Mcn Adelaide 2015

Guest jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

I'd like to announce the 2015 Scale Model Nationals will be held in South Australia.

June long weekend Queen's Birthday 5th,6th and 7th 2015.

Venue will be Thunderbird Raceway,Unit 6,91 Research Rd,Pooraka,Sa 5095

PH 8262 2262 OR 0419849710

The following classes will be raced are.........

1/32 scale Sideways Group 5

1/32 Scale NSR classic

1/32 Scale Slot-it group C

1/32 scale open class LMP/PROTO

1/32 scale NSR GT

The following 2 classes are for people who have never placed in a state or national championship can only race. These 2 classes will be magnet racing.

Racing for these classes will be both on the Lowndes track.

1/32 Scalextric GT

1/32 Scalextric Muscle

The Junior under 14 will race also magnet plus on the lowndes track.

1/32 Scalextric class

1/32 Scalextric Muscle

LMP 24 Scale will be an invitation 6 team 2 per team race. This will be a 2 hr endurance race on the Saturday night.

1/24 SCALE AUSSIE SLOTWOX V8'S 3 HR 4 MAN TEAM RACE

1/27 Scale Plafit mini-z GT

1/24 Scale Plafit Can-am

1/24 Scale Auto

All classes for next years event will race on foam tyres. Only classes that will run either on standard or MJK will be the Scalextric magnet classes.

Please follow the other topics that will be on offer,rules ,classes,format ,sponsors and accommodation.

Once i have class rules up NO changes will be made after January 31st 2015.

So i hope we can all support the 2015 MCN at Thunderbird raceway in 2015 .

Its going to be big............We held it in 2012,this event will be on our new 6 laner so don't miss out.

Best venue in Australia.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

This is news I've been waiting to hear. I can see this event being HUGE.

Now to await the rules so we can all purchase and prepare cars.

Justin

I'll start with the class rules over the weekend Justin.

For all the local races at Thunderbird i'll have a section on the wall behind the Brock track with all the rules posted up for next years mcn

Also group 5 is introduced for the first time next year . At Thunderbirds we are introducing this as class into our local racing to.So dont be left behind and go and buy one or three.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

well, i may motivate esteban (10) to join the junior race and may prepare few cars to have a go. Out of curiosity, what are the car elligible in the scalex GT and muscle.

As i said rules will be up soon and it will have car lists.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Hi Guy's, I've locked the race schedule and classes topic for 2015 MCN so everyone can find the imformation there after quick and easy.

More rules for classes are to be up by the end of the weekend plus update on car lists and lists of cars for the scalextric GT and Muscle. Plus the Plafit and other classes not up as yet.

So any questions on anything to do with this event lets keep it in the MCN 2015 topic.

Also whatch for sponsors as i've chased up some great stuff already for next year,bigger than ever.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hi Guy's, I've locked the race schedule and classes topic for 2015 MCN so everyone can find the imformation there after quick and easy.

More rules for classes are to be up by the end of the weekend plus update on car lists and lists of cars for the scalextric GT and Muscle. Plus the Plafit and other classes not up as yet.

So any questions on anything to do with this event lets keep it in the MCN 2015 topic.

Also whatch for sponsors as i've chased up some great stuff already for next year,bigger than ever.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Great work Shane.

You do a massive amount of work behind the scenes to make these event bigger and better every year. I can't wait to see what's in store for next year.

Justin

Guest jazzbell

Hi guy's

All the classes and rules are up now,some little tweaks on car updates and rules may be needed,other that i think all good.

Tryed to make it easy to find things this year ,rtr 32 scale rules and metal chassis rules are in there own topic to make life a little more simple to find things.

Remember know rule changes after the 31st of January 2015.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

hi,

for the slot it rear tyres/rims ruling, we are to use 'foam tyres', but from what i am told, the foam tyre/rims have a lip on them.

the ruling states 'orig rims only'. the orig rims do not have a lip to enable foam tyres. am i misreading something?

sorry for dumb question

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Guest jazzbell

hi,

for the slot it rear tyres/rims ruling, we are to use 'foam tyres', but from what i am told, the foam tyre/rims have a lip on them.

the ruling states 'orig rims only'. the orig rims do not have a lip to enable foam tyres. am i misreading something?

sorry for dumb question

Read the rules

orig rims and foam tyres, so its clear that the foam tyres (having never seen them)are made for the original rims, and not ones with special lips, which i was told.

ok all clear.

Guest jazzbell

ok all clear.

Not all clear .

Read the rules,original front wheels.

RTR foam nsr or scaleauto or slot it rear wheels.

Edited by jazzbell

last question.

'all body screws to be used'

what about pod screws? all have to be used, or can any be left unused? loose screws fall out so i prefer to delete them altogether.

absolute last question. no more after this.

Guest jazzbell

last question.

'all body screws to be used'

what about pod screws? all have to be used, or can any be left unused? loose screws fall out so i prefer to delete them altogether.

absolute last question. no more after this.

Group C slot-it is inline,4 screws hold the pod in 4 screws must be in.

and one more, the rule say : 2.Adding weight to any part of the chassis is allowed.

usually this is linked to another comment: if place under the chassis, the weight should be cover by tape.

Common sense ,glue and tape .

Regards shane a

Team NSR

• 1 month later...

Hi Shane I have been asked by a number of our club members about the Group 5 Sideways class. As you are aware our club rules at TBird’s allow the motor pod to be replaced with the Slot.it pod for club racing. When the pod is changes you need to break off two plastic tabs to make room for the Slot.it pod.

Are you allowed to run the chassis in the Nationals with these tabs removed and the original pod reinstalled? Or would you be required/allowed to re glue these tabs back in place?

As I understand it spare chassis are not currently available for these cars locally.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane I have been asked by a number of our club members about the Group 5 Sideways class. As you are aware our club rules at TBird’s allow the motor pod to be replaced with the Slot.it pod for club racing. When the pod is changes you need to break off two plastic tabs to make room for the Slot.it pod.

Are you allowed to run the chassis in the Nationals with these tabs removed and the original pod reinstalled? Or would you be required/allowed to re glue these tabs back in place?

As I understand it spare chassis are not currently available for these cars locally.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

This will be ok as many other people would be in the same boat,plus the little tabs is not a tuning gain if in or out. Everything else must be to the rules as is.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Guest jazzbell

Guys please note that due to the fox2 motor know longer being produced the replacement motor for all classes running the fox2 will now be the new fox 4.

I'll make the changes in the class rules. So plenty of time and plenty of notice for the change.

Regards Shane a

Team nsr

Guest jazzbell

Hey Shane.. will the old Fox motor still be legal?

Kim the old fox motor will not be used at all.

All plafit classes will run only with the new fox 4.

My decision is to run one or the other and now the availability of the fox 2 you can't buy I've chosen to go the new fox 4.

Regards Shane a

Team nsr

I'm hoping to come over for this, depending on a few things finances etc but anyway I'm starting to look at building some cars and I have a few SCX NASCAR's and I just wondered how you identify the motor on these things? They are built in a plastic pod and I can't read the writing on the bottom etc.

I also have one NASCAR that has a motor that says RX - 4H so I think that is a pro NASCAR yeah and ineligible?

Thanks in advance

Edited by silver rocket

I Miss Brocky...