, Announcements, Comment

Thanks all. Charles this probably means the most to you as you have some metal experience but NASCAR and V8's are in metal terms completely dissimilar. NASCAR is meant to approximate flexi falcon and Slot.it Gp C Flexi S16D. Both are the same chassis with the latter allowing limited motor mods. V8's simply will not run stock std anything like as nicely as NASCAR. Gp C I had thought of Mr Slot Car but was trying to have identical chassis as per flexi S16D with a bit more sophistication.

Charles it was your remit about Ninco that got Craig G and me thinking about the change! I will email you why NSR as can't type fast on this forum for some reason.

When looking at these NZSCA rules please try and not think if they look similar in full size but look at their mechanical similarity and increasing levels of mechanical freedom as the classes progress.It will all make more sense. If you have never raced metal I urge you to look at the 1/24 rules on www.nzsca.co.nz.

In essence you can change/modify:

NASCAR-body screws, lead wires, braids

Gp C-as above plus tires

Ninco (perhaps becoming NSR) Classics-as above plus body lightening, gearing, chassis (lead weight and bracing, different chassis/pod options for NSR)

Muscle Car-As above plus motor and wheels

GT-As above plus chassis externally

I realise we are not metal but we are NZSCA who have been doing this nationals thing successfully for decades. My view was "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

All we are looking to do is achieve close fair racing and based on previous RTR Nats this has certainly been the case. An anomaly has occurred in GpC for the endure with tires and we are trying to address this.

I like the newcomers trophy idea.

Edited by kennedyrd

• 3 months later...

Have the classes for the Nats been finalised yet?

cheers

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi Branco.

Classes were decided at NZSCA AGM 2014.

No change for 2015 but some good ideas coming forward for 2016. Taranaki tried to get NINCO Classic changed to Group 5 but got voted down by Napier and Wellington. Alternate remit to allow ali wheels and alternative but compatible motors for Ninco was favourably received however subject to RTR Sub-Committee deciding on final rules. Have heard nothing to date but Paul Belchambers is trailing 2 alternative motors. These latter issues certainly need to be resolved soon.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Okay thanks for that Charles.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

In preparation for this years nationals at Napier I have been looking at what cars I will need......

Ninco classic...I have one of those,

Group C....Thank you Mr Slotraceshop,

Muscle car...got plenty,

Gt...Thank you Mr Cook,

Nascar...oops No dealers to be found, a few on Fleabay. can anyone advise me as to where in NZ I can purchase one?

I don't really want to buy Offshore as I like to support our hobby suppliers in Kiwiland.

Cheers.

Mark you will be hard pushed to find an NZ retailer selling Nascars, so don't feel too bad if you have to go offshore.

I used to buy mine from Ironhorse but they have sold out some time ago.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Cheers Craig

Hi All

RTR rules for 2015 have been finalised and sent through to NZSCA. The things I need to highlight are

1. Nascar - The rule regarding no body float has been removed. So you are free to run the body screws loose or tight.

2. Grp C - Any slot.it tyre is allowed on the rear SO LONG as it does not exceed 11.3mm in width.

3. The eligble car list has been expanded to include some new releases.

There was to be a rule stipulating a minimum standard for custom painted liveries but it has been tabled until next year due to time constraints.

Classes have not changed. The venue this year is NPSR in Napier, Hawkes Bay. The event will be held from Friday 1st May to Sunday 3rd May.

There has been some great work by both Chris W, and Mark B to get trophy sponsors. I will let either make an announcement about that once everything has been finalised, but the response from slot car retailers has been very positive.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Thanks for the update Craig

Hi Craig

thanks for update.

Do you recall if the Group C list has been expanded to allow for the new Slot.it Nissan R89 - as the first livery will come out early February, so I was thinking of running one if possible.

mark

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 3 weeks later...

Heya Craig

rules aren't up on the NZSCA site yet - metal boys have fast cars but slow internet :);)

Any chance you could email me a copy, as I am starting on my 2015 cars this weekend . . . .

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all.

I note your comment Craig about RTR Nats rules but I am not aware any meeting of RTR Sub-Committee has taken place yet - according to the two Paul's - the other 2 members.

I appreciate some matters were left to Sub-committee to decide but others were set in concrete. Suggest you look at AGM resolutions as passed again.

Matters I am aware of that were set in concrete included -

• Livery rules up-grade all classes except Ninco Classic.
  • Nascar - No loose screws.
  • Ninco - Any RTR guide, ali wheels and any 20x7 rubber or urethane tyres allowed.
  • 2015 Nats in Napier
  • Min 15 entrants one month before event otherwise cancelled.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Wow, I'm trying to get myself and others motivated to get to the Nationals this year but all this uncertainty doesn't help.

No probs Chas.

Last night I ran my ninco classic in Chch and it went really well, but this car is set up to 2013/4 rules, so for it to be competitive this year it will need upgrading to the new rules if post #40 is correct.

cheers,

Branco

Hi all. Really sorry about the rules. I had tried to do the changes from the AGM from memory and the alzheimers has set in. The NASCAR float rule was overturned while I thought it had passed! Therefore it is unchanged and there is no body float allowed.

Therefore overall the only "major" change is the paint jobs on whitekits must now be "semiscale".

Rules will be published soon. I have not been on the forum for months sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

There is still nothing on the NZSCA site about rules or entry for 2015.

Who does the site maintenance - I'm pushing everyone I contact with to consider traveling and entering, but we still have nothing to refer them to, just over two months out from the event.

I have to say plainly, this is getting close to scuppering the event, in the same way it was scuppered last year by lack of advertising and bad timing.

I hear you Slotsnz......

Entry forms for the 2015 NSR Classic Challenge are available from Tony Cook or let me know if anyone would like to know more on this great event. I see it is limited to 50 entries this year!!!

Now tell me more about the proposed Slot It challenge!!!

Thanks Mark, I already have forms from Tony, I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze one more weekend away from home this year, my planner looks like a nomad's bucket list.

Yeah well I am planning only 1 slot car related trip to the North Island this year and I so want it to be to Hawke's Bay.

hope there are rules for the nat's soon

I am on a very strict budget and have to buy parts over a period of time

if there is no rules posted soon I will have to either cut back to running one car or scrap the event altogether

and put my budget into club cars that I have not got yet

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.