Motors

aquakiwi

Hi Aquakiwi.

I have not compared actual performance yet but MRRC on Trademe have 14000RPM motor $12 that may be suitable. I have already bought one to try.

Otherwise Dart Hobbies have both the BWA NC1 "S" can and the BWA FF050 for $5 Canadian. Ordering however can be a bit variable.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

What are you upto Aqua?

I hope you are not entering another Proxy without gaining permission from Chas or myself!!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I have not compared actual performance yet but MRRC on Trademe have 14000RPM motor $12 that may be suitable. I have already bought one to try.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Just make sure the SRP motors (MRRC) are the newer rated at 12v motors as apposed as the older rated at 15v ones... Edited by shadow_rusty

Knowing what spec slim can motors you are looking for would help?

Not sure myself Phil, the MRRC motors I have are a bit fierce, and the "tamer" ones I have sourced from a supplier (in the past) sometimes take a "tad" long to arrive.(am I being diplomatic"./quote]

Our group race with mt1 s-can $8 mt5 long cans $10 an also mt1 slim cans $8

You buy them from slot car corner and I highly rate them for controlled motor racing mt1s is the same rating as bwa I actually have a mt1s that bets bwa motors in my can-am car

Edited by GAS41T

What are you upto Aqua?

I hope you are not entering another Proxy without gaining permission from Chas or myself!!!!

Wouldn't dream of it Branco, just stocking up in case a few more blow up.

That wasn't by chance a whiff of insincerity I smell in the air was it th_stirpot.gif

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Its more the NC 1 type motor I need as I still have a couple of D'art slim cans. I was considering entering the U13 proxy but I was,nt sure whether the 13 eligibility referred to age, size, wheelbase or IQ.

Edited by aquakiwi

Hi Aquakiwi.

IQ in my case but probably because Sprite Proxy was started in 2013.

There was a comment on Sprite thread that said slimline powered cars did better than NC1/BWA NC1.as car could have lower centre of gravity Certainly nothing wrong with my SPX and Phil went really well in HP. I was 1st = and he was second. Think we both had slimlines.

MRRC dealer on Trademe is really good. Just make sure motor eligible as MRRC I think deleted from something. Might have been U13.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

My HP sprite was powered by an SRP ( MRRC ) 16,000 motor, probably would have done better, but for one reason the rubber washers on the front body mounts disappeared during the series and the front wheels were binding on the body.

For some reason the SRP has been deleted this year BUT the BWA NC 1 is still eligible!

My SPX was under powered with only 18,000 RPM slimline.

I think this year will be a little different with a change of rules and bodies.

IMO the cars will be a little more like the IPS series where the BWA NC1 rules.

But only time will tell.the last two or 3 tracks this year provided some strange results with some of the HP cars doing more laps thsn the SPX cars.

The U13 refers to the age of guys playing with toy cars, according to one of my family!

Edited by kalbfellp