Round 8 - Isle Of Man - Part 4

slotcarmann

Morning guys

Sorry I haven't posted anything this week, I've been busy with Round 8, the 3rd and final stage of which we completed about 10:30 pm last night. :wacko: That makes it 4 rounds in just under 6 weeks. :rolleyes:

No idea where we are overall on this final IOM round, as I still need to tabulate the results, which will be done tonight.

Today it's back down to the club to do a final photo-shoot, give the cars a little t.l.c. after yesterday's very tough stage and pack them up safely for their onward journey to Greece for Round 9, bang on the estimated schedule.

I have made notes about all the cars and will share them with you guys too. I also noted which cars had their tyres glued and which did not, to see if there was any correlation with the results. Some cars have virtually no body rock and others have a pretty "free" body....did this make a difference? I'll also put this in a table - and for good measure, I will weigh the cars tonight.

It is amazing how differently the cars behave and how different their power seems to be - some are like on-off switches, some have virtually no brakes, some are really smooth, some rattle like mad and others have to be pushed to the limit just to get them going reasonably. We had a few problems with some of the cars along the way, most of which we fixed reasonably quickly - more about those later.

It has been great fun holding the various rounds over here again, but tiring and time-consuming - Barbs will vouch for that, she only missed 1 of the total of 12 stages! ;) I did however feel that we should try and do as many rounds as possible, given that we no longer have any rounds in the Championship in Canada, USA or Italy this year, so that we can make sure each car has as many opportunities as possible to perform well and has the chance to do a decent "mileage" :lol:

We have mixed up the combination of stages, so that no round was identical and have varied the lengths of the stages too. We used a total of 8 different stages - the TT Grandstand stage was run 3 times, and one of the 3 lanes of the Club's smaller, twistier race-track was used twice.

It never ceases to amaze me how many apparent anomalies this throws up, when you add in different drivers etc - we used 4 in total: Mike Buss, Steve Morrow, Andy White and me - and most cars managed a decent showing at some point. For those that didn't, I apologize, there were a few cars which struggled throughout, despite our best efforts. :unsure:

I also apologize that I haven't been able to update with reports, videos and photos etc as we went along - due to lack of time, lack of bodies at some of the stages (at several there were just Barbs and me) - a holiday in the UK and sporadic computer problems. However, I hope to make up for that over the next few days.

Once I have completed today's beauty parade, I'll start work tonight and send the results to the organisers.

Finally, please can someone pjn this thread?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Congrats on the hard work...

Looking forward to the next lot of results, and the thoughts on the cars...

THanks again...

Michael

Great effort from you guys, your attitude and dedication to running these rounds make this Proxy a real pleasure to be apart of.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Great work Dave , We're thinking of adding you to the Guinness Book of records :P . You and the other guys must be going to Physio by now for your fingers . Again top job . I'd be lying if I said I was waiting in anticipation for the next stage unless there was a major catastrophy and all those in front of me including my other car (Gary W's :angry::D ) all of a sudden BLOW UP :o:lol: and I have a podium ;) .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks again Dave

As we have said before, putting your hand up to host a round should not be entered into lightly.

A hell of a lot of time is spent "prepping" the cars even before they hit the track, then there's the "hiccups" during the running, never happens in the warm up, only in the race, all very time consuming and frustrating most of the time, plus while all of this is going on you have to remember every one of the 40 - 50 cars that run so you can give a detailed report back to it's owner on why it was .00000001 of a second slower than the first stage, all good fun.

We really appreciate the time and effort you and your crew have put in for the IOM rounds, keep up the good work.

After this final round you can all have a good break ...... as we'll be back again in under 12 months :D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Dave,

Greetings from Turkey. I did think that if we both took the cars away with us on holiday we could run additional rounds in both Cyprus and Turkey - what do you think? If we had everyone run vac formed bodies and disallow the use of lead it wouldn't show up that much in the luggage allowance.

Thanks to you and Barbs for running the rounds when I deserted you to come on hols. Top job Dave. Do you miss me at the club? If we had wifi then via Skype I could watch the action, possibly even drive a car remotely (not sure what would happen during scrutineering though).

I am aware that that the weather is a little changeable on the Island at present, would you like me to bring some blistering heat back with me?

And.

And pics please. Still waiting on pics promised from the first IoM round.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey guys , apologies , Dave has sent us the last round results of the IOM round 8 but due to family bugs and hospital jaunts , I thought Mel had put them up but found out he was on another boat cruise and has only just got back . So I will endeavour to get them up in the next day even though I picked it in one where I would finish ^_^ . Apologies again . Lets not loose faith just yet.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I'm going to post the rest . So heres the results for Stage 2

Congrats to Matt (again :rolleyes: ) , heres one for the books ROSCO (way to go mate ,try and contain yourself :o:D )and Therodster. Congrats guys.

IOMRnd8Stage2a_zps8cc1ab3d.jpg

IOMRnd8Stage2b_zpsb0cdb080.jpg

IOMRnd8Stage2c_zps80631def.jpg

Craig

And now for the Final Results from The Isle Of Man

Congrats to Barbs (got to be sleeping well now Dave :lol:) , Big Bri and to the bloke whose car didnt fail him again ;):lol: Matt.

IOMRnd8OverallResultsa_zpsea3acf83.jpg

IOMRnd8OverallResultsb_zpsca404b76.jpg

IOMRnd8OverallResultsc_zps78440ea1.jpg

Thanks Dave and to the Isle of Man crew for a good round and now for some pics pleeeeease.

Cheers Craig

Its all yours Mark.

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

Thanks for running these rounds people. Big effort, well done.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

At least I can celebrate some success for Team Mitsi.

Well done to the podiumites for the round. Congrats to Barb for the breakthrough win.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction