Need Scalex Plastic Wheel Expert

curef99

hello Guys,

i have this awesome jaguar XKRS car... very good looking and with wheel which are 2mm wider than the standard modern GT3 car.

But when i put it on the track it is wobbly. After further check i found out that one of the rear wheel is not center, this is coming from the fact that it is not allowing the axle to go very deep in this wheels.

is there any other scalex with the same wheel dimenssion? the website list 21 diameter for 12 in width

regards

fabein

Fabein,

Plastic wheels are sometimes hit and miss. Unfortunately you got a miss.

You can try to straighten the wheel by dipping the axle in hot water and "tweeking" it. Sometimes it works. If you can get close then sanding the wheel slightly can get rid of the rest. Then sand the tires.

In reality you'll probably have to by a new rear axle assy. Stanbridges in Perth say they have one. Bad news $23.99. http://www.stanbridges.com.au/shop.W9436

You can have a look around and see if you can find another but. The wheels on the Jag have a very deep dish and are very wide. To get 12mm wide you'll have to go to F1 wheels and then they might be too small in diameter. You need to take the tires off and measure the diameter of the wheel not including the ridge. F1 are 14mm x 11.5.

Then it gets complicated! Slot it has an axle assembly (kk06) but it comes with the wrong gear! 24T not 27T. Then you have to buy tires.

It is all very frustrating I know but. Maybe you can find a used Jag on ebay or something.

Someone else will be a long in a minute? If not come back.

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

Howdy,

U didn't mention whether it s rear or front.

Fronts come with chassis.

Rears

http://www.electricd...uar-p-3322.html

New car.

http://www.electricd...i-c-p-2013.html

The wheels are quite fragile. I broke one the other week.

These things are getting old, but run real good. There are very similar to Corvetttes, but run much better, in my opinion.

I look at one of the BRM tires for the rear. Much nicer than STD.

Scalextric-Vette-V-JagXKRS-01.jpg

Scalextric-Vette-V-JagXKRS-02.jpg

RM-Scalextric-Aston-Vette-04.jpg

RM-Scalextric-Jaguar-XKRS-Grey-Yellow-18.jpg

BM-Scalextric-Jaguar-XKRS-Black-09.jpg

Edited by Roger Miller

...............Take it easy

Now we know the part number Thunderbirds has one!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

thanks a lot guys,

the wheel was a miss and i found another issue, the motor was dead. not lucky.

I check my other car following "kart minder", he is right, the wheel on the xkrs are the same size with tire on than the F1 SCX and scalex. yesssssssssssss.

I do not want to change to the slot it or NSR set as i am preparing the car for my kid for the 2015 national in Tbird :). It will be a modern mc laren mp4-12C GT3 or one of this jag. i hate when everybody come with the same car, so i fear that the modern will represent 90% of the car.

thanks for the pictures roger, the car will get MJK, no BRM, but i was pissed of by the broken wheel.

i have never tried the hot water trick, i fear that the wheel are getting so little attach to the axle that it will be difficult to get the right setting.

regards

fabien

If for you child you should pick the fastest car even if it is the same. :rolleyes: Maybe the Jag is better? B)

" I lost dad because you picked that naf old car!"

Edited by FLY in the wall