Round 8 - Isle Of Man - Part 4

45 replies to this topic

#41 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for details. Sure my tyres were glued when I sent car. Clearly not now.

Far too man offs by the look of it. Wow 17!!!!

Regards Chas Le Breton

#42 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

I am not sure about the info Charles as my car is listed as tyres not trued or chamfered! Is was all done when the car left here.
IMO so many offs indicates that the car has a problem or is being overdriven for its handling capabilities.
The best proxy driver that we have down here has very few offs as he is able to adapt to almost any car and its characteristics,it may be simply because most of his cars handle like crap, so any Proxy car seems great to him! He is not always the fastest in lap times but usually the highest lap score or lowest overall time.
I have to build better cars than him, to compete.
What works for some drivers does not suit others, But a few drivers seem to be able to get the best from any car!

Edited by kalbfellp, 06 September 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#43 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

Interesting tech sheet as far as it goes , personally quite happy with 111 surprised about one front tyre not being glued thought they all were , as regards the amount of off,s , even looking at the run away leaders they even had them , normally a sign of overdriving cars that you can't at clubs I have been at , our top drivers soon adjusted between the good the bad and the ugly and drove them accordingly in their limits, also one point the longer any event goes on the lack of concentration and fatigue sets in, all in all nice to see some feed back thanks IOM.

#44 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

My tyres were definitely glued too...
However, I used contact adhesive which is no where near as strong as super glue, and I suspect that pulling at the edge of the tyre to see if it is glued was enough to break the glue.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#45 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

Superglue always, I tried the rubberised superglue and found that did not last, so back to the tried and tested runny stuff.

#46 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

I know the 111 tyres were all glued when the car left here. One has obviously come adrift with use.

The "off" figures may seem high guys, but remember it's over 12 stages.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users