This is a project Stubbo and I have been jointly working on for the GPD proxy

Replica of Jacks first Victory in his BT19. The 1966 French GP

Body, paint, decals and plastic bits are Stubbos' handiwork

Metal bits are my contribituion.....

Iphone6August2014023_zpsea39e721.jpg

Iphone6August2014011_zpsc955e412.jpg

Iphone6August2014035_zps108b96d0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some news you boys may be interested in. Immense Miniatures have just started work on sculpting Sir Jack.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Great work Stu and Alan, your taking your building to another level! (Thumbs up emotothingy here)

Chas, this one and Phil's are for another proxy, for post 65 F1 cars I think, not for VRAA.

Thanks guys and Embs' for the compliments!

Will look out for Jack from Immense Miniatures, looking forward to it.

Charles , yes not for the VRAA Tyres and total width are over scale to the real car, but is legal for the proxy. It is made to race so there are compromises. It will be probably the narrowest car entered. True to form this BT19 wont have the straight line speed of the other cars with its fly motor. Seeing what Phil has put in his we may have made the wrong choice of motor. We'll see how goes soon enough.

Hi Slo1quick. I was only joking about the proxy as I thought it looked too good.

With you and Phil in it however will be worth a look. What is it called? Sounds about ready to blast off. More than happy to support my Aussie Cuzzies.

Unrelated question? Is WRC BMW Mini eligible for OZ Rally, No particular wish to retire Subaru but a new challenge is always rewarding.

Regards Chas Breton

Spent a long time with lots trials and errors before it started to come together Mark.

Stubbo made the intakes so I'll let him answer work on those. dizzy and leads I poked 8 bits of bead wire into a piece of 3/32 aluminium tube jammed up with a bit of 0.8mm piano wire and glued trimmed......

Here are all the bits prior to assembly

Iphone6August2014006_zpseee72bed.jpg

These shots show the chassis without the hang on bits

28July14058_zpsfd8367c1.jpg

28July14054_zps40e3e849.jpg

Where do I sign up for a tutorial on the exhausts?

Terry

Hi Terry

Exhausts are made using 1.2mm aluminium mig wire, 1/8" aluminium tube, 3/32 aluminium tube and mounted using a M1.6 x 5mm grub. The mounting post is 2mm thin wall tube (the 1.6mm grub is a neat fit through this) to which a short peice of 0.8mm piano wire is brazed prior to alignment and soldering to the chassis.

I have started to make another set, this time with more progressive pics with the jig I made to do them, they really are quite complex for something so simple.

Until then I have these pics....

Iphone3August2014005_zps2e0527f9.jpg

Iphone3August2014007_zps73702762.jpg

Well, yeah. I got an idea. To get you guys to build me one when IM's Black Jack portrait figure is available.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Their proper business tends to get inundated at times making animal suits for movies and mascots. I may have side-tracked things a little when I suggested Denise McCluggage was worth honouring. Of course it helped that Heidi (who does the physical portrait sculpting) agreed. Dan Gurney is about to be released and Fangio is in digital form for touch-ups before 3D printing. Jack is currently in about day 3 of the sculpting.

I'd been thinking about getting a Scaley Tasman Lotus 49 and trying to detail up a Jimmy Clark or Graham Hill car. But, I'd be even more tempted with Jack driving a Brabham.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg