Foam Tyre Advice

toast

HI all

Well the nats are still mm 10 months away but i need help

My son and i are going to run in slot it group c , lmp and group 5 all classes running with the foam tyres, this is some thing new to me and so where do u start, , i see that we have 3 brands to choose from and at moment can only guess that maybe scale auto be the best but well i could be wrong.

So which brand do i start with ???

I have my own track , wood routed does running foam on it are good idea as its also used for our club of which all cars are running the rubber tyres

thanks

toast

slot.It tyres are the best for you to start with,combine them with the slot.it wheels thatare designed for the foam tyres and you don't have to glue them.Part number for the tyres is PT1209SP30 and WH1190-AL for the wheels.These are the tyres that i use on my Group C and LMP cars

mmm,

for the nationals there are only certain foams we can use slot it, nsr and scale auto , so with that might start off with the slot it tyres that have been allocated for the nats and see how we go , considering its a slot it class etc does sound like the way to go aswell

shaun

Interested to know if you are just using foam tyres or are they combined with a glued track like metal cars.

One of the problems in NZ is metal car glued tracks being used for Hard Body classes. It is just about impossible to get glue out of braid completely.

We are currently investigating the use of foams but interested to know your experiences. Is it just not easier to stay with rubber, urethane or silicon.

Regards Chas Le Breton

NSR it is I run pro comp3 on my scale auto on the current brabham track (gloss and goo)

Have only used the NSR 1/32 scale tyres on the new sidways group 5 car and they are freaky good on all the 4

lane tracks.

The slot it ones are available but I dont think Chris has any at the moment. But with the level of grip I get from these

I cant see me bothering with anything else ever

I have received advice from a friend who also happens to be a multiple national champ, that the NSR foams are the best. I havnt used any yet of any brands of foam yet. waiting for new track, then do testing to see what works best for me. I may try all brands and come to different conclusion though.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

oh ok so might the nsr way to go then, do u know the serial number as for the nats i can only run a certain model number ??

Not of the top of my head but those part numbers are available on the 2015 MCN thread I would do a link but am late for work!!

thses tyres are on your group 5?? tried them at all on slot it at all

Yep on my group 5, NSR GT3 and classic917 they are great on ferredore.

Have yet to try them on the new track the nationals will be on (its still getting painted)

but jazzbell thinks thay will be just as good there

Shaun,

we can practice together once the track is up. I will be doing same as you. testing foams and fine tuning. look forward to meeting you at your club soon.

john h

Guest jazzbell

Shaun,

we can practice together once the track is up. I will be doing same as you. testing foams and fine tuning. look forward to meeting you at your club soon.

john h

At your club soon? Is this another breakaway.

Regards shane a

Team nsr

breakaway? from what. I race at several venues and just been invited to another one. that's great news isn't it.

its all about enjoying the slot car family we all belong to.

Guest jazzbell

Chas

The track at thunderbird raceway that these nationals will be run on is a none goo track just paving paint.

We are currently running these tyres on ferredore with great grip they truly are awsome

All major events on the new track will be goo prepared events starting with with the Scaleauto 8 hr in November and the nationals too.

breakaway? from what. I race at several venues and just been invited to another one. that's great news isn't it.

its all about enjoying the slot car family we all belong to.

This wasn't to you John. I don't give a toss where you race.

Breakaway is someone goes from one club and starts up another club and takes others from the club they were from and you never see them again. I just asked the question because I haven't seen them for a long time. Sorry to get off track don't take it the wrong way or read it as I'm having a go at anyone.

NSR and the Scaleauto the pick of tyre for me depending on class and tyre size I go for.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

well today is the first time I heard of a 'breakaway'. my commitments to existing venues, commercial and private wont change at all. i am having too much fun to do that.

going to as many venues, as possible, and meeting people that love slot cars, is my aim. if one venue tries to convince me NOT to run at another venue, then i may cease my association with any such group from that point on.

• 3 weeks later...

Fabien,

I saw the track last night. slowly coming to shape. half is still in pieces, but it looks very exciting to drive. it gonna be fast track with a few mild hairpins to test the chassis builders and driving skills. it cant come soon enough......